Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dire Eidolon Dilemma

Aerofare

Question

I don't know which way anymore at this point and I haven't felt so utterly depressed and hopeless in Warframe in easily almost two years.

My first ever public "Tridolon" hunt I selected publically of any kind was disastrous. We hardly even made the Teralyst thanks to the Chroma Prime barely doing any damage, the MR9 newbie/troll who brought a Frost and didn't put in his Radiant Shard when we tried to at least do the Gantulyst with 32min left...

NOWHERE I go does there appear to be any hope anymore. I desperately want to start getting into Tridolon hunts to improve myself, even though I am a competent player with a decent number of Hydrolyst captures in my record, and to farm Arcanes.

Apparently no dedicated groups exist (tried numerous times in game, in the Steam gaming hub for Warframe, etc.),

Barely anyone in my clan can do it,

No one answers in Recruit after repeated attempts for various nights,

...and that first public attempt is indicative to the truthfulness of all the horror tales I've heard beforehand before I decided to give it a go out of sheer despair.

Just what.do.I.do? I can't join ANYONE with even half decent equipment who takes the hunts seriously and are willing to play with anyone besides their hardcore buddies, and I'm above the common group who either trolls or is just not at the same stage.

I really don't know where to go or what more to do anymore. I tried everything in my power, nothing works. It seems out of the millions of players in the game, there might as well be four among those millions who can do well and are welcoming to anyone who wants to dedicate. ;-;

Edited by Aerofare

16 answers to this question

I only do pub groups as well for hunts and have encountered my fair share of frustration, but I find my odds of getting a decent team a bit higher if I'm in Cetus just before sunset, most experienced players who don't like the try hards in recruitment chat go out as soon as it becomes night so they can get atleast two tri caps, if you miss that small window then your chances of having a mr5 with Mag on your team gets much higher.

Also hosting your own hunt might help, just don't be that one trick who only plays Rhino and demands experienced Trinity, Harrow and Volt mains only for his squad because that's a good way to not get a team

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I only do pub groups as well for hunts and have encountered my fair share of frustration, but I find my odds of getting a decent team a bit higher if I'm in Cetus just before sunset, most experienced players who don't like the try hards in recruitment chat go out as soon as it becomes night so they can get atleast two tri caps, if you miss that small window then your chances of having a mr5 with Mag on your team gets much higher.

Also hosting your own hunt might help, just don't be that one trick who only plays Rhino and demands experienced Trinity, Harrow and Volt mains only for his squad because that's a good way to not get a team

I currently play Trinity and Harrow and have some experience, but as I said, I aim to get better. Which is apparently a pipe dream at this rate. I'm not the best player and I don't mind if I'm not paired up with the best players, but I do my absolute best and ultimately do my part and expect to find teams such as those who at the same time at least is easygoing enough to know that things can go wrong every now and then thanks to circumstances beyond one's control, such as all abilities locking up to the point where you can't even do a combat role, as happened to me earlier.

As for hosting, I can't. Everyone always complains about my connection, but I do just fine joining other hosts. But it seems UBER few people in Warframe want to host and have the right connection for it.

Lol, chroma did no damage, so what were u? Harrow ez mod? Who said u cant shoot the limbs? Get a build to solo teralyst and you wont have a problem with chroma doing no damage. If team cant pass the iq test to put shards, disband and try again. Im trin and sometimes do the most damage, but I only muahahahhaaha in chat and move on. Get real

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Shustas said:

Lol, chroma did no damage, so what were u? Harrow ez mod? Who said u cant shoot the limbs? Get a build to solo teralyst and you wont have a problem with chroma doing no damage. If team cant pass the iq test to put shards, disband and try again. Im trin and sometimes do the most damage, but I only muahahahhaaha in chat and move on. Get real

I did do the most damage as Harrow and for the THIRD time said that I want to practice with these groups to get better with the different frames, so your arrogant and ignorant assumptions fail as hard as your attempt at being even moderately helpful. Just another judgmental blight of the community, I see. Sad.

And I see literally four of your five posts on the forums are toxic. What are you even doing in such an overall mature community?

Edited by Aerofare

I'll share my personal experience about this, in case it has any value for you. I made my personal objective being able to solo the tridolons in a way I enjoyed. In my case it was oberon, unairu, rubico prime, sarpa and adarza. Not exactly the meta as you might notice. Once you know you can carry the whole team, worst case scenario, you will, best case you'll be paired with experienced players and you'll breeze through it. If you already can do the Hydrolist, you're not really very far from it. Also, the first time I did it was a really epic moment. And if you can do it you can teach your clan mates. 

