Im sry i don't like Orb Vallis

(PSN)Deadwood_Lane

I really don't like Orb Vallis, I liked Fortuna though so an open world with that Fortuna theme would have been awesome. To me Orb Vallis is almost exact the same as the plains of eidolon, same bounties and same setup which you grind in a similar way. Why couldn't you have introduced new mechanics? New style for bounties?
Fortuna feels unique imo but not Orb Vallis... 

And what happened with the graphics? Devstream of Orb Vallis and streamers one month ago was awesome and when I get into orb vallis on my ps4 pro its downgraded a lot, and i mean a lot. 😞 

Sry for rant, i felt i wanted to comment before i go on a break now. I have 1250 hours sunk into the game this far.
Anyone else feel the same as me?

Fortuna introduced the Bonus system on bounties, the ability to queue bounties within the open world, a different mining minigame, and more. I don't consider it the same as Plains of Eidolon. Sure it is similar, but I actually think it is much better. My only piece of criticism is grind reduced so low that the progression of the map is extremely fast. Hopefully Fortuna II addresses this.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

I really don't like Orb Vallis, I liked Fortuna though so an open world with that Fortuna theme would have been awesome. To me Orb Vallis is almost exact the same as the plains of eidolon, same bounties and same setup which you grind in a similar way. Why couldn't you have introduced new mechanics? New style for bounties?

And what happened with the graphics? Devstream of Orb Vallis and streamers one month ago was awesome and when I get into orb vallis on my ps4 pro its downgraded a lot, and i mean a lot. 😞 

Sry for rant, i felt i wanted to comment before i go on a break now. I have 1250 hours sunk into the game this far.

Basically agree with everything here. As soon as I entered the Vallis, I had a really horrible sense of Dejavu during my recovery from the terrible FPS I had while loading in. Bounties have nothing new other than "hey, you can start bounties inside the Vallis", which isn't something you'd want to be doing on public anyway because host migration is a thing. Bonuses are nice and all, but it doesn't actually add to the gameplay. Bounties have unoriginal tasks, once you've completed a T5 bounty twice, you've basically played them all. Fortuna itself is great, Vallis just seems to be a C+P PoE with a few quality of life changes.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

Fortuna introduced the Bonus system on bounties, the ability to queue bounties within the open world, a different mining minigame, and more. I don't consider it the same as Plains of Eidolon. Sure it is similar, but I actually think it is much better. My only piece of criticism is grind reduced so low that the progression of the map is extremely fast. Hopefully Fortuna II addresses this.

Many of these are just quality of life improvements, not new gameplay systems. They could have done alot more and I hope Part 2 brings some of that to us very soon. At the moment these open maps just feel very gimmicky. And the fact that after 1 year we still don't have endless missions like relic runs, excavation, survival etc. on the plains and now on orb vallis is just outrageous.

Edited by German

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

To me Orb Vallis is almost exact the same as the plains of eidolon, same bounties and same setup which you grind in a similar way.

i mean, people already realized that before it came out on pc.

its a POE 2.0.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

i didnt saw it yet, oh god...

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Same goes for me mate. Feels exactly like POE#2 just with corpus units and some different bounties but nothing special. I have low expectations on the Spider fights too, but who knows.

The world is huge, but it feels like you just go to the exact same 3-4 places when doing bounties. And god they are a snooze fest. There was one where some big spiders attacked. That could have been cool, but they pretty much did nothing and died really fast. So a huge PoE with snow is all it is.

Yep. PoE 2.0.

They need to really come up with better content for open world zones. Chasing yellow ABC icons for 5 minutes and then retreating to the lagovator isn't fun....at all.

Those spiders are DOA if they force more operator gimmicks. No one wants to or has time to level quill standing just to participate in a boss fight. Hard pass if they do it again.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

And god they are a snooze fest.

Go to point A, stand near thing B, wait until time C passes doesn't excite you?!?

You've got to admit, at least the Vox Solaris quest was epic. 

Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside (if quest doesn't progress, abort, listen to unskippable dialog again and retry)
Wait until prompted you can return
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Kdrive to waypoint, stand around
Elevator inside...

Pity they couldn't have worked the elevator into this story more... 🙂

I do think Orb Vallis looks nice, I just don't seem to care about the new stuff to grind...nothing really seemed to jump out and the prospect of doing more bounties doesn't have me looking forward to getting home after work and starting up Warframe...

Orb Vallis is POE 2nd part. Yep, we know it. What the community starts to demand (with many reason) are new mechanics, not the same old ones with some minimal changes. DE needs to understand this. Railjack is a nice chance to add some new mechanics, and not the old ones again with minimal changes. 

Edited by XzWasPzX

Spoiler
1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Go to point A, stand near thing B, wait until time C passes doesn't excite you?!?

You've got to admit, at least the Vox Solaris quest was epic. 

Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Go to waypoint
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside (if quest doesn't progress, abort, listen to unskippable dialog again and retry)
Wait until prompted you can return
Elevator inside
Unskippable dialog
Elevator outside
Kdrive to waypoint, stand around
Elevator inside...

Pity they couldn't have worked the elevator into this story more... 🙂

I do think Orb Vallis looks nice, I just don't seem to care about the new stuff to grind...nothing really seemed to jump out and the prospect of doing more bounties doesn't have me looking forward to getting home after work and starting up Warframe...

Why do you consider unskippable dialog as a negative? It's part of the story, skipping it would mean you miss out on valuable information regarding the characters and location lol

As I like Fortuna I will admit I am a bit disappointed.

I thought that Fortuna itself (not Orb Vallis, just city), will be bigger and we will get some of this cyberpunk theme outside too, but no because why, and even without it there are really cool locations, Orokin Dig Site, Temple of Profit, The Pearl... but almost all time doing bounties we just go to Enrichment Labs, Central Maintence, sometimes Grow Site...

There's nothing really to grind for expect kitguns.

Well, yes PoE was just experiment, Fortuna supposed to be full polished product after players will like PoE, and well... looks like majority did.

Edited by Critiamat

4 hours ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Other than exterm and find caches bounties are hardly the same.  PoE had a lot less to offer on release than Fortuna. New content will be added to both. 

1 hour ago, kinrest said:
  Hide contents

Why do you consider unskippable dialog as a negative? It's part of the story, skipping it would mean you miss out on valuable information regarding the characters and location lol

Because I can read much faster than the characters talk. I almost never wait for npc characters to finish babbling in an rpg, I click "next" as soon as I'm done reading. The unskippable dialog was especially annoying when the bomb quest didn't progress and I was required to start over. The lack of a skip button was extremely noticeable since I was always waiting for the character to speak the lines I'd already finished reading, understand?

Someone that is deaf shouldn't have to wait for the characters to finish speaking, a skip button is very common and normal to have in rpgs...

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane