Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't recast Dread Mirror to refresh the countdown on Garuda PS4

(PSN)jakandor

10 hours ago, (PS4)jakandor said:

I wonder if its only me or maybe I dont know how to do it yet, but I have tried a lot and still not working, it just charges Dread Heart. Somebody help, or fix it please.

quick double tap.

releasing her 4 on demand tho is clunky as f. i keep pressing 4 but she’s standing like a log snd getting shot instead of casting so i can do something else. tried double tap to release but nothing feels clean. she too clunky to use much, although i like idea of her skills mostly.

but so many frames. most just gather dust.

13 hours ago, (PS4)jakandor said:

I wonder if its only me or maybe I dont know how to do it yet, but I have tried a lot and still not working, it just charges Dread Heart. Somebody help, or fix it please.

Double tap X while holding down l1

Tapping it once has a "stall" thats a red herring, its already entering refresh or use state.

Ill post a video 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

To explain what im doing

Holding R1 (skill wheel) on garuda is different from other frames, it seems theres a "buffer" system , a small delay between option 1 (grabbing the orb) and option 2 (resetting the mirrior)

Rapidly tapping X BEFORE she grabs the orb executed option 2 repeatedly

Tapping it once will then create 2 dead zones where even though she hasnt grabbed the orb you can let go of R1 to reset the command then hit R1 +X before she grabs the orb to fire it before the animation to charge begins.

So by tapping R1 + X, 1 second delay, quick R1 + X will quick fire it. 

The second this is aim gliding to cancel the hard fall from casting her 4 mid air, if youre fast enough you can air 4 ~ aim glide > R1 + X ~ R1 + X. 

Edit: its not bugged, you can control this.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

You say it's not bugged, that we can control this, but to control this, we have to work some pretty ridiculous timed controls that are not intentional. The power description on the wiki states :

• While the Dread Heart is floating above Garuda, holding down the ability button (default 1 ) causes Garuda to grasp the heart in her talons and drain 50 Energy per second to continuously increase the absorbed damage by 50% of the currently stored damage value per second. Releasing the ability button causes Garuda to throw the heart as a high velocity explosive projectile toward the location on the aiming reticle. The heart bursts on impact with an enemy or a surface to inflict the amplified damage and a guaranteed Impact b Impact Status Effect to all enemies within a 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meter radius.
    • Charge energy drain per second is affected by Ability Efficiency.
    • Charge damage per second is not affected by mods.
    • Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
    • Charging in mid-air will allow Garuda to hover for few seconds.
    • The explosion bypasses obstacles in the environment, and its damage does not decrease with distance.
  • Can be recast while active to pounce at a target and refresh the mirror's duration.

As you can see. The power is supposed to recast the same way you cast it the first time. Press the R1+x on ps4 in this instance, and it's only supposed to grab the heart if you hold down the R1+x to channel it. Tapping once = cast and recast. Holding it down = charges the heart. If you have to go through a bunch of unnecessary steps to make something work because it's not working the way it's supposed to, that doesn't mean it's not bugged, just that you figured out a work around that takes more work and time to trigger. I can control a car that's stuck on first gear. Doesn't mean the other gears are supposed to be broken. I don't want a car with broken gears. I want them to fix the car so that it drives and handles the way it was intended to, without the need for us to come up with extra step workarounds.

2 hours ago, (PS4)NECRO5791 said:

If you have to go through a bunch of unnecessary steps to make something work because it's not working the way it's supposed to, that doesn't mean it's not bugged, just that you figured out a work around that takes more work and time to trigger

Youve horribly misinderstood then, allow me to re iterate in a concise fashion

The skill works exactly as the wiki states, pressing the button has her grab the heart and charge like normal.

What OP specifically asked was to RESET DREAD MIRRORS TIMER THROUGH RECASTING.

Which he can do as i showed in the video

When i say control, im literally controlling the input to gain the desired output.

Either i want to refresh my mirror without using the heart/ i fire the heart before she grabs it/ i charge the heart. 

Those were visually shown to be controlled 

The other things i showed was how to speed up/skip animations of heart grab/reset dread mirror and cancel hard fall. 

Basically rewards for having decently high dexterity and speed.

Edit: im getting off topic, anyway Yes op you can reset the mirror just fine. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

On 2018-12-13 at 10:14 PM, (PS4)psycofang said:

Youve horribly misinderstood then, allow me to re iterate in a concise fashion

The skill works exactly as the wiki states, pressing the button has her grab the heart and charge like normal.

What OP specifically asked was to RESET DREAD MIRRORS TIMER THROUGH RECASTING.

Which he can do as i showed in the video

When i say control, im literally controlling the input to gain the desired output.

Either i want to refresh my mirror without using the heart/ i fire the heart before she grabs it/ i charge the heart. 

Those were visually shown to be controlled 

The other things i showed was how to speed up/skip animations of heart grab/reset dread mirror and cancel hard fall. 

Basically rewards for having decently high dexterity and speed.

Edit: im getting off topic, anyway Yes op you can reset the mirror just fine. 

Nope. The only way to successfully recast dread mirror is to rapidly tap R1 like you did in your video, which is pointless. As long as I tap R1 1 second later, it becomes throwing the heart.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Nephalen69 said:

Nope. The only way to successfully recast dread mirror is to rapidly tap R1 like you did in your video, w

No i hit X not R1. I held R1. Unfortunately i cant record my hands.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Nephalen69 said:

As long as I tap R1 1 second later, it becomes throwing the heart.

Yeah i dont do that at all just holding it is enough