Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

players got banned for exploiting a bug

Sharkgoblin

25 minutes ago, deothor said:

I find it funny how pretty much everyone agrees that exploiters should be punished, yet noone really cares that DE keeps warframe in nevereding BETA phase.

And what has the one to do with the other?
It's DE's game. It's DE's rules. They make them. No one else.
If you go against their rules, you get punished for doing so. This is what you accepted when you made your account.

These people broke the rules by exploiding stuff. They got punished. DE aren't the bad people here. The banned ones are.
If they had just reported the bug, and didn't use it to their advantage, nothing would have happened. But that's not what they did. So punishment well deserved.

Testing the "Beta version" of the game means, that you report bugs to the devs.
The Youtube-partner, who got banned, didn't report S#&$. He used the bug to make a video to further enhance his views.
He used the exploit to get an advantage in the game and make profit from it on Youtube.

He did everything wrong what you could have done wrong...

Edited by WhiteMarker

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Keeping the game in the BETA state has nothing to do with what can be done or not since the game is still a full release at this point. The reason they call it beta is because it isnt feature complete yet and they may change bigger things as they see fit when new ideas pop up.

Or.. Just to have free out of jail card whenever there's criticism.

Maybe DE truly needs 'BETA' tag, but so far they haven't really bothered to polish already made content (and that's what BETA is more or less), instead they just relase new one, piling content on top of other content that all doesn't mesh together.

I've seen far too many developers simply exploiting ALPHA/BETA for their convinience. Games that never bothered to leave BETA untill they died, or... Relased DLCs while in BETA. And all those gullible fools repeating exactly the same arguments over and over and over again "it's alpha/beta so it's fine, it will be better", or "don't judge a game, cause it's only in a/b!!.

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Also being a partner and doing this is shady as #*!%. DE provided him with this opportunity, more or less giving him free advertising,

Tbh I don't know what you are talking about. I heard there are some YTbers who also exploited, thus got affected by ban-hammer. But if I ever watch anything WF-related in YT, it's usually "S#&$posts" with memes or random guides. 

I'd like to mention one thing. Since when was this exploit... working? Was this exploit... fresh? Cause if it was few months-old and they knew about this, then they should have informed us not to use it as anyone would be banned for using the exploit.

It could be that exploiters simply though it's okay to use it cause if it wasn't patched ASAP, then it's not something DE really cares about. There were no signs of them having any opinion on the exploit untill sudden "ALL BANNED" information.

Btw, if we really, but I mean REALLY were to check EULA,then everyone violated it's code at very least several times already. Not knowingly, onbiously, but most of EULAs are made to always have a hook on the player. No matter what you do, at some point you are bound to break it. 

Edited by deothor

Hmmmm.... thats sad.I really enjoyed his content.In my eyes we lost the best Warframe youtuber.

Maybe DE overthink this and give him a huge warning and a last chance.

I would like to watch his videos in the future.

PS : I dont know what he did,maybe someone can explain.

Edited by K0bra

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it seems absolutely reasonable to me that players using macros and/or going out of their way to exploit bugs should receive some form of ban. And those that try to share the exploit with other players should receive a perma-ban. 

But on the other hand, Warframe has had some pretty big bugs in the past. I remember like 4(?) years ago, there was a bug or drop rate issue that made Orokin Cell drops stupidly common in Ceres. At the time, it was well known by pretty much everyone, people were actively telling others to do it, and there was absolutely no kind of rollback or punishment handed out. It took DE a while to fix it, and everyone got to keep the Cells.

This might just be due to my lack of knowledge of past experiences though. I think it's actually kinda neat(and a good thing) how DE switched to a more professional stance on exploits over 4 years. 
Like back then it felt like "Yo, our game is new and has issues, make the most of it, ya scalawags!"
But now it's like "This is an established game, we take pride in it's design and our community."

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

To my knowledge the 2035 date is automatic and I have heard of instances in the past where it has been adjusted based on circumstances.

That said, it was a flagrant exploit and most companies would just straight perma-ban and be done with the discussion when it comes to those.

Generally, DE lets players get away with so much that when bans happen most people are shocked at their severity.

The thing that bothers me (and has for a long time) is that it was a partner that helped popularize the exploit. While they aren't the first to use something completely tacky as program content, this is definitely the worst case of it I have seen.

I realize that the YT Partners are probably one of their largest marketing influencers but it's gotten to an unpleasant place when they begin to exert influence in the game itself as well.

