Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choices, Choices, Choices...

TheGoldLegion

Question

Now I'm stuck in a predicament.

I have enough plat for one orokin catalyst, should I:

a) Use it to for the next title on the syndicate (Steel Meridian --> Defender Rank).

b) Use it for extra warframe slot (I've got Excal, Excal Umbra, and Rhino).

c) Should I use it on my Soma (I am halfway through MR7 and don't have high-tier mods although I do have a build I want to eventually get to)

I want to build my Excal umbra with chromatic blade (from General Rank ), potato my Soma, and use an extra warframe slot for mastery fodder.

Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Max Point Blank first, try to get Hell's Chamber asap. and max it as well.

And the very first moment you are back in your Orbiter change the mods order to get Corrosive and Blast. Magnetic is crap

Is Corrosive and blast effective against corpus as well?

Just now, TheGoldLegion said:

Is Corrosive and blast effective against corpus as well?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

Corrosive has 0 downsides. Magnteic has Alloy (Corpus bosses).

I don't like Blast tbh (that's why I don't have it in the build I posted) but it has +75% on Machinery (-25% on Ferrite is negligible because they are trash unit and die anyway with Heks' damage)

7 hours ago, TheGoldLegion said:

So this is the build I have so far (and the mods I have for shotguns), as you can see I am severely lacking:

y3HsCm5.png

In the process of getting more endo to max out dem mods

No offense, but that is one of the worst Hek builds I've ever seen.

Max Point Blank ASAP and get the Scattered Justice Mod from Steel Meridian(all the more reason to put the catalyst toward SM if you are using the Hek).  Without maxed mods, you didn't even need to put a catalyst into it.  1 maxed Point Blank + 1 maxed Blaze + 1 maxed Scattered Justice would be doing 3x more damage than that build.  The reason people suggest the Hek as an early weapon is mostly for the Scattered Justice mod.

Edited by (PS4)xstatic900

double post

edit2: since I already posted it...

The first priority of virtually any weapon is a maxed or nearly maxed damage mod.  All other sources of damage on a weapon scale off your basic +damage mod.  If your Serration isn't at least rank 8, there is no point in putting a Catalyst on the Soma Prime(do not put a catalyst on the regular soma while the Soma P is unvaulted).

Edited by (PS4)xstatic900
double post

On 2018-12-14 at 6:20 AM, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

double post

edit2: since I already posted it...

The first priority of virtually any weapon is a maxed or nearly maxed damage mod.  All other sources of damage on a weapon scale off your basic +damage mod.  If your Serration isn't at least rank 8, there is no point in putting a Catalyst on the Soma Prime(do not put a catalyst on the regular soma while the Soma P is unvaulted).

I don't have scattered justice yet, but this is my build so far (I've got magnetic on it for Orb Vallis missions):

jQpLj0X.png

Edited by TheGoldLegion

A solid improvement as I'm sure you've already discovered.  I'd remove Accelerated Blast though.  Its not a good mod.  +60% puncture only helps your puncture, and it biases your status procs even more towards puncture, which is probably the worst one.  +60% [element] on the other hand, adds 60% of your whole damage, and biases your status toward something more useful.  And the fire rate really isn't helpful for something with a 4 round magazine.  Removing that can give you the space to max charged shell.

Your choice of course if you want to keep with magnetic, but its not the best.  Even against corpus, its merely ok.

2 hours ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

A solid improvement as I'm sure you've already discovered.  I'd remove Accelerated Blast though.  Its not a good mod.  +60% puncture only helps your puncture, and it biases your status procs even more towards puncture, which is probably the worst one.  +60% [element] on the other hand, adds 60% of your whole damage, and biases your status toward something more useful.  And the fire rate really isn't helpful for something with a 4 round magazine.  Removing that can give you the space to max charged shell.

Your choice of course if you want to keep with magnetic, but its not the best.  Even against corpus, its merely ok.

Welp I just got scattered justice. I maxed it out and removed the accelerated blast. I've also made space for max Hell's Chamber + max Vigilante armaments + max Scattered justice for an overall 380% multishot. Now it can shred just about anything. Thanks a bunch 🙂

Edited by TheGoldLegion