Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Pursuit, why nothing is better than something...

TheGrimReapersScythe

I love DE because they go the extra mile with Warframe, this game is beautiful, it controls well; Warframe is like this because DE tries very hard to keep this game a #1 Free To Play. That being said Archwing is the worst thing implemented in the game right now. It controls poorly, it controls so bad that it makes me think that it was made by a completely different company and thrown on top of this already massive game, it makes players with hundreds of hours feel weak, on par with MR 1 players because every Warframe you have leveled, every mod you have maxed out, every mission you have completed is irrelevant in this game mode. Archwing gives you a whole new loadout with a small selection of underpowered mods that in comparison to being a badass space ninja you are now a drone, a #*!%ing drone.

Pursuit being the second half of my rant, which I am writing after leading a friend who was struggling with this mission and couldn't find anyone else who would help them with it. Despite being MR 14 we failed twice and had to develop strategies to beat it; Pursuit is a terrible, terrible mission. Pursuit is so bad in so many ways that I will only talk about what we saw in 3 attempts, you can find more reasons by simply looking up Pursuit in the forum search. First, the ship you tail through the whole mission is buggy, it will abruptly stop change the direction it is looking just to go shooting off again toward the direction it was initially going, when you kill the engines the ship will continue moving and if it was going around an asteroid it will continue its course which makes it impossible to get a smooth angle that you can follow through with, the ship will rotate while the engines are dead making you lose your opportunity to kill the shields, I don't know if this is a bug but the ship will move without engines at a speed just slow enough to where you can't move with it and keep a steady sight and just fast enough to where if you stop moving that you get "hit" by a "motionless" ship. Second, the ship\s flight path moves at impossible angles, it takes instant sharp turns, it rotates around an asteroid and does a quick barrel roll so that it flies "upright" in space and it's flight path makes it unnecessarily difficult to shoot the engines, the engines are very small already, at least make the ship fly in a straight line, this mission should not be intended to be hard, archwing is already awful and this mission is the S#&$ in the sewer. Speaking of things that are hard to hit, the shields are small and only poke out a little bit, if you want an angle on it you need to be hovering around the upper opposing side of one of the "arms" where the shields are located but because the ship is moving so awkwardly and at such an annoying speed it makes it really difficult. Third, speaking of difficulty the ship  is constantly letting out explosives that if they hit you they stop your pursuit of the ship, every time you kill the engines more drones are released that if you try to kill them and then go after the shield you either miss your opportunity to kill the shields or you ignore them and eat enough damage to easily kill your archwing, not to mention that if you do find some kind of compromise that at the end of the mission you have to defend a drone and that drone could very easily die from all the bombs that are constantly chasing you and the absurd amount of drones you have accumulated from how many damn times you had to kill those god forsaken engines.
To close I wanted to provide a counter argument in favor of Pursuit, to try to aid DE in how to "improve" this game mode (I mean fix) but after thinking about those 3 runs we did and how my friend never got a match with another player, we never got a match with another player, no one in region would help my friend, and not a single friend of theirs would help them, I've decided that there is nothing good and honest worth saying about this game mode and i don\t think anyone aside from DE will bother defending Pursuit, let alone Archwing.

Edited by TheGrimReapersScythe

9 hours ago, TheGrimReapersScythe said:

I love DE because they go the extra mile with Warframe, this game is beautiful, it controls well; Warframe is like this because DE tries very hard to keep this game a #1 Free To Play. That being said Archwing is the worst thing implemented in the game right now. It controls poorly, it controls so bad that it makes me think that it was made by a completely different company and thrown on top of this already massive game, it makes players with hundreds of hours feel weak, on par with MR 1 players because every Warframe you have leveled, every mod you have maxed out, every mission you have completed is irrelevant in this game mode. Archwing gives you a whole new loadout with a small selection of underpowered mods that in comparison to being a badass space ninja you are now a drone, a #*!%ing drone.

