Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being knocked around all over the place in The Vallis

(PSN)Chadnco9

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:

That first time I crashed my K-Drive and soared over a mountain into a lake. The definition of entertainment.

I have definitely not done this myself....
Nor have I tried to see how far I can fling myself across the map.

Ordis: "Operator my sensors detect a...-bzzt- BIG FAT LIAR!!! -bzzt-...hint of insincerity in your voice."

38 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I think the only aspect that should be changed is that bounce mines probably should not be able to stick TO your warframe directly. I've seen some clips of it being REALLY silly if multiple do it; just ragdolled for thirty seconds until death.

Where can I get someone to hook me up with those?  That’s sounds awesome, never change it

You must've missed out the opening weeks of Fortuna on PC. Quite a number of people immediately jumped to complaining that the enemies "it's too unfair, you can't do anything, this is artificial difficulty" with barely any time to adapt. The good thing is, so far, DE has only conceded a small bit of ground with the damage some enemies dealt, only to bring it back in with Elite variants. Hopefully, they keep up this trend of making enemies that go beyond health and damage numbers.

4 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

You must've missed out the opening weeks of Fortuna on PC. Quite a number of people immediately jumped to complaining that the enemies "it's too unfair, you can't do anything, this is artificial difficulty" with barely any time to adapt. The good thing is, so far, DE has only conceded a small bit of ground with the damage some enemies dealt, only to bring it back in with Elite variants. Hopefully, they keep up this trend of making enemies that go beyond health and damage numbers.

On the last dev stream I saw they are going to introduce Corpus armed with their version of Archwing guns that can do huge amounts of damage (to compensate they do move and aim quite slowly).

Edited by FlusteredFerret

The Vallis is the only place in this game where enemies are challenging not because they are immovable indestructive objects that kill you with one shot or remove all of your buffs in a split second but because they actually do stuff to try and beat you up.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:

Yeah, first time one of my squishier frames started feeling pressure for underestimating a bunch low levels, I knew we were headed somewhere good.

I remember walking out into the Vallis bounty T5 with my generic kit. Mostly modded for Corrosive damage because it works well enough for Corpus. I got stomped. Destroyed. Absolutely annihilated.

Now that was something special.

A rare catch!

I really, really like how they did the enemies on the Vallis. They’re still relatively fragile, so you can definitely mess them up in combat no problem, not like super high level Grineer with ten bajillion armour points...but the tradeoff is the crazy area control and CC. Which is great! For the first time, the Corpus really feel like you’re fighting a high tech enemy with lots of tricks up their sleeve. It’s a phenomenal improvement in combat design from DE, and I absolutely love it to bits.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I really, really like how they did the enemies on the Vallis. They’re still relatively fragile, so you can definitely mess them up in combat no problem, not like super high level Grineer with ten bajillion armour points...but the tradeoff is the crazy area control and CC. Which is great! For the first time, the Corpus really feel like you’re fighting a high tech enemy with lots of tricks up their sleeve. It’s a phenomenal improvement in combat design from DE, and I absolutely love it to bits.

Indeed. I've got a couple of problems (Overtakers, Nullifier drones are a bit unclear at times and sometimes their accuracy and reaction time is crazy - I've been shot between two containers at a diagonal) but they're miles better than Warframe's usual fare. I mean, even the Tusks were a big improvement over regular Grineer. On Fortuna and PoE, all the enemies have a purpose. They produce interesting gameplay from it. The Grineer and the Corpus each have different combat design now too - Grineer are less powerful individually but stronger together with the roles fitting into each other (Mortar Bombards followed up by Flameblade teleports or Baliff rocket jumps whilst Napalms lay down sniper fire), whereas the Corpus have great and abilities and greater power but seem to lack that 'military' edge - which fits, they're merchants first, fighters second. Much better than tilesets where Corpus and Grineer too often feel like pallet swaps of each other.