Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Staticor Buff Was Totally Uncalled For

(PSN)LoisGordils

Title says it all. A perfectly viable weapon was turned into Synoid Simulor 2.0:

1. Range is ridiculous

2. Charge fire is rendered meaningless

3. Damage dealt for effort invested is quite off

4. No aim required 

Undo the range buff, it was unnecessary. 

And before any of you state it, YES! It's a PvE game. So, what? The fun comes from killing enemies. If there is nothing to kill, what fun are we having?

I can agree it wasn't necessary. But Staticor doesn't stand out compared to the damage potential that already exists. You're not going to fix power scaling for the entire game by un-buffing a single weapon.

Also, what if Staticor buff is an experiment to see how players might react to the absurd self-damage being taken away from several explosive weapons, or Simulor being unruined?

If you think that the staticor isn't OP, then you clearly do not know how to build it or don't have a riven for it which makes it even more absurd. It is probably the most effective gun to wipe the map, even at 'high' levels such as arbitrations, which is why it is used so much now.

Edited by lolmetimbers

59 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I can agree it wasn't necessary. But Staticor doesn't stand out compared to the damage potential that already exists. You're not going to fix power scaling for the entire game by un-buffing a single weapon.

Also, what if Staticor buff is an experiment to see how players might react to the absurd self-damage being taken away from several explosive weapons, or Simulor being unruined?

I have over 200k worth of rivens, staticor is probably the only weapon that compares to top tier weapons with the best rivens without a riven itself and that was before it could do it in a 8m range.

It was completely uncalled for.

1 hour ago, lolmetimbers said:

If you think that the staticor isn't OP, then you clearly do not know how to build it or don't have a riven for it which makes it even more absurd. It is probably the most effective gun to wipe the map, even at 'high' levels such as arbitrations, which is why it is used so much now.

It has a very low 1/5 Riven Disposition, with statistical 0.53 percentile multiplier to boost the stats on the Riven. So please, inform us what stats it can achieve to make it that much more absurd.

It’s a good secondary, even without a Riven. But for the nature of how I usually play the game, I usually default to other Secondaries like the Atomos or the Synoid Gammacor.

My staticor is surely hits hard as a truck but you know what does the same faster?

Volt with almost any long melee weapons.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

It has a very low 1/5 Riven Disposition, with statistical 0.53 percentile multiplier to boost the stats on the Riven. So please, inform us what stats it can achieve to make it that much more absurd.

It’s a good secondary, even without a Riven. But for the nature of how I usually play the game, I usually default to other Secondaries like the Atomos or the Synoid Gammacor.

Projectile speed with extra damage or multishot + neg. It covers the weakness of the staticor that is flight speed. Extra damage is just icing on the cake. Staticor is basically god tier atm, even with low disposition it is miles ahead of Atomos/Synoid Gammacor and even kitguns when it comes to map clearing speed. It has damage, large 8m aoe which also means incredible CC, no self damage, great ammo economy and most notably it doesn't require skill to kill things. It is equivalent to khora whipclaw clearing speed for most content the game throws at you but can be used on any frame and it even melts arbitration drones.

37 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

My staticor is surely hits hard as a truck but you know what does the same faster?

effective gun to wipe the map.

Plently of ways/frames/abilities beat volt btw. That doesn't mean the staticor or those methods are any less balanced though.

Edited by lolmetimbers

4 minutes ago, lolmetimbers said:

Projectile speed and damage/multishot. It covers the weakness of the staticor that is low range. Extra damage is just icing on the cake. Staticor is basically god tier atm, even with low disposition it is miles ahead of Atomos/Synoid Gammacor and even kitguns when it comes to map clearing speed. It has damage, CC, large aoe, ammo economy, doesn't require skill with aiming and no self damage.

Ok, let’s break it down.

Staticor has extremely low Fire Rate. I’m very uncomfortable with the guns performance unless I’m using both Anemic Agility and Lethal Torrent. So imho, achieving around +150% Fire Rate is almost a requirement in my hands. I agree with Projectile Speed, as that will most certainly boost the weapon’s performance without wasting a mod slot to put in Lethal Momentum.

So with your claims of Projectile Flightspeed and Damage/Multishot, with the Primed Crit Mods, Elemental Combo, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, etc., we might be able to replace Lethal Torrent with the Riven, or an elemental slot. I still feel Anemic Agility is a required slot, but in the end I believe it’s a QoL mod that is based on the user’s preference.

So let’s get 4 images to show the three possible range of stats to showcase anything beneficial for the Staticor, with the possibility of replacing a mod with the limited 8 slots we have.

