Jump to content

players got banned for exploiting a bug


Sharkgoblin
 Share

Recommended Posts

like if the exploit would be stealing someone acc info would make sense to ban or if the exploit would be making infinite plat or cheating in pvp, or forcing a riven reroll to give wanted stats so you get all godrolls, but banning some players because they leveled some stuff faster? i know about an user that used the exploit to use 3 formas and he got suspended till 2035, like give 2 week suspension, 1 month, 2 months, but till 2035? because he formaed something 3 times super fast? you guys at DE are exaggerating 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best commentary from reddit:

Quote

The issue with what Noob did wasn't the exploit..it was the exploit + macro.

The issue that made this really bad wasn't the fact that this exists, but the fact that a MACRO was used to give a significant unintended advantage.

If a person would just spam a key the affinity rates are pretty terrible actually....it is the macro that made it work. A typical person can do around 200-400 clicks per minute @ 200 affinity * 3/4 = ~45k weapon affinity per minute. A weapon needs ~450k affinity thus manually doing it is 10 minutes or so. At that point...just to go hydron, Helene or better yet ESO.

What n00b did was violate the latitude that DE gave us for using macros in such a serious way it could not be ignored. This is why we can't have nice things as they say.

The problem is the macro. Everyone that got banned knew it as a bug, knew it was an exploit, and still used a macro to exploit the bug even more.

Ban well deserved.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 2035 ban is usually from automated ones which users would need to appeal to support.

However abusing an obvious exploit is still worth punishment. And if someone intentionally exploited it as much as they could (burning through a dozen Forma or so) definitely deserves a lengthy ban.

Also the game can auto detect these situations and determine if you obtained an "impossible" amount of affinity in a short period of time. If someone's account showed them doing this several times in a row then it's also pretty clear they were intentionally abusing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Accidentally benefitting of a bug? That can happen to anyone. It probably has happened to everyone.

Reproducing the bug and benefitting from it? You're on icy ground.

Going out of your way to build a macro to abuse the bug as ruthlessly as you can? Might as well beg to be banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

like if the exploit would be stealing someone acc info would make sense to ban or if the exploit would be making infinite plat or cheating in pvp, or forcing a riven reroll to give wanted stats so you get all godrolls, but banning some players because they leveled some stuff faster? i know about an user that used the exploit to use 3 formas and he got suspended till 2035, like give 2 week suspension, 1 month, 2 months, but till 2035? because he formaed something 3 times super fast? you guys at DE are exaggerating 

I definitely support permanent bans.

Exploiters/cheaters must not be tolerated in any way.

So.... f**k him/her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, DE!

I quit a game on Steam I played for over 5k hours, because some players exploited the mechanics and got BILLIONS of credits ... and the studio didn't ban them.

In FTP/PTW games "winning" credits at that level of exploitation -- and no resets -- pointless playing.

There's tons of exploits and bugs that people can profit in games, but knowingly exploiting it to those levels, is game breaking. It would take years of playtime to "catch up" to the cheaters. That's NOT fair.

Quote

but banning some players because they leveled some stuff faster?

That game I played for over 5k hours the studio released a new character that could leap forward. "End-gamers" used it to get to levels they couldn't reach before, as they could SKIP levels, and thus got so much credits. FTP games with "whales" and that was done, yep, game breaking. I left in total disgust. That's a studio that didn't care HOW they made their money, JUST protect their "end-gamers".

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

f. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software, tools or content designed to modify the Software, the Service or the Game experience;

https://www.warframe.com/eula

cheating involves the use of non-standard methods to create an advantage or disadvantage beyond normal gameplay, aka, exploit.  As the others here have stated, it was the combination of the macro plus the exploitation of Khora with venari.  

Edited by Dopekoke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you find a bug you should report it and not make a video about it to get meaningless views on youtube.

 

Here is how I would have done it:

1: if I had encountered this exploit I would have tried to reproduce it to nail down the circumstances but not more than neccessary to be sure. (The more accurate your report is, the faster DE can find and fix it)

2: Write the bugreport. Film it if neccessary (unlisted video)

3: NOT make an instruction how to abuse it for internet fame

Edited by Helch0rn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I lean a bit to the harsh side, but I have absolutely no problem with the punishments given out. Everyone who used this technique knew it was an exploit when they used it. I don’t believe for a single second that anyone who did this could not know it was wrong and still manage the mental resources to actually breathe. 