Also:

hace 27 minutos, (PS4)Equinox21697 dijo:

This is excellent advice, I have the same experience, best pub groups form just as the bounty appears, if you get in a good one, stick with it. 

I can't do hunts now because my usual laptop broke and I'm stuck with a potato until I get it repaired but I'll contact you when I get back to it and see if we can band together if you are interested. 

1 minute ago, Amhiel said:

I'll share my personal experience about this, in case it has any value for you. I made my personal objective being able to solo the tridolons in a way I enjoyed. In my case it was oberon, unairu, rubico prime, sarpa and adarza. Not exactly the meta as you might notice. Once you know you can carry the whole team, worst case scenario, you will, best case you'll be paired with experienced players and you'll breeze through it. If you already can do the Hydrolist, you're not really very far from it. Also, the first time I did it was a really epic moment. And if you can do it you can teach your clan mates. 

Also:

This is excellent advice, I have the same experience, best pub groups form just as the bounty appears, if you get in a good one, stick with it. 

I can't do hunts now because my usual laptop broke and I'm stuck with a potato until I get it repaired but I'll contact you when I get back to it and see if we can band together if you are interested. 

How long did it approximately take you to do that and can you manage enough even solo to be satisfied with the rates at which even some of the rare Arcanes drop? And aye, I'm not at all one for meta either, especially as both meta frames and weapons seem to always consume six Formas at the very least, of which I always have limited supply and don't use lightly. And aye, while I can do the Hydrolyst, I can by no means do it alone. So I personally think I am very helpful in a team and have captured a good number in teams, but I can't even imagine myself ever being able to capture a Hydrolyst solo. 

I'll give that timing a go after I calmed down a bit, haha.

Thank you, yours and Equinox21697's input is appreciated. :-)

hace 1 hora, Aerofare dijo:

How long did it approximately take you to do that and can you manage enough even solo to be satisfied with the rates at which even some of the rare Arcanes drop? And aye, I'm not at all one for meta either, especially as both meta frames and weapons seem to always consume six Formas at the very least, of which I always have limited supply and don't use lightly. And aye, while I can do the Hydrolyst, I can by no means do it alone. So I personally think I am very helpful in a team and have captured a good number in teams, but I can't even imagine myself ever being able to capture a Hydrolyst solo. 

I'll give that timing a go after I calmed down a bit, haha.

Thank you, yours and Equinox21697's input is appreciated. 🙂

Oh don't get me wrong, it was a long term objective, I didn't go only for it strictly, I played the game, did a lot of relics to get forma (yes you need at least 4 forma for your sniper, I don't have a riven though). The hardest part is maxing all the relevant nodes in the focus school (either if you choose unairu or madurai for this) but it became way easier when they raised the cap and since ESO is a thing you can get focus, level formated weapons and get relics at the same time. I did a ton of Teralyst caps too. Keep in mind tridolons is basically the closest thing to "endgame" there's right now so take it at your own pace and enjoy the ride, there's no rush. 

I haven't really farmed the rare arcanes, among other things because you don't actually need them so I wouldn't really advise you to make it your objective, it takes me around 30-40 minutes to solo the tridolons and, as you say, it isn't really effective as a farming method (other people do it way faster but they have to go strictly meta for that). In the end this is a game so the fun and the sense of accomplishment are the key here. But as The Dude would say: that's just like... My opinion, man. 😅

21 hours ago, Aerofare said:

My first ever public "Tridolon" hunt I selected publically of any kind was disastrous. We hardly even made the Teralyst thanks to the Chroma Prime barely doing any damage, the MR9 newbie/troll who brought a Frost and didn't put in his Radiant Shard when we tried to at least do the Gantulyst with 32min left...  even though I am a competent player with a decent number of Hydrolyst captures in my record, and to farm Arcanes.

I'm a little confused.  How do you already have a decent number of Hydrolyst captures, yet this was your first public "Tridolon" hunt?  By public, do you mean selecting the Tridolon bounty via Konzu?  If so, DEAR GOD WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT???  That is a guaranteed way to end up headbutting a wall.