2 Buffs only:

drUEYnY.jpg

3 Buffs only:

ooY4xkV.jpg

2 Buffs 1 Curse:

i27EHj3.jpg

And finally 3 Buffs 1 Curse:

9DXIiOc.jpg

Imho, with 2 Buffs 1 Curse you can replace Lethal Torrent with the Multishot value with Projectile Speed. It’s manageable, but again would hamper my own preference on what I want for Fire Rate. The most optimal stats to achieve would be 2 Buffs 1 Curse to have the possibility of replacing an existing stat, but as you can plainly see all of the stats showcased with a 0.53 Dosposition on the Staticor is barebones underwhelming. Especially the Damage, Elemental Damage, and Crit stats.

Tbqh, if you’re a player like me that likes the feel of +150% Fire Rate on the Staticor, it’s better to opt out with a build without a Riven. Otherwise, we’d have to slave over an RNG roll that could replace Lethal Torrent with the Multishot stat that’s above 60% if we’re lucky, a  Fire Rate stat below 60%, and Projectile Flight Speed (whatever the amount). It’s not worth it, bud.

The only thing that needs changing is having the larger aoe radius apply to fully charged shots only and not to uncharged shots. The buff to charged shots was a -good- buff that should remain, they just unintentionally applied it to uncharged shots as well. If you are willing to charge the thing that long, it SHOULD have a larger AOE.

If it is a dual stat riven with neg, having 65%+ flight speed and 158+ damage/86+ Multishot boosts the performance a lot - especially as it replaces the basic 40% projectile speed mod. Staticor is built better without the primed crit mods imo so I dunno wth is up with your builds especially as you add Anemic Agility into the mix. You built it wrong.

Edited by lolmetimbers

I remember hearing that there was some exploit that nuked the map involving the way the explosion radius scaled with charging, and the change was to combat that.  That's about the extent of my knowledge on that subject, though.

Even taken on its own and disregarding how it compares to other secondaries it has the issue of the Charge shot not being worth doing.  Charged shots deal more damage, but not quite that much more and it has terrible ammo economy.  Five normal shots travel faster, cause more status effects, aren't lost when touching an enemy midway through, and are easier to do, not to mention would deal enough damage that most foes would be dead anyway.

2 hours ago, lolmetimbers said:

Staticor is built better without the primed crit mods imo so I dunno wth is up with your builds especially as you add Anemic Agility into the mix. You built it wrong.

Different strokes for different folks when it comes to the Fire Rate, as I mentioned in the post. But from my perspective without achieving close to +150% Fire Rate with modding the Staticor is a snail when firing.

And building it wrong? 🤔 With 14% Crit Chance with a 2.2x Crit Multiplier, along with other means to increase the critical chance at a flat rate with Arcane Avenger, Adarza, Harrow, etc., you’re saying building the Staticor without Primed Crit mods is the better alternative?

... Hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.

edit: Also note that since the Staticor shoots single slugs per projectile shot, it’s not considered a pellet-based firearm. Increasing the fire-rate for weapons like this inherently increases the amount of instances with stat-proc’ing and applying damage. Why Anemic Agility is a “wrong build choice” is an odd consideration by how much it can benefit weapons like the Staticor.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Different strokes for different folks when it comes to the Fire Rate, as I mentioned in the post. But from my perspective without achieving close to +150% Fire Rate with modding the Staticor is a slug when firing.

And building it wrong? 🤔 With 14% Crit Chance with a 2.2x Crit Multiplier, along with other means to increase the critical chance at a flat rate with Arcane Avenger, Adarza, Harrow, etc., you’re saying building the Staticor without Primed Crit mods is the better alternative?

... Hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.

You're being too kind. He simply doesn't know how to build which is made evident by his claims of how a Riven can make it more absurdly op.

It cannot both because of how lethal torrent is mandatory on it (and not so much on other secondaries) and because of low riven disposition.

The best bet would be dmg, multishot an toxin to replace my 90% elemental or dmg multi fire rate to replace your anemic agility.

A 10% base CC secondry is a crit weapon. it's as simple as that and mathematically proven, semantics and taste don't bend to exact sciences.

With all that out of the way, we can all agree that the range was uncalled for.

Tbh, I’m fine with the range buff on the Staticor. Uncalled for, sure, but to some peeps it’s a blessing in disguise whereas a damper to some peeps. It technically is a direct buff to the weapon, so with all due respect I just let peeps enjoy it (while it lasts). It would be nice to see the charged shot get a buff to its range, or maybe an increase to the base charge rate / increase to the Fire Rate for QoL purposes.

