Jump to content
  • 1

Base capture in the Vallis - Fun but pointless?


(PSN)xtharbadx
 Share

Question

Finished a t5 bounty and since I was at a base location, decided to capture it.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but holding a base seems to be a bit pointless?

I mean, sure, you can pick a bounty there, but the bounty is going to be sending you somewhere else do complete the missions/stages, and after that you likely have to Archwing back, which is basically the same as Archwing'ing back to the Fortuna gate no?

Is there something I'm not seeing? What is the point of holding a base?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It's the whole thing of the Orb being larger than the POE so the loading will be longer so you might want to prefer going to either the dude outside the elevator of Fortuna or capture a base since it is really a timewaster to just go back down for a bounty.

I actually think they're quite helpful, if you also note that all turrets the base owns are now yours, so you can camp there for I donno, resources they drop and just trigger em with the 4 alert star thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Well the random bounties would drag you all over the map so I guess they arent that helpful.....

I use them....it feels like my last mission segment are always near the base I have set up..

There is a difference though...........

Guy at Fortuna gate will let you take on ANY tier bounty.  So you can go from tier 1 to tier 3 to tier 5.

Captured Bases only offer you the same level bounties are the last one you completed.  If you had done a Tier 3 when you went into the OV and then captured a base he would only offer T3 missions.   And you get a bunch of different choices if you can remember what they all involve you can sorta avoid the ones you dont like.  .

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
56 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

And you get a bunch of different choices if you can remember what they all involve you can sorta avoid the ones you dont like.  .

Yup, I noticed that, but they all have the same rewards.

Also, you can't really tell what the various stages will be based on that description.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, DragonDude3010 said:

It's the whole thing of the Orb being larger than the POE so the loading will be longer so you might want to prefer going to either the dude outside the elevator of Fortuna or capture a base since it is really a timewaster to just go back down for a bounty.

I think you missed my point, or maybe I didn't explain properly.

Yes, we already have the dude outside of the elevator. Capturing a base will give you another "dude", but that another dude seems redundant, since in practice you will have to return to a dude after finishing a bounty anyways, be that the elevator guy or the base guy.

So why bother with capturing base at all?

Maybe base capturing can/will be a platform for further content they might add in the future. Other than that, it doesn't really serve a purpose apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I think you missed my point, or maybe I didn't explain properly.

Yes, we already have the dude outside of the elevator. Capturing a base will give you another "dude", but that another dude seems redundant, since in practice you will have to return to a dude after finishing a bounty anyways, be that the elevator guy or the base guy.

So why bother with capturing base at all?

Maybe base capturing can/will be a platform for further content they might add in the future. Other than that, it doesn't really serve a purpose apparently.

I kind of get what you're meaning, but I prefer taking a base somewhere far away from the elevator for if I end up there. It's IMO just handy to have some bases captured around the map so you can be like: "Oh finished bounty where's the dude?" *looking at bases on map* "Oh that one is closer than the elevator that'll save me time, thanks DE!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...