General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Echo Lure bug

(XBOX)ROOKIE15777

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I just wanna give this thread a bump, since this bug is still in the game. I bought the virmink echo lure, should be "automatically available from the Gear Menu when appropriate" - says the game. But it's not there. Seems like it's closed season for virmink.

once the main gear item is selected (tranq,spear) the lures, bait and dye 2ndary gear wheels become available. you need to  hold down (r1+button), the you can select each bait, etc.

each time you equip a spear or tranq, you’ll need to select non default baits etc (which sucks big time). the scanners seem to retain last selected scanner, but this is not always so.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

14 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

once the main gear item is selected (tranq,spear) the lures, bait and dye 2ndary gear wheels become available. you need to  hold down (r1+button), the you can select each bait, etc

I'm familiar with the way this works, and I'm able to use the pobber lure. But the virmink lure is just not there on the secondary gear "wheel". I have it purchased, can't even buy a new one. Triple checked, so as far as I can tell this is a bug. But sure I can still be wrong, do you have any idea how to fix this? We are both on the PS4, it's kinda weird it works for you but not me.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm familiar with the way this works, and I'm able to use the pobber lure. But the virmink lure is just not there on the secondary gear "wheel". I have it purchased, can't even buy a new one. Triple checked, so as far as I can tell this is a bug. But sure I can still be wrong, do you have any idea how to fix this? We are both on the PS4, it's kinda weird it works for you but not me.

Well what I’ve noticed is when I first enter vallis, the scanners don’t render. In other words, the slots look empty but aren’t. If you select slots, scanner names pop up. After some tens of seconds, the icons actally load.

Otherwise, I don’t know what to say.

On 2018-12-30 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Well what I’ve noticed is when I first enter vallis, the scanners don’t render. In other words, the slots look empty but aren’t. If you select slots, scanner names pop up. After some tens of seconds, the icons actally load.

Happy new year, Tenno!

I just tested this, sadly still not working. There's an empty slot next to my bobber lure, but can't select it. The gear menu does not show the lure name and my warframe still holds the tranq rifle after pressing the assigned buttons. So.. either it's a bug, or there's some trivially simple solution I'm overlooking. Tried everything I could think of, so my bet is on the bug.

Thank you for trying to help me! 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Happy new year, Tenno!

I just tested this, sadly still not working. There's an empty slot next to my bobber lure, but can't select it. The gear menu does not show the lure name and my warframe still holds the tranq rifle after pressing the assigned buttons. So.. either it's a bug, or there's some trivially simple solution I'm overlooking. Tried everything I could think of, so my bet is on the bug.

Thank you for trying to help me! 

Sure and it is likely a bug. One for a support ticket, but DE are not quick so good luck.

just try a crazy thing. Unequip you tranq from the gear wheel and add it back. Possibly restart warframe before adding it back. 

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

1 hour ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

just try a crazy thing. Unequip you tranq from the gear wheel and add it back. Possibly restart warframe before adding it back. 

I just did that, plus sold and re-purchased both lures, and it works! Now a "hold to swap" option pops up when switching between gear items, which I did not get before (just like while fishing). So, problem solved! Their weird as hell mating call is music to my ears 😄

Thank you again for the help!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Thank you again for the help!

Glad to know you’re up and running.

The reason I suggested unequiping the tranq is that a number of earlier UI problems were cleared by exiting the related UI state (locked camera view was cleared by switching to operator as an example). By removing the tranq, then adding it back in, the ui code would probably add scanners back to the specific gear wheel.

• Like 1