Orokin reactor, which frame to use it on?

SirSwedeManIan

Question

So, as a gift from the lotus I received an alert with the reward of an orokin reactor blueprint. I've crafted it and now I'm not sure on which frame and companion to put it on.

As for frames, I've got: Volt, Trinity prime, Ash prime, Frost, Limbo, and Valkyr. I was thinking Limbo because his kind of my favorite right now, but i thought it would best to ask more experienced players. 

As for companions I only have the Taxon, Artax and the regular kubrow.

I've only got the odonata and the other weapons that come with it.

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, SirSwedeManIan said:

So, as a gift from the lotus I received an alert with the reward of an orokin reactor blueprint. I've crafted it and now I'm not sure on which frame and companion to put it on.

As for frames, I've got: Volt, Trinity prime, Ash prime, Frost, Limbo, and Valkyr. I was thinking Limbo because his kind of my favorite right now, but i thought it would best to ask more experienced players. 

As for companions I only have the Taxon, Artax and the regular kubrow.

I've only got the odonata and the other weapons that come with it.

Thanks in advance!

My rule of thumb is if there is a prime variant or your close to getting (goes for both warframes and weapons) it to always potato that.  Prime variants are almost always better than the NQ edition.

However if your really enjoying something then go for it.  I potatoed a lot of non-prime variants (Atlas, inaros etc.) because I knew a prime variant was a long way away.

Trinity Prime, Ash Prime and Taxon are the only ones you have, that don't have an upgrade (Prime, Wraith/Vandal versions), so the standard min/maxing answer would be one of those three. However, a better question would be "Which one do I enjoy using the most?" Reactors, catalysts and forma are relatively easy to acquire.

I suppose if you obtained Trinity Prime from the Twitch Prime drop it will come with Reactor Installed, 
so next best it Ash Prime.

Prime usually is the priority, but go for your favorite/ most used warframe before anything else, 
a frame which you use for most of the missions.

Companion and kubrows wait until you have enough spare to use on them, 

as for archwing unless you planning to solo J3 Golem there is not need to use orokin reactor.