I've been here for 5 years+ now and the bulk of drama associated with this game over those years (certainly for the last 3 years) has come from youtube partners.

40 minutes ago, K0bra said:

Hmmmm.... thats sad.I really enjoyed his content.In my eyes we lost the best Warframe youtuber.

He shouldn't get a special treatment just because he makes videos on youtube.
He did wrong, he gets punished.

48 minutes ago, K0bra said:

There is a glitch if you have a level 5 Khora and are in a location that prevents Vanari you can spam the ability for no energy. 

Get Vanari to de spawns however you have to. 

Casting abilities gives affinity. 

From what I understand those getting banned are using a macro to essential cast the ability super fast. 

This would allow you to bring multiple level 0 weapons and level them to 30 in under a minute. 

It wouldn't be as fast, but you can just set your keybinding to do this with your mouse wheel also. 

Many are saying it was a auto detection ban, but from what I saw he got banned two days later. 

If they unban him they must do so to everyone else. I recommend a rollback system if DE are capable of this. 

No special privilege even if he was a great content creator, promoting sales to PA and a Grand master founder. 

I'm not sure if this glitch is even fixed, and if not it really is on DE. It's a giant compromise. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

While talk goes about macros, what if I use my mouse software (Logitech) to make a macro of bullet jump to one of extra mouse buttons I have (since my finger dies after a lot of bullet jumps), would that be considered as an offense or is it okay since it's not game changing and just personal convenience thingy?

2 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

While talk goes about macros, what if I use my mouse software (Logitech) to make a macro of bullet jump to one of extra mouse buttons I have (since my finger dies after a lot of bullet jumps), would that be considered as an offense or is it okay since it's not game changing and just personal convenience thingy?

Read Page 1 the answer is in there

i know becuase i asked it way before you ( no offense same curriousity)

From my point of view they created macro that can do something that is not possible by human control. A script that send much more imputs that you could normaly do.

This is not someting you do acidently or without knowing its not right. It screems of exploit.

Ban well deserved.

4 hours ago, Johnprofit said:

He even mentions they could get banned for doing it. So it's not like he's going in blind.

Well then, that changes things. I haven't watched that video, so I assumed they just showed how to do the exploit without remembering that exploiting is bannable.

If the maker of the video (and thus anyone influenced by it) was aware of the violation then yeah, perma-bans fully deserved.

11 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

IMO it would have been appropriate to implement a one-time shortened ban (e.g., 3 months) with a stern warning reminding everyone about exploits and the EULA.

This I don't mind. Obviously, people that are dumb enough to think "Erm...well - a youtuber did so it must be ok" should be taught a lesson but given a chance.

After all, this is affinity we're talking about and nothing too dramatic. 

Still, Noob needs to be made an example of to get the point across that behavior like that is NOT acceptable. This is an arguably vet-level player who intentionally exploited a system for their own benefit and then went on Youtube to boast about it / share the info for extra internet points.

Violate the rules, get kicked out of the club.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Since i have seen founders receive bans when doing things that aren't allowed, i'm not suprised a partner receiving a ban, afterall the rulçes are for everyone, many founders believed they were imune to bans and warns, a warn for afk, they never really tought it would happen.

This exploit is no different than a player entering a mission and then getting the final reward, the player only entered the mission but didn't do anything besides that.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, deothor said:

Noone really cares that DE keeps warframe in nevereding BETA phase.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

If the maker of the video (and thus anyone influenced by it) was aware of the violation then yeah, perma-bans fully deserved.

Absolutely.

Play stupid games, win awful prizes.

Edited by MirageKnight

2 hours ago, K0bra said:

That would lead up to a situation where some players receive ban immunity because they pay or because they make content in youtube.

Moderators in warframe are also obligated to follow the rules, there is a reason for that

So no, they should not do that as that would open a can of worms, one that you will not have to deal with because you're just a player

If you exploit a bug, cheat or otherwise circumvent limits of the game for personal gain, you're gonna get permanently banned. No ifs, no buts, just a hard ban.

Had they did it once (or twice to verify it could be done) and then reported it to support with a support ticket to raise awareness of the bug to DE, then things would have played out very differently and they would not have been banned for violating the EULA. Instead, they repeatedly abused a bug for personal gain, designed a way to abuse it even more, then publicly announced how others could abuse it

Remember Tenno, if you find a bug that can be exploited, report it to DE so it can be patched. Do not exploit it for personal gain and do not share the exploit publicly.