Jump to content
  • 0

Choices, Choices, Choices...


TheGoldLegion
 Share

Question

Now I'm stuck in a predicament.

I have enough plat for one orokin catalyst, should I:

a) Use it to for the next title on the syndicate (Steel Meridian --> Defender Rank).

b) Use it for extra warframe slot (I've got Excal, Excal Umbra, and Rhino).

c) Should I use it on my Soma (I am halfway through MR7 and don't have high-tier mods although I do have a build I want to eventually get to)

I want to build my Excal umbra with chromatic blade (from General Rank ), potato my Soma, and use an extra warframe slot for mastery fodder.

Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

a) No. Do this when you have spare ones

b) always a good idea, you can't have enough slots (I am currently at 45 warframe slots used)

c) no. Soma is decent but far from great. There are lots of better weapons suited for a bought Catalyst

17 minutes ago, TheGoldLegion said:

I want to build my Excal umbra with chromatic blade

If you have hit a progression wall this would be the most recommended way imo.

Potatoes do come fairly often so I'd not gonna waste plat on them (except you have enough plat that is)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
25 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Potatoes do come fairly often so I'd not gonna waste plat on them (except you have enough plat that is)

I've not seen a potato in any alerts or rewards for a loooong time.

EDIT: A friend has gifted me two more catalysts so I'm set for now.

Edited by TheGoldLegion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It is by far endgame viable. You need to max rank the mods, use the Steel Meridian Augment for +200% MS and maybe some mods switched out.

You also need to apply some Forma. Hek is a very good weapon, but it is not the best endgame weapon given its very low MR requirement.

I was just pointing out that you can use a Hek with a single Catalyst and no Forma with above build for all enemies up to Lv 50. Maybe a little higher, but definitely has issues at Lv 100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, TheGoldLegion said:

Now I'm stuck in a predicament.

I have enough plat for one orokin catalyst, should I:

a) Use it to for the next title on the syndicate (Steel Meridian --> Defender Rank).

b) Use it for extra warframe slot (I've got Excal, Excal Umbra, and Rhino).

c) Should I use it on my Soma (I am halfway through MR7 and don't have high-tier mods although I do have a build I want to eventually get to)

I want to build my Excal umbra with chromatic blade (from General Rank ), potato my Soma, and use an extra warframe slot for mastery fodder.

Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂

why is it that i get this feeling that you wanna skip almost everything there is

--- Save the plat for Slots and only slots -- don't spend plat on something that will be obtained more thru invasions events .. mostly dev streams prime time streams --

just keep an eye out on these stuff

use https://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html as an tracker so you don't have to miss anything

Ask for taxi  so you have more backup to farm loot with others

People wanna help you out doeing survivals defense etc .. just ask and they help

-- Farm Prime Parts .. Event Mods .. Riven mods *sigh* --

Those can be sold for Platinum or trade for things you might need ( except Resources )

Do quest lines from the Codex board and get better .. 

But this are just an small example you could do .. many in this topic have given you an good solution to work with :angel:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

why is it that i get this feeling that you wanna skip almost everything there is

--- Save the plat for Slots and only slots -- don't spend plat on something that will be obtained more thru invasions events .. mostly dev streams prime time streams --

just keep an eye out on these stuff

use https://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html as an tracker so you don't have to miss anything

Ask for taxi  so you have more backup to farm loot with others

People wanna help you out doeing survivals defense etc .. just ask and they help

-- Farm Prime Parts .. Event Mods .. Riven mods *sigh* --

Those can be sold for Platinum or trade for things you might need ( except Resources )

Do quest lines from the Codex board and get better .. 

But this are just an small example you could do .. many in this topic have given you an good solution to work with :angel:

Don't get me wrong, I do love the grind. However, my syndicate (Steel Meridian) needed an Orokin Catalyst for the next title. So I've been waiting and watching out for Orokin Catalysts since the last 2 weeks and I have only seen an Orokin Reactor but no Catalyst. So I decided to farm prime parts until I got about 20 plat. By the time I got the 20 plat, I realised I could use the Orokin Catalyst and the 20 plat to get myself out of the "underpowered" zone. So here I am asking you guys to help me make a choice.

That being said I now know (thanks to y'all) that I should always spend plat for slots, and since a friend has kindly gifted me 2 Catalysts, I'm gonna put my plat to use on my slots and farm more primes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

a.) No no. You need bigger arsenal and potatoed weapon first IMO. That can come later.

b.) For me, this option is also no no. Well at least not yet. What I'd like to recommend to you is to buy weapon slot instead. 12 plat for TWO weapon slots. That's a nice deal if you are low on plat.

c.) Like @GnarlsDarkley said, I kinda encourage you not to. It is good, yes, but hek is better. You can use it to clear star charts, farm relics, bounties, etc etc. Sell the rewards from those mission and you can earn more plat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Never buy Catalyst/Reactors with plat.  Just wait for them.   Use forma on stuff if u need to.

Plat should always go towards more warframe , weapon, pet, sentinel slots.   You go up in Mastery by acquiring and leveling everything there is in the game.   You are going to want to keep alot of it.   That takes slots!!

After that I start buying skins/emotes/decorations/operator cosmetics/ Octavia Instruments....

When I have 50-75% discounts I grab the centerpieces for the personal quarters,  vignettes.   Greater Focus school len's is another smart purchase for plat with a discount.   You need those to make E Lens.   You can make greater lens from scratch but that costs like 225k credits + 1 or more forma ???  

But for now I recommend...... SLOTS! SLOTS! SLOTS!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You said potato. That's a potato. 

 

They do give them out often enough to make an impact if you stick with the game. 

I've heard a lot of people refer to Orokin Catalyst as a potato as well so I thought that they both are potatoes. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

When I have 50-75% discounts I grab the centerpieces for the personal quarters

OP is on PC. Our discounts are limited to plat purchases on the website not the in game market

23 minutes ago, TheGoldLegion said:

I've heard a lot of people refer to Orokin Catalyst as a potato as well so I thought that they both are potatoes.

Yup, blue and yellow potato.

There were 3 blue ones in the last month, 15th november, 2xth november and 6th december.

Dunno about Invasions, Twitter didn't show a chronolocial order there

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 hours ago, MPonder said:

A- Sindicate, you can sell sindicate mods to farm plat, usually around 12-15 PL each, plus you will also get missions that give more sindicate points and you'll get a better sindicate icon to farm.

 

6 hours ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

If it were me, I'd use it to for the Syndicate.  I made so much of my early plat selling mods.  Sell 2 mods and you've more than made back your investment.

That sounds like a solid plan. Thx for this 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
23 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

It is by far endgame viable. You need to max rank the mods, use the Steel Meridian Augment for +200% MS and maybe some mods switched out.

You also need to apply some Forma. Hek is a very good weapon, but it is not the best endgame weapon given its very low MR requ

 

Edited by theScoped238
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, theScoped238 said:

LVL 50 isn't endgame though...50 is star chart. 

Dude, you drunk? You even quoted the part where I say it is far from being endgame viable. You just repeat what I said but make it sound I am wrong :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, theScoped238 said:

I'd say don't invest in hek even vaykor hek is better. 

On 2018-12-12 at 7:31 AM, TheGoldLegion said:

I am halfway through MR7

Vaykor Hek at Mr 6...you definitely ARE drunk.

9 minutes ago, theScoped238 said:

primed rubico are good choices

recommending another MR 12 weapon....

Hek > Rubico in everyday use before Lv50

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...