Pursuit being the second half of my rant, which I am writing after leading a friend who was struggling with this mission and couldn't find anyone else who would help them with it. Despite being MR 14 we failed twice and had to develop strategies to beat it; Pursuit is a terrible, terrible mission. Pursuit is so bad in so many ways that I will only talk about what we saw in 3 attempts, you can find more reasons by simply looking up Pursuit in the forum search. First, the ship you tail through the whole mission is buggy, it will abruptly stop change the direction it is looking just to go shooting off again toward the direction it was initially going, when you kill the engines the ship will continue moving and if it was going around an asteroid it will continue its course which makes it impossible to get a smooth angle that you can follow through with, the ship will rotate while the engines are dead making you lose your opportunity to kill the shields, I don't know if this is a bug but the ship will move without engines at a speed just slow enough to where you can't move with it and keep a steady sight and just fast enough to where if you stop moving that you get "hit" by a "motionless" ship. Second, the ship\s flight path moves at impossible angles, it takes instant sharp turns, it rotates around an asteroid and does a quick barrel roll so that it flies "upright" in space and it's flight path makes it unnecessarily difficult to shoot the engines, the engines are very small already, at least make the ship fly in a straight line, this mission should not be intended to be hard, archwing is already awful and this mission is the S#&$ in the sewer. Speaking of things that are hard to hit, the shields are small and only poke out a little bit, if you want an angle on it you need to be hovering around the upper opposing side of one of the "arms" where the shields are located but because the ship is moving so awkwardly and at such an annoying speed it makes it really difficult. Third, speaking of difficulty the ship  is constantly letting out explosives that if they hit you they stop your pursuit of the ship, every time you kill the engines more drones are released that if you try to kill them and then go after the shield you either miss your opportunity to kill the shields or you ignore them and eat enough damage to easily kill your archwing, not to mention that if you do find some kind of compromise that at the end of the mission you have to defend a drone and that drone could very easily die from all the bombs that are constantly chasing you and the absurd amount of drones you have accumulated from how many damn times you had to kill those god forsaken engines.
To close I wanted to provide a counter argument in favor of Pursuit, to try to aid DE in how to "improve" this game mode (I mean fix) but after thinking about those 3 runs we did and how my friend never got a match with another player, we never got a match with another player, no one in region would help my friend, and not a single friend of theirs would help them, I've decided that there is nothing good and honest worth saying about this game mode and i don\t think anyone aside from DE will bother defending Pursuit, let alone Archwing.

Personally I like Archwing but I'm not surprised your friend couldn't find any help as the majority of the player base hate it and Pursuit most of all. It was designed for the old Archwing controls. I think part of why most hate Archwing (controls aside, I don't mind them) is because you go from being a super space ninja back to square one and have to level a whole bunch of stuff again as you say and they don't want to do it which obviously makes any Archwing mission significantly harder. A friend of mine was always moaning that he couldn't get Atlas back when he got me into the game after dozens of attempts. I solo'd it pretty easily because a) I had actually spent time levelling stuff and b) actually knew my 'wing and that Energy Shell applies heat damage to shots. He hadn't levelled anything and didn't even know that Frost's (his main frame) Snowglobe can be exploded by his Snowballs, let alone how his Odonata worked.

That said Archwing doesn't really feel awesome. Before I went in I had a mental picture of the huge beam weapons and the like from Gundam/Robotech/Macross and what I actually got was far less impressive. The Seeking Fire skill sounded awesome and I could just imagine the clouds of smoke as I unleashed a furious barrage of missiles and what I got was... put-put-put-put. Total buzz-kill.

With a little work on making Archwings actually feel impressive and powerful I think it would probably win a few more fans and with some more levels probably a few more but DE obviously don't want to commit resources to something that only a very small number of players actually play. I'm hoping that Railjack will feed some good changes into Archwing and breath some life back into the mode.

I like the freedom of Archwing but I utterly loath Pursuit. I am stuck on that node and hitting that one tiny spot when you and the target are moving is painful.

I guess the issue is also that I feel like my archwing gear don't do any damage while I totally modded it. The is also a need for a vacuum type of effect or at least a better visibility on loot: a tiny round shiny object over a sea of stars ISN'T visible!!!