There are only 10 or so frames that have any business doing Tridolon.  1 decent person can carry 3 scrubs through Terry, but without the team whole team contributing, doing Garry and Harry will take the entire night.  If anyone decides to bring anything other than one of those 10 frames, ie Frost, immediately drop.  That person has decided to waste at least 30 minutes of your time and you want to continue to play with him?  Don't.

Use the recruit chat.  Find a group that advertises 2xTridolon and join them.  3x Tridolon requires everyone to be on ball with equipment, amps, frames.  4x is worse, everything must be perfect.  Meanwhile, 2x has comfortably lower expectations.  As long as everyone brings a proper frame and a decent amp, 2x is easy to achieve and hence, not toxic.  3x and 4x will flame you for anything substandard and non-meta because its required to get that many eidolons in time.

As always applies to pug, come prepared to solo. I suggest running trinity prime, 5 forma'd sniper, sarpa, void strike, some energy gear. 

If you actually get a good group, you'll be in good shape. If not, hopefully you'll at least get one full cycle in. 

Edited by Kebast

On 2018-12-12 at 12:45 AM, Amhiel said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it was a long term objective, I didn't go only for it strictly, I played the game, did a lot of relics to get forma (yes you need at least 4 forma for your sniper, I don't have a riven though). The hardest part is maxing all the relevant nodes in the focus school (either if you choose unairu or madurai for this) but it became way easier when they raised the cap and since ESO is a thing you can get focus, level formated weapons and get relics at the same time. I did a ton of Teralyst caps too. Keep in mind tridolons is basically the closest thing to "endgame" there's right now so take it at your own pace and enjoy the ride, there's no rush. 

I haven't really farmed the rare arcanes, among other things because you don't actually need them so I wouldn't really advise you to make it your objective, it takes me around 30-40 minutes to solo the tridolons and, as you say, it isn't really effective as a farming method (other people do it way faster but they have to go strictly meta for that). In the end this is a game so the fun and the sense of accomplishment are the key here. But as The Dude would say: that's just like... My opinion, man. 😅

Aye, sniper-wise I went with the Rubico as it's a lot faster to reload and fire in between shots if one occasionally misses, but I see I do need a good Riven for it, and prices being what they are at the moment with a lot of sellers not accepting anything below 1k...well, seems a 5-Forma Lanka will have to suffice. Focus school-wise, I am slowly but surely getting to the desired nodes. Haven't been able to farm as much as I used to and want to thanks to real life always trying to make as little time as possible when it comes to gaming, as always. True, there is no official rush, but if they're going to add more and more Amps, Arcanes, etc. one will definitely fall behind. Especially if DE wants to realise their grand vision of having an open world for EVERY planet, with each having its own version of Eidolons/Orb Fiends and each with their own set of Arcanes and unique weapons to acquire, for which drop rates are usually bad and 'encourage' people to spend thousands of plat to get them. ^^

Arcanes certainly aren't mandatory as you confirmed, but they sure do help a ton provided they are properly ranked! The sense of accomplishment for a solo Tridolon capture must indeed be tremendous, I'm sure. ^^

On 2018-12-12 at 2:08 AM, MPonder said:

Change region, some region that you can have a decent ping with more people.

Well, again, overall I have little to no issues with other people as hosts regardless of their region. Unless you mean my own host status, in which case I doubt changing region will help as South Africa's Internet is so backwater compared to the likes of Europe and North America that there isn't really a comparison to be made to begin with.

19 hours ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

I'm a little confused.  How do you already have a decent number of Hydrolyst captures, yet this was your first public "Tridolon" hunt?  By public, do you mean selecting the Tridolon bounty via Konzu?  If so, DEAR GOD WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT???  That is a guaranteed way to end up headbutting a wall.

There are only 10 or so frames that have any business doing Tridolon.  1 decent person can carry 3 scrubs through Terry, but without the team whole team contributing, doing Garry and Harry will take the entire night.  If anyone decides to bring anything other than one of those 10 frames, ie Frost, immediately drop.  That person has decided to waste at least 30 minutes of your time and you want to continue to play with him?  Don't.

Use the recruit chat.  Find a group that advertises 2xTridolon and join them.  3x Tridolon requires everyone to be on ball with equipment, amps, frames.  4x is worse, everything must be perfect.  Meanwhile, 2x has comfortably lower expectations.  As long as everyone brings a proper frame and a decent amp, 2x is easy to achieve and hence, not toxic.  3x and 4x will flame you for anything substandard and non-meta because its required to get that many eidolons in time.

