Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Inaros Passive

AnnaCurser

rising from the dead by leeching off mobs is a nice idea. Its a shame it barely works. sometimes the mobs die too quickly, sometimes the mobs dont give enough HP back. sometimes the Countdown is run down too fast.

I suggest buffing his passive so it becomes usable, or more easily usable. either eat up mobs instantly for a chunk at a time, so get 5 or so chunks to full HP. or get rid of the countdown that restrains your effort to pull in mobs.

I am no pro at Inaros, just played him for about 10 hrs or so...but yesterday I did a solo Axi Survival in the Void and had to go afk after about 2 hrs to open the door. 

I didn't die. Dunno how people manage this tho

My settings are almost 100% friends only, so I couldn't pause the game

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Doesn't need a buff and it does a lot more than just that.

The other part to it is restoring 25% HP whenever you get a finisher kill.

Also you don't quite get how the revive works. Though 99% of players also seem to not understand it.

When you go down, you mark all enemies within a 14m radius with sand. Whenever these enemies take damage, it counts towards your revive. This damage can come from ANY source. The laser at higher levels isn't made to deal considerable damage, it's designed to mark enemies and pull them in. 

You can also eat your allies and their companions.

Play Inaros more and eventually you will learn to shoot a blast of your 4 before you go down to make a self revive far far more reliable.

44 minutes ago, DavidCurser said:

rising from the dead by leeching off mobs is a nice idea. Its a shame it barely works. sometimes the mobs die too quickly, sometimes the mobs dont give enough HP back. sometimes the Countdown is run down too fast.

I suggest buffing his passive so it becomes usable, or more easily usable. either eat up mobs instantly for a chunk at a time, so get 5 or so chunks to full HP. or get rid of the countdown that restrains your effort to pull in mobs.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Provoked

Buff it yourself.

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I am no pro at Inaros, just played him for about 10 hrs or so...but yesterday I did a solo Axi Survival in the Void and had to go afk after about 2 hrs to open the door. 

My settings are almost 100% friends only, so I couldn't pause the game

How did you manage to AFK for two hours when there's an AFK timer that makes you fail the mission if you don't kill any mobs in fifteen minutes?

1 hour ago, Eathian said:

How did you manage to AFK for two hours

58 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

holy ****, how big is your house

after 2hrs, not for 2hrs lol (should have said 2hrs in...but english isn't my native language so sometime I pick the wrong words 😛 )

meaning enemies were 150+

just lined up couple of enemies and hit 4

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

5 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Play Inaros more and eventually you will learn to shoot a blast of your 4 before you go down to make a self revive far far more reliable. 

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No i get it, hes very much an undying frame. thats why we barely see his passive. but i think for a passive that cool and with that much potential, it just doesnt deliver.

When you go down, you mark all enemies within a 14m radius with sand. Whenever these enemies take damage, it counts towards your revive. This damage can come from ANY source. The laser at higher levels isn't made to deal considerable damage, it's designed to mark enemies and pull them in. 

I did not know that. But to be fair, the game doesnt tell you that anywhere. And when youre solo, theres no one doing damage to the enemies after you died anyway. No wonder I never saw it in action.

Okay i did a few tests and I can see no evidence to support that statement. If theres damage on mobs, his 4 or other damage, doesnt visually or effectively benefit his passive counter. If you want to hold on to that statement you need to deliver some proof.

as far as im concerned, Inaros passive is useless. A passive that triggers on death, on the most tanky and self heal loaded frame, feels like mockery. Might as well give him Double Amount of Overshield.

Edited by DavidCurser

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Waste of a mod slot.

No s**t Sherlock? That is not OP's issue though, his issue is that inaros sarcophagus beam isn't killing fast enough, this mod solves that.

And lets be real here, for an Inaros build all you need is Health mod, armor mod. I guess power strength mod if you want, for scarabs. Inaros's powers suck, so you're going to be relying on weapons to do the job. That leaves lots of room for Provoked.

First of all, the sarcophagus that lets you revive yourself it's not Inaros passive, that is his unique bleedout state.

