Jump to content

What is Ember's role in Sortie or any high level mission?


XenMaster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Her 2 might be able to work for crowd control but there are better options for that in my opinion. 

The rework basically screwed over a build based around firequake and CC, which actually works pretty well at high levels imo, due to the range decreasing over time, that range nerf hurts. 

DE could have easily fixed this with a simple change to firequake (remove the range decrease and half damage output) but unfortunately DE didn't take any notice of us when it came to the ember rework (we told them the issues before it was even put in game...) and we ended up having a rework which failed to fix the issue it set out to fix (low level kill everything), still has no high level scaling and removed/stopped the one build for ember nobody complained about (firequake cc builds)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, midtarget said:

Crowd control, using fire fright and accelerate while occasionally using a fireblast to keep enemies down.

Essentially this, when you look past the legitimate limitations mentioned above.  You have to stack her powers.  Use fire-based weapons with accelerant on Sortie Enemies with High armor/Physical resistance.  Understand how her 3, 2/accelerant, Fire Weapons, and her 4 stack.

Using the Firequake Augment for knockdown gives a similar CC/Aggro delay to Nyx’s Chaos, But requires a bit more management.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

can't take Ember in a simple sortie? not her problem entirely

wof can disable spy lasers, 2 can stun, augments can cc or support

also visit the "how to un-squishy" topic to survive her with and then stack strength mods.

artax can help her target her wof too, along with some defensive parkour she can still cope sorties

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, cheliel said:

can't take Ember in a simple sortie? not her problem entirely

wof can disable spy lasers, 2 can stun, augments can cc or support

also visit the "how to un-squishy" topic to survive her with and then stack strength mods.

artax can help her target her wof too, along with some defensive parkour she can still cope sorties

you again, please refer to my arguments and my requests regarding your "how to un-squishy" topic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cheliel said:

can't take Ember in a simple sortie? not her problem entirely

wof can disable spy lasers, 2 can stun, augments can cc or support

also visit the "how to un-squishy" topic to survive her with and then stack strength mods.

artax can help her target her wof too, along with some defensive parkour she can still cope sorties

Sto trying to act like you know how to play this game. You don't, as evidenced by your "un-squishy frames" thread.

 

Spreading misinformation is way worse than just staying silent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Light CC and "damage". But since heat damage and status are both bad she's really just left with light CC.

While most other frames offer a similar amount of CC if not more or at least more "practical" forms of CC so...

 

Basically her role in Sorties is to be played by people who realize you don't need to always use the "best" loadout for everything or people that just want to play Ember.

 

edit: I'd also like to argue that "pre-nerf" Ember wasn't a good frame or at the least she'd be viewed equally as bad currently. She was "better" but that's like saying a car that's been totaled is better than another equally totaled car because the paint was scratched less.

Edited by trst
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Ember's role is nonexistent in anything past the starchart unless you are a sadist

Completely untrue, use 2 (possibly with augment) and 3, shoot with a FIRE based weapon (combined elements don't count) and see how you will vaporize everything. The only problem ember has is a crappy 1, a very underwhelming 4 and a passive that uhhh....could be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no huge difference between Ember now and before. She's actually been buffed. WoF was never some great high level CC that people tried to make it out to be, it was merely decent at best. definitely not some major game changer compared to what she can do now. And remember, if you recast you have original range...so basically all you need to do when you need that "awesome" ol school Ember CC in a pinch is recast, and it'll hit 5 targets at once, compared to just passively running around forever with it hitting 1-2 enemies per second. I still don't get why people act like it was some kind of god aura perma-CC ability. 

If you're bad with Ember now, there's no way you were any good with her before. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Completely untrue, use 2 (possibly with augment) and 3, shoot with a FIRE based weapon (combined elements don't count) and see how you will vaporize everything. The only problem ember has is a crappy 1, a very underwhelming 4 and a passive that uhhh....could be better.

Her 1 is decent at locking down distant choke points or stunning a small group while you reload. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like others said, WoF still works just fine in fissures with Overextended.

As for high levels, the frame is usable as a buff support and for killing Infested trash mobs but it's not particularly good at anything.

Right now it's the kind of frame you pick for the lolz when you don't feel like picking anything else because it gives some bonus for fire damage for little effort, it's like current Ash but with fire damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Her 1 is decent at locking down distant choke points or stunning a small group while you reload. 

It takes a charged fireball and 2.5 seconds to do that and copying from wiki

Charge rate is affected by mods that increase casting speed (e.g. Natural Talent). The charge rate can be reduced to a minimum cap of 1.5 seconds.  I guess it's pretty safe to assume over half of whoever plays ember casts with 2.5 seconds since all of her other abilities are almost instant cast)

 

Honestly if I found myself in the middle of reloading and my options are charged fireball VS something else I'd rather pick the second option, maybe cast fireblast to smash away enemies even if it breaks reloading and charging doesn't. Personally I'd find it best to jump out of the way, take cover, reload, re-engage

Edited by Olphalarepth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

It takes a charged fireball and 2.5 seconds to do that and copying from wiki

Charge rate is affected by mods that increase casting speed (e.g. Natural Talent). The charge rate can be reduced to a minimum cap of 1.5 seconds.  I guess it's pretty safe to assume over half of whoever plays ember casts with 2.5 seconds since all of her other abilities are almost instant cast)

 

Honestly if I found myself in the middle of reloading and my options are charged fireball VS something else I'd rather pick the second option, maybe cast fireblast to smash away enemies even if it breaks reloading and charging doesn't. Personally I'd find it best to jump out of the way, take cover, reload, re-engage

Uncharged still procs, it's just not as large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...