Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nagantaka crit chance (reliability)

Ragingwasabi

9 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

You do know all of the examples you mentioned where broken as hell and needed a change right? They literally had no downsides whatsoever. Don’t assume everything is similar, each change has a reason behind it which is different than others....in this case, the weapon still works and doesn’t need a change. Go post this in fan concepts as a new weapon 

Ohh so if its broken its fine to completely change a weapon, going as far as replacing its whole effect but when it comes to buff a weak weapon its suddenly unacceptable?

Tonkor, new bounce system, additional targeting "laser", decreased crit, self damage.

Syno

9 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

You do know all of the examples you mentioned where broken as hell and needed a change right? They literally had no downsides whatsoever. Don’t assume everything is similar, each change has a reason behind it which is different than others....in this case, the weapon still works and doesn’t need a change. Go post this in fan concepts as a new weapon 

Ohh so if its broken its fine to completely change a weapon, going as far as replacing its whole effect but when it comes to buff a weak weapon its suddenly unacceptable?

Tonkor, new bounce system, additional targeting "laser", decreased crit, self damage.

Simulor family, almost (if not more) 80% decreased damage, decreased crit, less merges requied emphasis changed from setup weapon to spam mode.

Telos boltace, completely new effect what works against the tonfa type weaponary.

The hind got an entirely new firemode.

Many weapons, skills got changed completely because the originals had problems so tell me why this weapon shouldnt?

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Simulor family, almost (if not more) 80% decreased damage, decreased crit, less merges requied emphasis changed from setup weapon to spam mode.

Telos boltace, completely new effect what works against the tonfa type weaponary.

The hind got an entirely new firemode.

Many weapons, skills got changed completely because the originals had problems so tell me why this weapon shouldnt?

Because it’s not a weak weapon, simple as that. It’s MR9 and does the job pretty well based on its mastery. Go to fan concepts, period. 

53 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Because it’s not a weak weapon, simple as that. It’s MR9 and does the job pretty well based on its mastery. Go to fan concepts, period. 

Its not a weak weapon but its not a good weapon.

The mastery rank doesnt mean anything when you have the synoid simulor at MR12 when its damage and utility capatibilities are worse than mr8 weapons.

Accept it that just because you dont like drastic changes they still happened and will still happen in the future so its not unrealistic to ask for them.

I got a riven for it that helps a lot for its critical chance, so that helps.

I feel like people don't understand that the purpose of single shot + high slash damage is that the initial damage has to be obscenely powerful to compete with rapid-fire slash damage weapons when we're talking about the proc from slash. The Nagantaka is wonderful in theory, but its numbers with the critical chance are where it fails. What other purpose would its huge critical dmg percent be if it wasn't meant for big slash proc numbers?

Hell, I could see this thing having dual slash + gas procs if it could maintain somewhat consistent critical numbers. The Daikyu is the only application of the high single dmg slash proc theory works because its base, status, and critical chance are all high enough to be applied like this, and I was hoping the Nagantaka could be like the handheld little sister to this.

Edited by Xaxma

2 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I got a riven for it that helps a lot for its critical chance, so that helps.

I feel like people don't understand that the purpose of single shot + high slash damage is that the initial damage has to be obscenely powerful to compete with rapid-fire slash damage weapons when we're talking about the proc from slash. The Nagantaka is wonderful in theory, but its numbers with the critical chance are where it fails. What other purpose would its huge critical dmg percent be if it wasn't meant for big slash proc numbers?

Hell, I could see this thing having dual slash + gas procs if it could maintain somewhat consistent critical numbers. The Daikyu is the only application of the high single dmg slash proc theory works because its base, status, and critical chance are all high enough to be applied like this, and I was hoping the Nagantaka could be like the handheld little sister to this.

This has been how I plan to implement and use it. I just need to get more forma BP as I'm a little short on them at the moment.   The goal is to get 100% status, plus Multishot, and headshots for pretty good Slash/Gas damage.  Only thing is that I doubt it will make me change from the Daikyu anytime soon. 

loaded this weapon with ash. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter

loaded this weapon with mirage. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter

loaded this weapon with rhino. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter.

if they buff the crit on this weapon it will trivialize tough enemies with any buffer frame.

the weapon is fine.

Edit: for good measure, loaded this weapon with mag. against 160 C. bombard, used magnetize unleashed auto burst...... you know what happened after that ~_^.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

loaded this weapon with ash. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter

loaded this weapon with mirage. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter

loaded this weapon with rhino. against 160 C. bombard, melted like butter.

if they buff the crit on this weapon it will trivialize tough enemies with any buffer frame.

the weapon is fine.

