Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get more mods that help with sentinel survival?

Graive

I love bringing sentinels to mission, especially now with the Synth set's release, but due to most abilities not affecting mods most intermediate too high level content immediately kills them. This is especially apparent when switching to spoiler mode, since enemy targeting of the sentinel doesn't seem to turn off. There are currently very few, extremely inefficient methods to replenish sentinel health. Can we get a mod similar to Pack Leader for sentinels to increase their survival?

Edited by Graive
mispells

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Be Gara give them 90% damage reduction. 

But no really they can't survive crap without specific Warframes providing excessive buffs/healing.

They should also activate sanctuary if equipt, while using sacrifice, lol otherwise it's just a "hey kill me now that I'm the only target" Mod

That's the exact problem. They have no fighting chance when not using a small list of specific frames. The list recently got smaller because Nezha's safeguard doesn't work on them anymore. I'm all for being strategic and creating specific load-outs to accommodate for their overall weakness's, but right now they instantly die because their equip options are very limited, made worse considering the most armor any sentinel has is 150 + 165 (Metal Fiber) + 900 (Maxed synth deconstruct  stack; a buff which lasts infrequently). This would have been ok before, but now with arbitration and sanctuary missions it's mediocre if not sad.

9 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

Replenishing health is not a particularly useful safeguard against instant death though.

I definitely agree, replenishing health isn't amazing, but it's the low hanging fruit since the mod already exists for pets and would just be a copy paste. Additional survival considerations like most abilities carrying over, spoiler mode stealthing sentinels, and small invulnerability frames (similar to rolling guard) would help a lot.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

How about a mod that protects them by deflecting projectiles?  Call it reactive armour or something idk

I could see that being good if it was active for a short period having a very short cool down, and actually reflecting attacks while protecting the sentinel (some mods we currently have reflect damage but still allow inflicted damage to hit the player, I'd want to avoid this).

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'd be happy with a mod that allows Sentinel to revive itself after complete destruction (with a cooldown). I'd be even more happy if Vacuum mechanics applied to warframes and operators instead of pets.

I thought vacuum does apply to Warframes now, or did you mean without the pet mod?

I agree on the revive itself mod, if there was a greater limit than 3 (eg. primed regen).

Edited by Graive
Needed a full reply.

6 minutes ago, Graive said:

That's the exact problem. They have no fighting chance when not using a small list of specific frames. The list recently got smaller because Nezha's safeguard doesn't work on them anymore. I'm all for being strategic and creating specific load-outs to accommodate for their overall weakness's, but right now they instantly die because their equip options are very limited, made worse considering the most armor any sentinel has is 150 + 165 (Metal Fiber) + 900 (Maxed synth deconstruct  stack; a buff which lasts infrequently). This would have been ok before, but now with arbitration and sanctuary missions it's mediocre if not sad.

Yep and with all this said, I bet being able to apply every max rank sentinel mod to them at once still wouldn't provide enough survivability. 

Typically, they do survive a lot longer if you don't equip a weapon on them.

On the matter of their ability to survive (or the lack of actually), they are in a similar case with the companions. Neither does a good job at keeping themselves alive.

To be honest, at this point I am tempted to suggest that any buffs (damage reductions eg mesa's shatter shield, armor eg iron skin, invulnerability eg hysteria) applied to the player is automatically applied to their companion / sentinel. It would probably solve most issues but I honestly don't think its a good idea

Just now, Graive said:

I thought vacuum does apply to Warframes now, or did you mean without the pet mod?

Yeah, I meant independent 11.5m Vacuum for frames and operators. We already have one but with a very small range (about 3m).

1 minute ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

To be honest, at this point I am tempted to suggest that any buffs (damage reductions eg mesa's shatter shield, armor eg iron skin, invulnerability eg hysteria) applied to the player is automatically applied to their companion / sentinel. It would probably solve most issues but I honestly don't think its a good idea

I agree with you there, it'd be nice but I'm not sure how they'd balance it tbh. That's the main reason I've tried and limited my suggestion to mods, it's a start that might prove fruitful  for the "harder" missions that are currently available to players.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Yeah, I meant independent 11.5m Vacuum for frames and operators. We already have one but with a very small range (about 3m).

As long as there's some kind of toggle somewhere (options menu or having it as a mod), I agree.

1 minute ago, Sesaline said:

would be nice to have a way to revive companions in missions. collect x amount of some resource that shows up after your pet dies or something, for instance.

I'd love this! Would give me incentive to do other things mid mission. Although I could see them making the resource requirement too high and therefore pointless.

17 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'd be happy with a mod that allows Sentinel to revive itself after complete destruction (with a cooldown). I'd be even more happy if Vacuum mechanics applied to warframes and operators instead of pets.

Dijin has a mod to revive itself, but it's still in poor taste if it died once, the mission is only getting harder from this point. 

Which is why sacrifice, a mod that allows the sentinel to revive you, killing it's self in the process is terrible, if your down and in the open it will certainly get killed before reviving you. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

Just now, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Dijin has a mod to revive itself, but it's still in poor taste if it died once, the mission is only getting harder from this point. 

Which is why sacrifice, a mod that allows the sentinel to revive you, killing it's fine the process is terrible, if your down and in the open it will certainly get killed before reviving you. 

Yeah, I have both Djinn and the sacrifice mod... still isn't enough for even sortie difficulty. I can survive but my companion is long gone and it's pretty much beyond my control

I guess were to the point should their survivability should get reworked entirely. 

Or

They become unkillable and completely for utility. 

If the second option. Other companions still need good utility and great dps to counter their clear set it and forget it builds. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

I guess were to the point should their survivability should get reworked entirely. 

Or

They become unkillable and completely for utility. 

I'm ok with them being reworked, but I do like them being killable. I just don't want them to explode when enemies sneeze at them.

3 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I'd be even more happy if Vacuum mechanics applied to warframes and operators instead of pets.

I'm honestly upset they added "Fetch".
I'd rather they just remove Vacuum & Fetch & give Warframes the passive pick up radius of the mods at max rank. Just be done with it. It's a HUGE QoL improvement.
Being able to pick up loot does ZERO harm to the game.
I seriously do not understand why DE is so stubborn & dead set with Vacuum & Fetch being mods.

On 2018-12-11 at 1:43 AM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm honestly upset they added "Fetch".
I'd rather they just remove Vacuum & Fetch & give Warframes the passive pick up radius of the mods at max rank. Just be done with it. It's a HUGE QoL improvement.
Being able to pick up loot does ZERO harm to the game.
I seriously do not understand why DE is so stubborn & dead set with Vacuum & Fetch being mods.

Sorry I actually disagree with this opinion. I'm happy they added fetch, I do think vacuum is a good addition, but I also think having it intrinsic is a bad idea for 2 specific reasons. 1. there are some builds i don't want vacuum on to space out energy pickups (especially builds using energy conversion) and 2. I feel like new players need to learn the risk/reward of picking up items in game. Learning to roll to reduce damage, move fast to reduce enemy accuracy, and discover/use warframe invulnerability frames are all a byproduct of this risk/reward system which would be easily bypassed by the combination of abilities and vacuum. By making it a choice which players work towards (in the form of a mod) the devs avoid these 2 issues. Just my opinion tho.