Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ophia: A Plant based Warframe

KitMeHarder

Related image

Credit to h1fey for the picture. It's not how the frame would look like, but its theme is fitting, and I thought it would help me standout.

Prelim

I decided to publish this because quite a few of my ideas have slowly made their way into Warframe. And while most of them aren't revolutionary, they are new to this franchise, and I take pride in being unique when it comes to being creative in video games. But without further adieu, I present to you "Ophia", a plant based Warframe. (A good chuck of her synergy comes from details that aren't in the base ability descriptions, so I'll try and highlight the important ones.)

Stats

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-20-57-448

Passive

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-25-16-131

Abilities

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-29-01-035

• Notes:
    • If a tendril hits a sculpture, it will create its own tendrils.
    • Deals 7 ticks of true damage to the host’s health over 6 seconds. All enemies connected by a tendril receive slash damage equal to the tick, with 100% status chance.
    • The host will continue to damage the enemies it's connected to, even if the true damage is more than what is needed to kill them. The host can be damage by outside sources.
    • Tendril'd enemies’ damage duration scales inversely with duration.
    • Tendrils obey line-of-sight.
    • Lock-on dash similar to Atlas', which slide-kicks an enemy off their feet and into the air 3-5 meters.
    • Enemies can be affected by multiple tendrils (from other host), but tendril’d enemies can’t be targeted for a seed.

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-35-10-745

• Notes:
    • Ability ends upon dropping below your original max health, or upon recast.
    • Grants things like eximus auras/resistances, ancient healer auras, nullifier bubbles, armor, shields etc… Not things like moa shockwaves or manic teleportation/invulnerability.
    • Aesthetically it looks like you’re wearing the husk, with moss/small flowers filling in the gaps.

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-38-29-997

• Notes:
    • 100% of an enemy’s health is added to to sculpture if it inhabits a husk.
    • Sculptures will prioritize spreading out evenly, as well as prioritizing higher tier enemies. And sculpture "grow" radius can not exceed 50 meters.
    • Sculptures can be healed by Ophia's passive, but not by other sculptures.
    • Sculptures have a slightly higher threat level then Tenno.
    • Number of active sculptures is tracked with the HUD buff indicator.
    • Sculptures do not move, but can emit things like auras and nullifier bubbles.

bandicam%202018-12-11%2022-43-21-979

• Notes:
    • Fertilizer maintains its ability to infinitely stack.
    • (Optional) Fertilizer distribution can also be changed to affect allies based on balance.
    • Enemies can only be damaged once every 3 seconds, scaling inversely with duration. And there is no cap to the number of enemies that can be damaged at a time.
    • Removes Foreboding Harvest’s need for line-of-sight if the terrain between the two targets is now “soil”.
    • Creates a mushroom familiar that follows you around like a sentinel and is immune to damage.
    • Enemies that die on fungal grounds transfer any status effect(s) from the ability to all other enemies on the grounds for 100% of the remaining duration. Note that this is only status effects from Fungal Grounds; not weapons, allies, or other abilities.
    • Visually it's similar to the effect on Equinox's Mend & Maim ability, but with a different overlay. And it'd be cool if small mushrooms and fungi started growing on enemies much like how the Peculiar Bloom mod works.
Edited by KitMeHarder