Inaros passive is the granted life leech on melee finishers (except ground finishers)

I play Inaros as my main character and I can tell you that if you are getting downed with him, there's something wrong in your build or in the way you play him, because you are supposed to avoid death by stealing enemies life to prolong your own, so when your hp drop down too much, you should search quickly for a target to devour or a group of targets for your scarabs so you can restore your health and continue fighting. His self revive is something like a very last chance and it's supposed to be pretty risky.

But if you want to rely on the sarcophagus you have to mod Inaros for it, just like any other ability, without mods it's less effective, so as someone already suggested you, provoked is the way to go! Even better if you combo that with Undying Will.

15 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

Okay i did a few tests and I can see no evidence to support that statement. If theres damage on mobs, his 4 or other damage, doesnt visually or effectively benefit his passive counter. If you want to hold on to that statement you need to deliver some proof.

as far as im concerned, Inaros passive is useless. A passive that triggers on death, on the most tanky and self heal loaded frame, feels like mockery. Might as well give him Double Amount of Overshield.

Then your test are flawed. Without even telling us how you conducted your "test" then you can't make such a claim. I have played for over 2k hours, about 50% of the time as inaros, and I have proven this exact mechanic many many times. 

Since you lack experience (at least with inaros), then I suggest looking at bozimes YouTube channel. A while back he showed a bit more about inaros along with examples of how his passive truly works. This really isn't up for debate, this is a well known mechanic of inaros if you play him a lot.

As far as I'm concerend, you lack the experience to make such a judgement. I have had many experiences when I go down (usually when I jump into a radiation sortie with my friends and the arca plasmor my face) and then am instantly revived because they proceed to damage enemies near me. You haven't faced significant damage yet if you think it's useless. 

13 hours ago, Heidelgard said:

I play Inaros as my main character and I can tell you that if you are getting downed with him, there's something wrong in your build or in the way you play him, because you are supposed to avoid death by stealing enemies life to prolong your own, so when your hp drop down too much, you should search quickly for a target to devour or a group of targets for your scarabs so you can restore your health and continue fighting. His self revive is something like a very last chance and it's supposed to be pretty risky.

This is not about Inaros Playstyle. Its about a wasted ability. Sure he can just "not die", but having a (not really) passive triggered on death, that then doesnt do anything, is just sad. there could have been a lot better passives to add to Inaros playstyle.

8 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Then your test are flawed. Without even telling us how you conducted your "test" then you can't make such a claim. I have played for over 2k hours, about 50% of the time as inaros, and I have proven this exact mechanic many many times.  

ive tested in the simulacrum. ive put 4 on mobs and waited to die. it was still on them when i was dead but my counter bar didnt move at all.
I will look into this youtube. thanks for the info.

I did play Inaros a lot, but there isnt a lot of info about him or his spells in the game. and anything that isnt in the game, is of little concern to me, like guides, Wiki or youtubers.

17 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

This is not about Inaros Playstyle. Its about a wasted ability. Sure he can just "not die", but having a (not really) passive triggered on death, that then doesnt do anything, is just sad. there could have been a lot better passives to add to Inaros playstyle.

ive tested in the simulacrum. ive put 4 on mobs and waited to die. it was still on them when i was dead but my counter bar didnt move at all.
I will look into this youtube. thanks for the info.

I did play Inaros a lot, but there isnt a lot of info about him or his spells in the game. and anything that isnt in the game, is of little concern to me, like guides, Wiki or youtubers.

It is probably something to do with your graphics setting. And there is far more reliable ways to test it. Try the following.

Spawn in some enemies like bombards, at least level 50 so they don't accidently die. Set them to pause so they don't roam. Take an unmodded Inaros and a self damage weapon (I suggest something like despair with the explosive mod on it) and wittle down your HP to almost dead. Make sure you are close to the enemies and use a weapon with consistent damage like a gas torid or a zenistar disk. Then put yourself down. Depending on the enemy level and the damage being dealt, your revive bar will increase. A torid will build it slowly. A zenistar will do a lot better. 

