Baruuks First ability should be set on duration, not energy drain

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

we should wait until he is released. I'm sure he will end up being a good Hunter Adrenalin/Rage user.

I personally don't find energy ever an issue when I'm not lugging around a vacuum. Grabbing energy when you need it is important, but having it sucked up when your 90/100 energy for example, your out 15 energy.

I find Zenurik even less useful for this reason.

We now have a dethcube that can poop out energy, which oddly I can see being very helpful to Baruuk, if his bullet passthrough covers a sentinel this will be amazing.

a good Dig kubro also.

or a smeeta that rarely lets you double your pickups.

Vacuum is not a friend for combat.

It's a little different with Nezha.  His 1 was quite important to his kit.  It was some cheap cc strapped with a function with another ability and the ability to help him slide about faster.  Baruuk's 1 is not important to his kit as there is no synergy with it.  It being tied to energy instead of duration makes sense considering what his passive is.  He's going to be massively tanky.  Which means he can easily use rage/adrenaline to have energy a plenty.  Could take that even farther if you slapped p flow and QT in with rage/adrenaline.

You'd be a bit more right if Baruuk was squishy like other casters.  But he isn't.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

It's a little different with Nezha.  His 1 was quite important to his kit.  It was some cheap cc strapped with a function with another ability and the ability to help him slide about faster.  Baruuk's 1 is not important to his kit as there is no synergy with it.  It being tied to energy instead of duration makes sense considering what his passive is.  He's going to be massively tanky.  Which means he can easily use rage/adrenaline to have energy a plenty.  Could take that even farther if you slapped p flow and QT in with rage/adrenaline.

You'd be a bit more right if Baruuk was squishy like other casters.  But he isn't.

You’re telling me that the power that allows him to completely negate damage and survive isn’t important? 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Baruuk's 1 is not important to his kit as there is no synergy with it.

I'm guessing you misunderstood something; every time you get attacked with his first active builds his Edge meter which is important to his kit as it provides DR and gives access to the 4th ability, which is IMPORTANT. Although you can argue that putting enemies to sleep and disarming them build up the edge meter, it won't build up as fast as when using the first ability due to the fact it builds upon being shot at (regardless of whether the bullet does damage to you or not).

TL;DR his 1st builds his edge meter the fastest and provides survivability.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

With the amount of DR he would have, Rage/Hunter Adrenaline would be rough to use if the higher level enemies can barely take down his Shields. So Quick Thinking would be more of a wasted mod slot than a useful mod.

Edited by GPrime96

So.... this defiantly isn't the place to post this, but because its happening... for almost 4+ months now I have noticed that when I refresh the main forum page... it seems to save the page entirely at one point in time... its telling me this post that was posted several days now, was only 2 minutes ago with 0 replies. This happens both on PC and mobile devices, I thought maybe it was a personal glitch but it happens on all my accounts and I cant figure out why.

ON TOPIC.

Remove your vacuum, become OP. As I said before.

On 2018-12-11 at 10:16 PM, peterc3 said:

Then kill and break things to get orbs. Zenurik being hard countered is not a flaw.

When you design a frame you take into account what the frame theme is and what it does, not the outside extra forces you can shove in.

Zenurik being countered doesnt mean that people couldnt just use pizzas or other energy sources.

Energy drain skills on a caster frame is a flaw no matter what kind of energy sources you have. If i get teamed up with a frame what grants energy orbs around him en masse, that still not gonna make the constant drain less of a hindrance, an annoyance.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

On 2018-12-15 at 5:33 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

When you design a frame you take into account what the frame theme is and what it does, not the outside extra forces you can shove in.

Zenurik being countered doesnt mean that people couldnt just use pizzas or other energy sources.

Energy drain skills on a caster frame is a flaw no matter what kind of energy sources you have. If i get teamed up with a frame what grants energy orbs around him en masse, that still not gonna make the constant drain less of a hindrance, an annoyance.

If it's an energy drain over time, what will pizzas do? What would other energy sources do? Since it's a caster, they should have access to any energy replenishment ability in the game, just because it's a caster?

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

If it's an energy drain over time, what will pizzas do? What would other energy sources do? Since it's a caster, they should have access to any energy replenishment ability in the game, just because it's a caster?

Like what every frame does, stop skill, fill energy full, start skill again. Constant energy usage is good and acceptable for frames what doesnt depend fully on their skills like wukong or excalibur but imagine putting it on mag or limbo, recipe for disaster.

You know the basic rules of designing a caster/mage char?

High energy to support constant and continous skill usage, any effect what takes constant toll on the energy reserves is not designed with casters in mind.

On 2018-12-11 at 4:17 PM, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

we should wait until he is released. I'm sure he will end up being a good Hunter Adrenalin/Rage user.

I personally don't find energy ever an issue when I'm not lugging around a vacuum. Grabbing energy when you need it is important, but having it sucked up when your 90/100 energy for example, your out 15 energy.

I find Zenurik even less useful for this reason.

We now have a dethcube that can poop out energy, which oddly I can see being very helpful to Baruuk, if his bullet passthrough covers a sentinel this will be amazing.

a good Dig kubro also.

or a smeeta that rarely lets you double your pickups.

Vacuum is not a friend for combat.

explain to me how he will be a good rage user when his 1 is hard counter to taking damage altogether?

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Doesn't it only effect him from frontal attacks? 

It does affect the enemies in front of him like other shielding abilities except for Frost’s Snowglobe and Gara’s Mass Vitrify. Garuda’s Mirror can follow your LOS so it wouldn’t be the exact same as hers.