Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with Baruuk's 3, and a proposed solution

CircularReason

First off, I'm really excited for Baruuk - more excited for a frame than I have in a long while.

That being said, I've read from alot of people complaining that there is significant overlap between his radial sleep, and his disarm charges, and as they are currently being shown, I do have to agree. The disarm charges seem to shoot out one by one, and at a very short range. If this is true, it would simply always be better to cast your radial sleep, as it would cover a wider area, and affect many at once, rather than one at a time, rendering use 3 as useless. I dont want that for him.

Here is what I'm thinking. Thematically, disarm works really well for this frame. But when you have a radial sleep, the people you really need to disarm are those shooting at you from farther away, outside the range of your sleep. My suggeation is to use the same mechanic as Ash's shuriken; having 2 or 3 darts able to be thrown, which then seek out enemies. When hit, apply small damage (like it is now) stagger, and disarm. This way, he can control crowds around him with sleep, and stop people further away from shooting at him with his disarm darts. Now both his 2 and 3 have usefulness apart from each other, without overlap.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, CircularReason said:

The disarm charges seem to shoot out one by one, and at a very short range. If this is true, it would simply always be better to cast your radial sleep, as it would cover a wider area, and affect many at once, rather than one at a time, rendering use 3 as useless. I dont want that for him.

We don't know, for certain, how it works in practice yet.

What we do know it is disarms, provides DR, can be shared with teammates, and is able to be cast constantly to keep stacks of it up.

Maybe have them impose a disarm aura around Baruuk as well would be a good additional thing for him to have in order to remove redundancy?

Likewise, letting him aim the sleep ability at an area as opposed to PBAOE (don't know which it is currently tbh) ?

Either way, a monk style frame sounds awesome and I'm excited to see it released.

When is the frame set to launch I wonder?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

His only good ability you say?

You have to talk about frames comparatively if something out does it then its a second rate and if you wanna argue that loki's invis is great id say that octavia can stay invis permanently and ash can activate arcane trickery with his 4 and ivara well its channeled (but slow I will admit)