You can also try this with a friend. Same set up, but instead have your friend do the damage once you go down. Your friend can use just a melee weapon, or frames like saryn/frost. The more damage they deal, the faster you revive.

I get where you are coming from, but this is fairly easy to notice even in solo play if you play inaros a lot. At least for me it was. I realized it a while ago in a radiation hazard sortie. I got downed in a rad cloud (friend of mine shot me with a vaykor hek) and was quickly revived as nearby enemies took damage from the cloud.

As a frequent Inaros player, the passive is the most powerful passive (among many bad ones) in the game IMO. No changes necessary.

Fast zaw polearm (with arcane strike too, add an attack speed riven on top of Berserker for insane CC and constant healing) and Twirling Spire using Exodia Hunt is one of the best higher level melee builds in the game currently, and all the finishers keep the mummy boi very healthy.

8 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Spawn in some enemies like bombards, at least level 50 so they don't accidently die. Set them to pause so they don't roam. Take an unmodded Inaros and a self damage weapon (I suggest something like despair with the explosive mod on it) and wittle down your HP to almost dead. Make sure you are close to the enemies and use a weapon with consistent damage like a gas torid or a zenistar disk. Then put yourself down. Depending on the enemy level and the damage being dealt, your revive bar will increase. A torid will build it slowly. A zenistar will do a lot better. 

Okay i managed to do that. Not THAT, but something like that. Zenistar despawns on death, so that didnt work out.
i can see it now, but in order to work, theres a lot of things that need to go just right. there needs to be damage AFTER your death. which, when youre solo, just isnt there. and the mobs need to be in sand already, so the dmg translates.

I get it. its a thing. its not a great thing though,

5 hours ago, Mifune013 said:

Wait, people can die playing as Inaros?

I did not think so either until I started solo farming Sola Toroids inside the Temple of Profit past lvl 120 mobs. Yes, Inaros -can- die other than being shot by teammates with void defense lasers. Who would have thought it?

I put Life Strike on his melee weapon, though, and now he can't die again.

Edited by Buttaface

15 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

Okay i managed to do that. Not THAT, but something like that. Zenistar despawns on death, so that didnt work out.
i can see it now, but in order to work, theres a lot of things that need to go just right. there needs to be damage AFTER your death. which, when youre solo, just isnt there. and the mobs need to be in sand already, so the dmg translates.

I get it. its a thing. its not a great thing though,

It helps out a lot when you go down and if your teammates know how your passive works. Lots of frames have far worse passives for solo play (trinity, oberon, etc). If you are going solo and getting to that point where death is a real possibility, then you will start making sure your 4 is already hitting enemies. That way when you get to the point where the damage simply starts outweighing any regen you have, if you do go down then you will have the means to self revive.

It's tricky to get used to I will admit. The vast majority of people will never take inaros to that point, even then if they plan on going 2h+ then they will most likely be using arcane trickery, energize, CL, and just pocket sand everything while staying invis. But if you don't like pocket sand only and want to mess around at longer missions, then this mechanic is amazing if used properly.

It comes down to what you use inaros as. A frame to mess around against sub level 100 enemies? Yeah it's not really useful if you have a fully built inaros with arcanes. 

On 2018-12-14 at 6:37 PM, m0b1us1 said:

It comes down to what you use inaros as. A frame to mess around against sub level 100 enemies? Yeah it's not really useful if you have a fully built inaros with arcanes

basically, Inaros is too strong for the game. He is a god after all.

12 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

basically, Inaros is too strong for the game. He is a god after all.

His 2 and 3 should compensate for that especially 3.

For 2, improve sand shadows. Maybe by an augment mod. AND make it visually distinctive from his 4
3 just needs alot of buffs. Range, Power, CC whatever. It really is kinda lack luster (I was about to say weak, but then again this is Inaros)

P.S. While this is happening, I wouldn't mind getting a augment mod for his 1 as well. Maybe in a future Mars expansion we can update him with more lore and stuff.