Still waiting for primed Tenno classic weapons

ligonare

I am glad to see that prime access continues to see new worthy additions to the tenno arsenal. However, some legacy weapons seems to be neglected. I don't suppose you have a roulette stationed in the Dev team that decides on the new prime access weapons?

We have the staple tenno classic weapons that has (so far) never been vaulted. But, I believe it is high time we heard some news about due tenno weapons that have yet to be primed.

• Strun
  • Furis (Akfuris)
  • Kestral
  • Dual zoren

The Furis Prime probably won't happen unless they 1: make it unable to equip that one Syndicate augment that gives it constant lifesteal, 2: skip the Furis entirely and go straight for the Akfuris Prime, or 3: make the Furis Prime's stats somewhat lackluster in comparison to other Prime secondaries to compensate for the augment mod's usefulness.

We ARE missing a Primed Shottie.

Strun Prime would be a welcome addition with Equinox Prime. It'd probably be a Crit-based one though, given that the Wraith exists as the Status version.

Also I can imagine them giving the Dual Zoren Priem a passive where it gives players a large speed/parkour boost on jump attack as a reference to them being one of go-to copter weapons.

13 hours ago, ligonare said:
  • Strun
  • Furis (Akfuris)
  • Kestral
  • Dual zoren

Strun and Afuris (not Akfuris) have upgraded versions (Strun Wraith and Dex Furis, respectively). Unless it's just about aesthetics, I'm not sure why they need to be Primed. Dual Zoren Prime would be cool, but we have a lot of dual swords already. I'm all in support of a Kestrel Prime though.

13 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Other than Strun. kind of a weak fanbase to offer them in a access. I could see them as Baro offered relics though.

Pair them with something cool, like Equinox Prime.

12 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

The Furis Prime probably won't happen unless they 1: make it unable to equip that one Syndicate augment that gives it constant lifesteal, 2: skip the Furis entirely and go straight for the Akfuris Prime, or 3: make the Furis Prime's stats somewhat lackluster in comparison to other Prime secondaries to compensate for the augment mod's usefulness.

DE doesn't really shy away from using Prime Access to put in a crazy amount of power creep. Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime (surpassed by Gram Prime), Tiberon Prime… the augment isn't going to stop them.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Also I can imagine them giving the Dual Zoren Priem a passive where it gives players a large speed/parkour boost on jump attack as a reference to them being one of go-to copter weapons.

That would be such a cool callback.

7 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Why would they remove the mod?

You deliberately misconstrued that, didn't you? Nowhere in my post is there anything that even alludes to outright removing a mod, only restricting which variants can equip it, which has been done before and will probably be done again at some point.

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

DE doesn't really shy away from using Prime Access to put in a crazy amount of power creep.

Of the three outlined possibilities, and considering the precedent of the Vaykor Hek, it's most likely that they'd just make the hypothetical Furis Prime incapable of using the Winds of Purity Augment. Assuming they don't just do what they did with the Dex Furis and skip over the single version entirely, that is. The last, and least likely, solution is mostly there to show how little room they actually have on the matter, since modern Primes have such crazy DPS that 20% lifesteal would still be fantastic.

Edited by Dreddeth
clarification

18 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Of the three outlined possibilities, and considering the precedent of the Vaykor Hek, it's most likely that they'd just make the hypothetical Furis Prime incapable of using the Winds of Purity Augment

The Vaykor Hek not being able to equip Scattered Justtice isn't because of power concerns, it's because of the way the Syndicate blast effect works. The Vaykor Hek already has the innate Syndicate effect, and the Hek mod adds the Syndicate effect. You can see this with the Rakta Dark Dagger: the Syndicate melee weapons have no Syndicate effect, so it can equip Gleaming Blight, which adds the effect. If they made a Prisma Hek or a Hek Wraith, it'd be able to equip Scattered Justice no matter how powerful it was, because it wouldn't have an innate Syndicate effect. The only Syndicate augment mod limited to a particular variant is Gilded Truth, which can only be equipped on the Burston Prime.

On 2018-12-11 at 6:52 AM, ligonare said:

We have the staple tenno classic weapons that has (so far) never been vaulted. But, I believe it is high time we heard some news about due tenno weapons that have yet to be primed.

• Strun
  • Furis (Akfuris)
  • Kestral
  • Dual zoren

Most of these aren't 'classic' weapons. They're starter weapons. I mean, you can buy the Strun for credits, you don't even build it, and the Furis is probably the first blueprint you get. They're boring intro weapons.

We already have the Boar Prime, Braton Prime, Paris Prime, etc - we don't need any more MR1 weapons made into lackluster midrange primes.

I'd far rather see a Corinth Prime, or a Tenora Prime, or some other interesting weapon that's just slightly outclassed but could be awesome with a bit of a stat boost.

The exception is the Kestral - a prime would be pretty interesting.