Jump to content

Nezha Chakram usable when no other melee equipped?


Xepthrichros
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am suggesting no change to blazing chakram, He keeps the ability exactly as he does right now.

But I think it might be nice to wield his Chakram like a throwable melee / glaive weapon if you have no other melee weapon equipped, similar to Garuda. The chakram is such a prominent aspect of his looks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Except there is no melee weapon or chakram stance. Gotta wait and see if DE makes a chakram weapon which is highly unlikely or possible by a stroke luck if the demand becomes higher for it.

We have glaives, which are sci-fi versions of Chakrams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-12-10 at 11:49 PM, PoisonHD said:

We have glaives, which are sci-fi versions of Chakrams.

Except for glaives =/= Nezha's chakram. One is literally a one-handed weapon that has a compact form that can fit under your arm. Is a big ring blade that cannot be wielded like a small glaive. Like what @(XB1)NeonLights9212 said it's the same weapon as the ring blade tira uses in soul calibur albeit smaller. 

Do you really expect to see Nezha's ring being performed with glaive combos when it is inherently much bigger than the glaive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Except for glaives =/= Nezha's chakram. One is literally a one-handed weapon that has a compact form that can fit under your arm. Is a big ring blade that cannot be wielded like a small glaive. Like what @(XB1)NeonLights9212 said it's the same weapon as the ring blade tira uses in soul calibur albeit smaller. 

Do you really expect to see Nezha's ring being performed with glaive combos when it is inherently much bigger than the glaive.

It's a magic ring, I think they can figure out a way to make it expand and contract similar to how glaive weapons are "sheathed".

Anyway, just came back from a mission with Nezha and Falcor as melee. And I did a rough non-scientific estimate of the size difference of the Falcor and his Chakram. It's not that big of a difference to me. 

Also, they can give Nezha a slightly different animation while wielding chakram as throwable melee. In idle, it can sit on his back, when you press E, the chakram then swings around him similar to Falcor, with some degree of "fiery telekinetic" manipulation. And when you press block. the chakram moves from behind his back to the front of him to block, in another "fiery telekinetic" manner.

But again, since the size difference isn't that huge, he can more or less wield it in his hand like Falcor. Not a physical hand grip, but a "fiery telekinetic" grip around the weapon.

Edited by Xepthrichros
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have any issue with it, honestly. I was definitely against changing the ability to an "exalted weapon", but now with Garuda setting a new potential I don't have any issue with adding it this way. This adds and doesn't take away. Although I personally actually would like to see a separate melee class developed for the chakram/ring weapons as it feels like its different from a glaive to me.
I mostly don't see any reason not to now that Garuda has proved its possible and is just a nice cool option.
 

Spoiler

Okay there maybe is a slight issue, which would be the rabbit hole opening up. Could Atlas end up with something? Especially with what melee rework rabbit holes may open, Excal having a "non-exalted" blade? Valkyr "non-exalted" Talons? Gara's glass blade (lance? polearm? halberd? Guandao?)? I know that's stretching the idea pretty far, but y'know, being a rabbit hole and all. And then what about all the frames that have no built in weapon? They kind of have a disadvantage in a way vs. the others. Kinda, really niche scenarios. And then there's Mesa's regulators... Archwing weapons outside Archwing mode is coming so Titania? Yeah lots of rabbit holes.

Anyway Nezha could just get it and none of the others would and that also wouldn't bother me. I do like the ideas that spring to mind though, fun to think about at least.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

It's a magic ring, I think they can figure out a way to make it expand and contract similar to how glaive weapons are "sheathed".

Anyway, just came back from a mission with Nezha and Falcor as melee. And I did a rough non-scientific estimate of the size difference of the Falcor and his Chakram. It's not that big of a difference to me. 

Also, they can give Nezha a slightly different animation while wielding chakram as throwable melee. In idle, it can sit on his back, when you press E, the chakram then swings around him similar to Falcor, with some degree of "fiery telekinetic" manipulation. And when you press block. the chakram moves from behind his back to the front of him to block, in another "fiery telekinetic" manner.

But again, since the size difference isn't that huge, he can more or less wield it in his hand like Falcor. Not a physical hand grip, but a "fiery telekinetic" grip around the weapon.

So then it just goes back to what I said before in my first post.

On 2018-12-10 at 11:44 PM, ShadowExodus said:

Except there is no melee weapon or chakram stance . Gotta wait and see if DE makes a chakram weapon which is highly unlikely or possible by a stroke luck if the demand becomes higher for it.

1

The bolded part pertains to you idea of changing the animations. Because unless it's exalted it's not getting it's own melee stance. 

Edited by ShadowExodus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...