Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fallowsthorn

Is there really only one way to get the Cronus blueprint?

Question

There's nothing I can do but run Tolstoj over and over again, with an ever-decreasing chance of getting the drop? I just want to max the dang thing so I don't have to see it sitting at rank 17 in my Codex forever. Why? Why is this middling weapon so hard to get?

6 answers to this question

normally, it isn't a problem though - with the guaranteed acquisition as a new Player ensuring that they get it.

if you're looking to get it recurringly after having already acquired the Blueprint then yes, you will have to brute force the lottery.

23 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

I suggest running with slash weapons and a Nekros.

you realize that Captain Vor is a Boss and cannot be Biforcated, right?
(if anything then, use Hydroid - assuming that it isn't an End of Mission Reward as of now anyways)

Nothing to do but just keep killing Vor and hoping it drops. I suggest running with slash weapons and a Nekros. Good luck.

If anyone would like to know, the Cronus blueprint does indeed drop from Vor's body if you have already completed Tolstoj. The first time you kill Vor, you get it as an extraction reward if it doesn't drop naturally.

I probably haven't even had it in my inventory for a good five years now, but every time I go to the Codex to check what I don't have mastered it's there and it bugs me. It's not even that good. I don't even actually want it! I just want it to stop being an awkward number I can't change. Augh.

The wiki says it drops from his body, so if I go with someone who's never run it before I should get it, but people in chat said it comes from the extraction rewards, so that wouldn't matter. I want to know why this "lower chance every time to prevent credit farming" is still in place when there are plenty of ways to farm credits much more quickly and easily at this point.