 

Seeing DE respond as they have increases my respect for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

If you find a bug you should report it and not make a video about it to get meaningless views on youtube.

 

Here is how I would have done it:

1: if I had encountered this exploit I would have tried to reproduce it to nail down the circumstances but not more than neccessary to be sure. (The more accurate your report is, the faster DE can find and fix it)

2: Write the bugreport. Film it if neccessary (unlisted video)

3: NOT make an instruction how to abuse it for internet fame

There's some exploits gamers will use and never report, and is even accepted generally as "fair". One is bypassing trash mobs solely there to slow progress (and have people PAY hundreds of gold a day in repairs). No one reports THOSE exploits, as the penalties aren't worth it. They even make parody videos of the mess TO even get through those runs -- @1:02 was the DEFAULT way to play ZA (I HATED Cata dungeons with a PASSION!)...

BUT, when it comes to the economy and mechanics that designed to skip content FOR more assets that's designed to be the grind, then it becomes a problem. More so when they exploit it to the tune of BILLIONS of currency or allowing them access to levels they couldn't otherwise.

Some exploits gamers out of necessity and SANITY will do (like swimming across that lake to avoid 8 trash mobs, due to certain wildlife in gaming!)... 

WoWScrnshot_071711_044924_960x524_ZGguil

WoWScrnShot_071711_044904.png

I wasn't going to die for that, nope!

It's the game breaking exploits/cheating that needs correction. Not what SAVES games from it's OWN insanity!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Best commentary from reddit:

The problem is the macro. Everyone that got banned knew it as a bug, knew it was an exploit, and still used a macro to exploit the bug even more.

Ban well deserved.

OK. I was going to side with the OP on this, but a macro is literally breaking eula. Eula states somewhere that macros or other external scripts that interfere with the game are bannable. 

So did noob get banned then? I haven't really been following this at all. Didn't even know there was an exploit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Arniox said:

OK. I was going to side with the OP on this, but a macro is literally breaking eula. Eula states somewhere that macros or other external scripts that interfere with the game are bannable. 

So did noob get banned then? I haven't really been following this at all. Didn't even know there was an exploit 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i Dont realy get it .. maby iam an weard person but thats ok 

anyhow

Some keyboard big brand names are supporting macro as an standard feature ..

would devs Ban everyone that useing this feature to make themself easyer to battle ..

or am i wrong .. 

Look at the Logitech G19 .. fully supported with Macro .. its an gamers Keyboard .. the person behind it can't be blamed for something that isn't blocked out in the first place

and No iam not an supporter towards those that have an exploit found an abuse it for there own purpose ( Destroying Fairness against others ) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

i Dont realy get it .. maby iam an weard person but thats ok 

anyhow

Some keyboard big brand names are supporting macro as an standard feature ..

would devs Ban everyone that useing this feature to make themself easyer to battle ..

or am i wrong .. 

Look at the Logitech G19 .. fully supported with Macro .. its an gamers Keyboard .. the person behind it can't be blamed for something that isn't blocked out in the first place

and No iam not an supporter towards those that have an exploit found an abuse it for there own purpose ( Destroying Fairness against others ) 

 

DE's idea seems to be that macros are OK as long as they're not abused. You can macro a Maiming Strike whip, for example, and it makes sense why that's OK: it isn't like you can't do that manually, the macro just simplifies and automates button presses to make the process a little easier.

Something like this, however, seems to go beyond mere automation into full-on enhancement and in order to exploit a bug, and that's where the line is drawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

DE's idea seems to be that macros are OK as long as they're not abused. You can macro a Maiming Strike whip, for example, and it makes sense why that's OK: it isn't like you can't do that manually, the macro just simplifies and automates button presses to make the process a little easier.

Something like this, however, seems to go beyond mere automation into full-on enhancement and in order to exploit a bug, and that's where the line is drawn.

:whew: iam in the save zone then ..

Thank you werry much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

DE's idea seems to be that macros are OK as long as they're not abused. You can macro a Maiming Strike whip, for example, and it makes sense why that's OK: it isn't like you can't do that manually, the macro just simplifies and automates button presses to make the process a little easier.

