Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura/Stance mods for Pets

Grave.Knight

Pets just don't have enough points to equip mods without heavy use of Forma. Even with 4 added Formas on my Helminth Charger, I still need more. We need something like Aura and Stance mods for our pets that just give us some extra points to work with. Not sure what these mods should do just that we need more points.

I've gone through my fair share of forma I think with pets, well Kavats. Kubrows aren't worth the forma to me. I wanted to say around 15-20 forma. Mainly because my first Smeeta Kavat was ugly and when I got a better one I had to put another 7 forma into the new one (will need 1 one more if I can max out the current mods). During the leveling process, it does suck a little but once it's done it was all worth it. 

I wouldn't want an aura or stance mod though for my pets.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Why? There has to be a reason to just slap more points onto them. The whole point of Forma is to make it easier to slot heavier mods into a build.

Cause for every Forma you put on the less versatile it becomes. Might as well not have loadouts B and C. So either pets just need more points overall, and raising it so pets go up to Rank 40 wouldn't be such a bad idea, or they need the equivalent of an Aura mod to ease the burden of the heavy point cost. My build shouldn't require every slot except one to have a polarity.

12 hours ago, Mifune013 said:

Cause for every Forma you put on the less versatile it becomes.

That is the idea, yes.

Might as well not have loadouts B and C.

There are suggestions from the community to have them be Forma'd separately. That actually addresses the issue without the power creep you suggest.

So either pets just need more points overall, and raising it so pets go up to Rank 40 wouldn't be such a bad idea, or they need the equivalent of an Aura mod to ease the burden of the heavy point cost.

Those are not the only two choices. Equipment going to 40/80 with a potato has been done once, for a special weapon. There is no call for it to be raised essentially "just because" or because you can't fit the build you want. Maybe don't use a build that requires so many Forma if you don't want to use them.