Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Textures get disabled and never return

Kalyorn

I've been having this problem off and on again for about a year now. I've not found any reliable way to fix it as of yet. When my game crashes, happens a lot recently, the texture streaming gets disabled but is never re-enabled though the game is running after my pc comes back. I've tried just about everything I could think of or find and I'm at my wit's end. I will be submitting a support ticket soon but I thought I'd start a topic here just in case someone else has had this problem and found a fix of some kind. There is no reliable way to recreate the crashing as it is just random. I thought this problem went away a few months ago but it returned with the release of Fortuna unfortunately.

I've tried cleaning my pc, updating the drivers, cleaning up remnants, repairing my OS, downclocking, overclocking, increasing power allotted to my gpu, etc. I'm hoping it either just goes away randomly like last time or there's a reliable fix. The only two games I've crashed on are Warframe and VRChat but at least VRChat gave my visuals back after everything else returned. In Warframe, once it crashes, that's it, no more visuals even though the game continues. Anyway, hopefully someone else had this problem and found a fix. If you're interested, I have a Radeon RX 460 GPU. I'll update this if I find a solution or if support helps. Here's to hoping I don't need to buy a new GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt many people will see this now that it's been over a week since I first posted but if anyone else is having the same problems I think I have a solution.

Get Warframe from their website instead of Steam.

Note: This next part is what worked for me, it may not work for you. It may also break other games' performance if you're not careful.

Warning: If you don't know what you're doing when this next part is mentioned and you follow what I did, you may break something. BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you know what you're doing when attempting this next part. Messing with gpu power settings is NEVER recommended for anyone without experience or a guide due to the massive list of problems it could create elsewhere in the system.

Note 2: I used AMD Radeon Settings built in Wattman application to do the rest because I have an AMD Radeon RX460 GPU.

Decrease GPU clock speed.

Increase power allowed to the gpu.

Please note that I take no responsibility for what you do with your pc, I am simply telling you all how I fixed my problems and gave a fair warning in the process.

Anyway, if anyone from DE reads this they know another potential solution to the problems quite a few of us are having.

I hope no one else needs to resort to messing with gpu power settings like I needed to. Especially since I know most people probably have a better machine than I do so it's more expensive if something breaks along the way.