Edit: for good measure, loaded this weapon with mag. against 160 C. bombard, used magnetize unleashed auto burst...... you know what happened after that ~_^.

Do you have proofs of those melting away enemies? Preferably video with build?

Dont want to sound rude but in most cases people just talk nonsense to justify their bad investments and also bunch of weapons are already capatable of this and some of them like the miter what is objectively a pretty avarage weapon is even better in it than the nagantaka will ever be.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Do you have proofs of those melting away enemies? Preferably video with build?

Dont want to sound rude but in most cases people just talk nonsense to justify their bad investments and also bunch of weapons are already capatable of this and some of them like the miter what is objectively a pretty avarage weapon is even better in it than the nagantaka will ever be.

dont need proof take a viral slash build with status duration with the examples i posted and see for yourself. any weapon that can destroy a heavily armored unit without reducing said armor or using corrosive damage doesnt need any kind of buffs.

Edit: op said slash tics less than 300, but i was getting slash ticks at 400+ with ash and 500+ with mirage, rhino, and mag

build i used:

Warframe0078.jpg

23 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

dont need proof take a viral slash build with status duration with the examples i posted and see for yourself. any weapon that can destroy a heavily armored unit without reducing said armor or using corrosive damage doesnt need any kind of buffs.

Edit: op said slash tics less than 300, but i was getting slash ticks at 400+ with ash and 500+ with mirage, rhino, and mag

build i used:

Warframe0078.jpg

Now this is exactly what i needed.

I picked out my ash prime and copied your build to see just what happens against lv145 enemies. Targets were bombards, heavy gunners, ancient healers and techs.

On the avarage i needed 2 whole magazines/18 shots (only the ancient gone done in 9 shots) dumped into them to get a kill on bodyshots.

• 7 shot with arcane effect with headshots only for a an ancient healer
  • 10 for a heavy gunner with headshots only with arcane effect
  • 4 shots with double arcane effects with headshots only on a bombard 
  • 7 shots wiith headshots only one arcane trigger on the tech.

A miter build what uses the same build without point strike (the last slot is polarized for D so i can only use 7 mods) kills:

• An ancient healer in 8 bodyshots and in 5 headshots with an active arcane
  • A heavy gunner in 30 bodyshots and in 10 headshots with an active arcane
  • A bombard in 11 bodyshots and in 5 headshots with 1 active arcane
  • A tech in 18 bodyshots and in 7 headshots with an active arcane

A more optimized build with the miter kills them even faster, so i doubt your claims. The nagantaka can barely keep up with a charge based weapon what has high disposition because no one likes how it works.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Now this is exactly what i needed.

I picked out my ash prime and copied your build to see just what happens against lv145 enemies. Targets were bombards, heavy gunners, ancient healers and techs.

On the avarage i needed 2 whole magazines/18 shots (only the ancient gone done in 9 shots) dumped into them to get a kill on bodyshots.

• 7 shot with arcane effect with headshots only for a an ancient healer
  • 10 for a heavy gunner with headshots only with arcane effect
  • 4 shots with double arcane effects with headshots only on a bombard 
  • 7 shots wiith headshots only one arcane trigger on the tech.

A miter build what uses the same build without point strike (the last slot is polarized for D so i can only use 7 mods) kills:

• An ancient healer in 8 bodyshots and in 5 headshots with an active arcane
  • A heavy gunner in 30 bodyshots and in 10 headshots with an active arcane
  • A bombard in 11 bodyshots and in 5 headshots with 1 active arcane
  • A tech in 18 bodyshots and in 7 headshots with an active arcane

A more optimized build with the miter kills them even faster, so i doubt your claims. The nagantaka can barely keep up with a charge based weapon what has high disposition because no one likes how it works.

18 shots to kill a target whose EHP is well in the hundreds of thousands is bad? you will nearly empty a 60 - 100+ magazine of any full auto gun to kill that target. 18 shots for the nagantaka is nothing. 2 alt fire. 

buffing this weapon any further will trivialize tough enemies as i said. if people dont like the low clip or the way the weapon handles thats not a weapon problem now is it? no what i think is some people want this weapon to be a sniper, and be able to near one shot tough enemies. this is not a sniper weapon.

Edit: miter isnt a crossbow. let me see you kill tough enemies in the time that nagantaka does with attica, rakta ballistica, ballistica prime, and zhuge.

20 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

6J9PS4j.png

I went in this direction. Hits harder up front, and when it crits a slash proc...it crits a slash proc.

i stopped using imgur because i think their BBCode is broken. i use imageBB now. if i wanted to i could swap point strike for vigilante armament and get more damage overall.