Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime + primed melee?

(XBOX)KayAitch

Mesa Prime looks awesome, but it's weird she's coming with a primed melee weapon - I mean, it's an awesome looking upgrade to an ace weapon, but also one she can't equip without losing her passive.

Surely a prime set should have some synergy? Either remove the melee restriction from her passive or exclude gunblades from counting as melee weapons.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Surely a prime set should have some synergy

In short, no. Why should it.

Does Limbo have particular synergy with the Pyrana? No. Does Zephyr have particular synergy with the Kronen? No. Does Trinity have a particular synergy with Kubrows? No. Does Volt have a particular synergy with the Odonata Prime? No. Does Mesa have a particular synergy with a gunblade? No.

If those 50 health are somehow really important for you, just don't equip melee on Mesa Prime. There's still dozens frames that can equip that gunblade and look fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

In short, no. Why should it.

Does Limbo have particular synergy with the Pyrana? No. Does Zephyr have particular synergy with the Kronen? No. Does Trinity have a particular synergy with Kubrows? No. Does Volt have a particular synergy with the Odonata Prime? No. Does Mesa have a particular synergy with a gunblade? No.

If those 50 health are somehow really important for you, just don't equip melee on Mesa Prime. There's still dozens frames that can equip that gunblade and look fantastic.

WORD^

15 minutes ago, Mifune013 said:

Would be nice if she had a passive for using Gunblades. Maybe make it so she can fire the shots at a longer range or have a faster charged speed.

That honestly sounds amazing, and something that would make her passive more attractive. Right now imo i hardly notice her passive (but thats not the reason i use her anyway)

I didn't know people cared about the 50 health ... Mesa wasn't made to be a tank anyway and uses Shatter Shield to keep herself alive, not her HP bar...

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

I didn't know people cared about the 50 health ... Mesa wasn't made to be a tank anyway and uses Shatter Shield to keep herself alive, not her HP bar...

this.... very much so this. Especially if you throw adaptation on her she hardly needs any hp or form of vitality

20 hours ago, Airikr said:

technically she loses only part of the passive.
And really technically it's just a bonus so super technically you dont "lose" anything at all.

in my opinion it still fits her because it's a gunblade. And i like gunblades. And more gunblades is always nice

Yes, my point is much more that it's a lame passive that needs a rethink rather than she shouldn't come with the Redeemer Prime, it looks awesome (as I might have mentioned).

20 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Does Limbo have particular synergy with the Pyrana?

Yeah, and Destreza Prime sort of goes with his whole magic gentleman theme.

Does Zephyr have particular synergy with the Kronen?

A spinny blade for a frame with mostly flying attacks? Yeah, that's a good fit too.

Volt have a particular synergy with the Odonata Prime

You got me there, but that's an age thing with the older prime offerings.

Does Mesa have a particular synergy with a gunblade?

Agreed, but this is the first time the weapon+frame combo has had a downside (even of a small one). 

I'm guessing the next prime sentinel will come with Titania (who can't use them 90% of the time).

If those 50 health are somehow really important for you, just don't equip melee on Mesa Prime.

Not really, I usually find the utility of a melee when need it outweighs the measly 50hp. If it were pre-mods that would be different. It's the only rubbish part of Mesa's loadout, and the prime gunblade just illustrates that it's kind of something DE have just forgotten about.

20 hours ago, (PS4)vortex2917 said:

I thought passives were just gimmicks that were tacked on just because

Some are, some are useful, some key to how the frame works, and some are utterly useless.

The ones that really fit with how the frame plays, like Nidus, are the most fun to play.

Mesa's is a bit meh, secondary weapon perks are nice but kind of the wrong way round: dual weapons get more fire rate/clip by default at the cost of double reload time, they need faster reload not more rate, and single pistols mostly need more rate, not reload. No melee for 50hp is a very poor trade - 50% health might work.