Something like this, however, seems to go beyond mere automation into full-on enhancement and in order to exploit a bug, and that's where the line is drawn.

 

19 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

i Dont realy get it .. maby iam an weard person but thats ok 

anyhow

Some keyboard big brand names are supporting macro as an standard feature ..

would devs Ban everyone that useing this feature to make themself easyer to battle ..

or am i wrong .. 

Look at the Logitech G19 .. fully supported with Macro .. its an gamers Keyboard .. the person behind it can't be blamed for something that isn't blocked out in the first place

and No iam not an supporter towards those that have an exploit found an abuse it for there own purpose ( Destroying Fairness against others ) 

 

Nono. There's actually two types of macros. Hardware macros like you would find on a mouse or keyboard. The eula can't possibly ban these because not only are they hardware based, so harder to detect but it would also be like banning someone for buying a higher resolution monitor cause they can see more and are thus cheating. Someone buying a keyboard or mouse that has macros can't really be banned unless they ban anyone using thag hardware. 

 But then there are software macros, or scripts. These are what n00b, and alot of others use because they're basically injectors. They're way more powerful and can effectively fully automate a game for you. These are essentially like using a hacking software and are deffinately bannable 

Edited by Arniox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Arniox said:

There's actually two types of macros. Hardware macros like you would find on a mouse

Oh you ment an modified mouse .. like they did on competitions almost AI sort a speak

And Xim .. that they using on ps4 and xbox so far as i know

-- Anyhow the thing is .. i have an Logitech G19 and used in the past Macro becuase my finger burned after an while playing and in that way i could release some of the pressure 

but not with intentions to harm anyone or the system itself

-- Why can't people dont use things in an fair way -- 

these script kiddys i mean .. don't they have an normal life instead making games impossible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Arniox said:

 

Nono. There's actually two types of macros. Hardware macros like you would find on a mouse or keyboard. The eula can't possibly ban these because not only are they hardware based, so harder to detect but it would also be like banning someone for buying a higher resolution monitor cause they can see more and are thus cheating. Someone buying a keyboard or mouse that has macros can't really be banned unless they ban anyone using thag hardware. 

 But then there are software macros, or scripts. These are what n00b, and alot of others use because they're basically injectors. They're way more powerful and can effectively fully automate a game for you. These are essentially like using a hacking software and are deffinately bannable 

The macros that come with Logitech gear are software-based. There isn’t like a mechanical trigger physically punching keys down.

DE has been pretty clear on macros: one button push equals one action.  So a slide attack or bullet jump macro is fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Nono. There's actually two types of macros. Hardware macros like you would find on a mouse or keyboard. The eula can't possibly ban these because not only are they hardware based, so harder to detect but it would also be like banning someone for buying a higher resolution monitor cause they can see more and are thus cheating. Someone buying a keyboard or mouse that has macros can't really be banned unless they ban anyone using thag hardware. 

 But then there are software macros, or scripts. These are what n00b, and alot of others use because they're basically injectors. They're way more powerful and can effectively fully automate a game for you. These are essentially like using a hacking software and are deffinately bannable 

A few points:

1. You can ban for macros based on end results, removing regard for whether it's hardware or software sourced. It'll show in things like .log files or recordings or whatever else.

2. Macros aren't like monitors. Macros, even those bundled with hardware, have to be programmed to do specific things. Monitors always manage their resolution with minimal user input required. You can control macros; you can't control monitors. Not as effectively, at least.

3. Injectors typically alter code, usually on code execution (called such because they inject instructions into a particular application). Macros tend only to simulate user input via the CPU. Scripts are just automated instructions that can implement injectors or injector-like behaviour or behave like macros. So a macro is, usually, a script; injectors are, usually, scripts; but not all scripts are macros, nor are all scripts injectors, nor do all macros use injectors.

4. If you're talking strictly macros, many open-source macros are just as capable as proprietary ones bundled with hardware.

Ultimately, DE focuses on #1. They don't bother drawing a hardware / software distinction and they don't care what you use, just what you do with it. I can tell you that because one of the most common scripting programs, AHK, runs alongside it with no problem. They very much could crack down on macros globally, but if the vast majority of people are using them just to do a harmless little spin-2-win automation and literally anyone could do it, why bother being that restrictive?

Edited by Tyreaus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...