Ah, yes, I didn't quite clarify.The captures I've done has been with a handful of the same clanmates, and others with friends/acquaintances outside of the clan. And they have pretty much all lost interest and dedication themselves as they are either overly critical of themselves and/or others, or just don't feel like it anymore. So after I tried finding other groups and subsequently even a single other person after that, I became very desperate and tried my luck at joining the Tridolon bounty. That first one was already disastrous.

Our team was willing to give that MR9 Frost the benefit of the doubt at the start, but when we all went to put in our Radiant shards and he didn't and ignored all messages, we did finally give up and just went to the exit. After trying and failing the whole day that day to find people and with the first hunt that day being such a mess, my nerves couldn't take it anymore and I just left it completely.

I did use Recruit chat as I mentioned. Over and over and over again. The ONLY person to respond after all those hours decided at the last moment during the counter that they wanted to go to Cetus first instead of the Plains and disbanded the squad. Didn't bother to re-invite anyone. Maybe I should've mentioned that I had all the best equipment save for a properly built primary, but didn't think of it at the time.

19 hours ago, Kebast said:

As always applies to pug, come prepared to solo. I suggest running trinity prime, 5 forma'd sniper, sarpa, void strike, some energy gear. 

If you actually get a good group, you'll be in good shape. If not, hopefully you'll at least get one full cycle in. 

Never, ever been able to solo a Gantulyst yet, never mind a Hydrolyst, as I prefer support roles instead of damage roles thanks to constant PC, Internet and other issues outside of those happening at the worst of times. Like abilities locking up, fps drops for no reason - causing a weapon to not fire at all or miss - etc.

But after that, I am focusing on trying for damage roles now and working on the Rubico Prime and Lanka.

@Aerofare

By change region, I meant nothing about connection quality. I'm saying that if you go to a region with more people, there will be more eidolon party. Like my case, I'm from South America, but here is really a dead region and most of the few people that are usually online during eidolon time, can barely do a trio 2 times in 1 night, are horrible geared, dunno what to do. So I have to change to North America to do 4x3 or 5x3. I did just discover this after a problem I had with internet which only with VPN I could play and the VPN had only free server for NA.

hace 5 horas, Aerofare dijo:

Well, again, overall I have little to no issues with other people as hosts regardless of their region. Unless you mean my own host status, in which case I doubt changing region will help as South Africa's Internet is so backwater compared to the likes of Europe and North America that there isn't really a comparison to be made to begin with.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing that someone helped me with in another matter: there's an option to set your pc type. If you change it to laptop it'll make you a lot less likely to be selected as the host, that's not just for eidolons but in general and it might help you quite a bit in all missions. 

On 2018-12-13 at 4:44 PM, MPonder said:

@Aerofare

By change region, I meant nothing about connection quality. I'm saying that if you go to a region with more people, there will be more eidolon party. Like my case, I'm from South America, but here is really a dead region and most of the few people that are usually online during eidolon time, can barely do a trio 2 times in 1 night, are horrible geared, dunno what to do. So I have to change to North America to do 4x3 or 5x3. I did just discover this after a problem I had with internet which only with VPN I could play and the VPN had only free server for NA.

Ah, yeah, I misunderstood, sorry.

I'll give that a go. My region was never local anyway, it's European to my recollection, so I assumed that if a densely populated online region such as that got little to no response, not much would. But maybe it did change to local without my knowing in the meantime. 

On 2018-12-13 at 6:07 PM, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

Are you just spamming "lf Tridolon", or are you responding to people that type up something like "2x3 Tridolon, need Volt".  The latter is far more effective.

A combination of spam and responding. The ones I responded to were all full by the time I responded, and when I typed, for instance, 'Harrow/Trinity LF Tridolon' I got that single response that ended up disbanding the squad anyways.

On 2018-12-13 at 8:58 PM, Amhiel said:

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing that someone helped me with in another matter: there's an option to set your pc type. If you change it to laptop it'll make you a lot less likely to be selected as the host, that's not just for eidolons but in general and it might help you quite a bit in all missions. 

Ah, awesome, thanks for that tidbit. ^^ The game does regularly force host me despite me doing everything in my power to avoid it, and then people complain 90% of the time anyways, so an alternative to that is highly welcomed.