Jump to content

Twitch for people who don't like Twitch?


(XBOX)Gilganomics
 Share

Recommended Posts

With the recent twitch drops, I plan on watching a lot (potential Wisps, or even a Khora? Yeah, I'm in).

Thing is, I'm not a big fan of watching streams, especially the homebrew meta of "Hey Guys! Just 20 more subscribers and I'll shave my eyebrows!".
So, does anyone have recommendations for a less cringey channel supporting drops? Or, even better, someone who's channel you respect/enjoy who you want to see grow? I'm not gonna be that focused on the content anyways, so...

Not really a serious question, nor an attack on DE's chosen streamers (as I've watched none). Just curious what's out there because I know I won't peruse that much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:

With the recent twitch drops, I plan on watching a lot (potential Wisps, or even a Khora? Yeah, I'm in).

Thing is, I'm not a big fan of watching streams, especially the homebrew meta of "Hey Guys! Just 20 more subscribers and I'll shave my eyebrows!".
So, does anyone have recommendations for a less cringey channel supporting drops? Or, even better, someone who's channel you respect/enjoy who you want to see grow? I'm not gonna be that focused on the content anyways, so...

Not really a serious question, nor an attack on DE's chosen streamers (as I've watched none). Just curious what's out there because I know I won't peruse that much.

I have a trash phone that I leave plugged into the wall and the twitch app running while I go to work. 

The animals seem to enjoy it.  Came home to both cats staring at it and gently touching the screen with their noses or paws. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:


So, the original plan then. Alright. 

Pretty sure that some people have claimed you stop getting drops if you mute the device.  Turning it *almost* all the way down or plugging in headphones seems to work though.  (At least so far, iPads can't detect whether there is a live human attached to the headphones.  Yet.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of this is so wrong... 

Why bother with it, when rewards are trashy and by doing it future... "events"... will have harsher requirements. 

If you dislike twitch, or just don't use it in general (like me) then no point trying to do all of this, really.

Edited by deothor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who streams and makes cringey jokes, half of it is engagement with your audience. I don't mind lurkers at all and I know some people don't really like chatting with a random stranger, but I enjoy it more when people ask questions about the game or join in the jokes because hey why not. This whole campaign kind if puts me off since if I do decide to play warframe, my numbers will potentially go up but I'll end up feeling used in the end since a majority of viewers will just have me on as a means to farm drops.

Not trying to tell you to do this OP, do what others are saying if you just want drops. Nothing wrong with doing that. Just a suggestion that in your off time if you're watching a steamer who usually gets low views or isn't an affiliate yet, ask them some questions or throw in a joke of your own. You could help them improve.  

Edited by Sajochi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Pretty sure that some people have claimed you stop getting drops if you mute the device.  Turning it *almost* all the way down or plugging in headphones seems to work though.  (At least so far, iPads can't detect whether there is a live human attached to the headphones.  Yet.)

 

4 hours ago, Nation_X said:

If you mute the stream, Twitch doesnt recognise you as a viewer. Best is either minimum sound or mute your PC

I haven't tried other browsers, but in Firefox muting the tab works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I literally only watch one channel, it's a small-ish one (i think...? I don't even know at what point a twitch channel becomes moderately big anyway) so it's more like a small family, where you get to know cool people and chill and talk about random suff. And no bs like 20 more subs to tatoo "I'm an ass" on my forehead. 

If you're interested i can give you the name via PM. 

Edited by Autongnosis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Just a suggestion that in your off time if you're watching a steamer who usually gets low views or isn't an affiliate yet, ask them some questions or throw in a joke of your own. You could help them improve.

Good comment. Part of why I originally posted was to kick legit support to a smaller streamer who may want to grow their lane.

I’ve engaged with streamers before. It was...kind of offputting at first. Just to realize they noticed your comment in a flood of gibberish, but I see why people enjoy it. 

I get the engagement aspect, I just think I’m in a demographic less streamers cater to, or jaded by goofballs. I’m more of a YouTube guy.

14 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

If you're interested i can give you the name via PM. 

By all means

19 hours ago, Nation_X said:

If you mute the stream, Twitch doesnt recognise you as a viewer. Best is either minimum sound or mute your PC

I’ve had them muted at times and saw no problems. If they sign off (got to sleep sometimes), then it stops the flow of subpar gifts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 12.12.2018 um 07:21 schrieb MagPrime:

I have a trash phone that I leave plugged into the wall and the twitch app running while I go to work. 

The animals seem to enjoy it.  Came home to both cats staring at it and gently touching the screen with their noses or paws. 

And then you get no drops coz your cats decided to rather watch Overwatch instead ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...