In the end, though, I would only use it for Syndicate medallion hunting. The Staticor, for its great utility and dps, isn’t the gun for me. I’d rather use something else.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

The projectile speed of Staticor is a pretty heavy off-set and that alone makes it more difficult than other weapons to balance.

It's very difficult to hit any flying unit from decent range. It's also impractical to land head-shots outside near melee range hence you shoot at everything's foot. I've used Staticor since it's release. It's always been a good weapon for endurance runs. Less so for normal play. An increase to the base AoE is welcome IMO but... if you read that patch notes where it was updated. It says " Increased Staticor's charged shot AoE size from 2m to 8m and is no longer affected by charge level. " 

Normal shot AoE increase is likely unintended but the charge shot of this weapon was and still would be near useless with the increased charge AoE. The power of Staticor is in it's ability to rapidly produce status procs. Not to mention you simply do more damage by rapidly shooting it. In the time to takes to charge for a base 176 Damage shot you can pump out 5.6 normal shots for 492 Damage. It's just a waste of time to charge the weapon esp when the Projectile speed is even slower for charged shots.

i use the staticor often now but not for combat purposes most of the time. i use it as a hassle free way to destroy annoyances like corpus security cams and the 100s of supply crates/chests littering the level in search of amber stars. i used the telos boltace for the same reason before it was ruined.

That being said i do use it for combat when i feel its warranted (swarms of enemies at a console in interception that that aren't being stopped or enemies trapped in walls during a fissure run which happens quite often)

if/when it finnaly gets nerfed ill likely throw it in the closet and never use it again unless it gets some decent changes along with the nerf (like faster charge time)

4 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

-snip

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

-snip

I'll say it again. You built it wrong. You can harp on about theorycrafting but when you include rivens into the mix it is a completely different story, especially if you understand how damage types work. +Flight speed is a no brainer on a riven, that stat alone makes up for it's major weakness. Damage/Multishot as a secondary stat is great overall however a toxin roll+crit mods can indeed be best in slot on certain builds so these two combined make it absurd i.e making a incredibly strong weapon even stronger. Ignoring it's other strengths, just the 8m aoe buff that goes through walls alone makes it OP btw - it's the new FOTM for an obvious and good reason.

Staticor is completely fine with just Lethal Torrent btw but if you get it fire rate as a 2nd/3rd roll it is also nice. However, I will consider that maybe cos you are on console you cannot achieve an acceptable fire rate because you cannot use a macro/bind fire to scroll wheel and have to mash the fire button with your poor fingers. Without one it probably makes it feel like a 'snail'. This alone means your build is less optimal compared to PC version I guess.

Edited by lolmetimbers

Also the comparison to SImulor is interesting.

Simulor got an undeserved "rework" due to it's interaction with Mirage. If anyone has tried to use this weapon at very high levels then you also know the weapon dropped off a cliff in terms of scaling due to how it bounced enemies away from the point of AoE. There's a reason you wouldn't see any endurance runners using Simulor.

Staticor until recently was almost the opposite. Being decent under lvl 150 but scaling amazingly at higher levels. This is mostly in part to our ability to scale damage with buffs to massive heights but not status. Level range means a lot when it comes to how powerful a player perceives a weapon to be.

Personally I would go for a happy medium. The base shots 2m > 3m AoE. The Charge shot stays 8m but increase base damage to about 350 and increase Charged Projectile speed. The Charge shot could also due with a different Sound FX on the shot itself and the explosion.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

The base shots 2m > 3m AoE. The Charge shot stays 8m but increase base damage to about 350 and increase Charged Projectile speed. 

Agreed that around 3m~ AoE is best. Having base 8m AoE on uncharged shots is in itself absurd. Charged shot could have a buff to crit stats to make it worth using perhaps.

Il y a 5 heures, Vox_Preliator a dit :

I remember hearing that there was some exploit that nuked the map involving the way the explosion radius scaled with charging, and the change was to combat that.  That's about the extent of my knowledge on that subject, though.

It would be multiplied by the Madurai void strike dmg multiplier leading to some pretty absurd BS. 

5 minutes ago, lolmetimbers said:

Agreed that around 3m~ AoE is best. Having base 8m AoE on uncharged shots is in itself absurd. Charged shot could have a buff to crit stats to make it worth using perhaps.

Crit could work. Same result.

I've always used Staticor built for Crit even before the balance pass and now it's even more obviously a Crit weapon.

I think they were intending to get players to use the Charged shot more but just increasing the AoE isn't going to do the trick, esp when the Charged Projectile is slower than the normal shots. This is esp true for those who macro shoot the weapon as it's one of those where it's just about impossible to get full fire-rate manually.