Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Need An Opt Out For Stalker Mode?

BloodKitten

i know the stalker mode is basicly on hold untill you find some way for it to make sense lorewise, but the PvP stuff is a mistake in PvE game, it would be better to just have stalker frame, or stalker skin like the lotus skin, that way, you get fashion frame and stalker skin that dosent effect your playstyle, and dont split the community with a PvP system that can be used to just troll people.

So Stalker mode as a replacement for PVP?

Where instead of pvp killing each other or Stalker hunting players... but more of a warframe vs warframe in the mission nodes?
Defending a point type missions would be hell.
Though it would need all players to have the same weapons if you want to balance it.

On 2018-11-19 at 6:23 AM, peterc3 said:

This is equally as lore ignoring and mentioning a DE only skin isn't helping.

well, i wouldn't say that, Umbra was our enemy, then we used Trancference to cure him of his pain... why wouldn't that work for him?

plus... i think having a stalker frame/ skin would be pretty good.

well... it would make sense to have a frame for him, since his abilities are different.

Il y a 1 heure, (XB1)Apexsea2004 a dit :

well, i wouldn't say that, Umbra was our enemy, then we used Trancference to cure him of his pain... why wouldn't that work for him?

plus... i think having a stalker frame/ skin would be pretty good.

well... it would make sense to have a frame for him, since his abilities are different.

Stalky is an Excalibur (so no point in having a skin of him) with a unique personality and set of abilities that are usualy found in other frames' kits. Just because his kit has more abilities than usual doesn't mean it makes sense to have him as our own Warframe.

As for the Shadow Stalky, it's basicaly the Umbra skin w/o the scarf and gold stuff, so nothing very unique there either. 

When DE showed us them becoming the Stalker at Tennocon 2018 I was wondering when are we gonna get this new game mod in the game. Today as I watched DKDiamantes Video about the Stalker game mode and he said he talked to DE Rebecca and Steve and how Rebecca said that its in developmental hell and Steve said no there just looking for away to implement it and have a lure so that it make sense. And I was thinking the best way to implement this into the game is with the The New war quest. The reason why I say this is because the Stalker is the only "Warframe" if you want to consider him as one because he got abilities, but a side from that, he's the only one that can cancel out/reset your abilities , so during this quest you become the Stalker. The reason why this would be a great idea is because the sentians can adapt to you attacks and abilities, but if your the Stalker you could reset that ability they have so you could kill them faster. The quest is about how the Tennocon reach out to the stalker for help (Stalker not dead Confirmed by DE if you watch DK video) to kill the lotus , so you set this bounty on the lotus so the Stalker could kill her and or capture her. So during this quest you become the Stalker. So after you finish this quest, you unlock this daily quest to become the Stalker. Game mode called: "Stalkers bounty" , to we're like the sorties, after you complete the day quest you get a reward from these bounty's. I think this would be the best way to implement the stalker game mod to we're it could mix in this next major quest we get. Share this to DE if you agree. And one last thing if you have the War, Hate, Dread, Despair you can use them modded and upgraded during this quest because these should be the only weapons I assume you could use during this quest beside at the end you sacrifice the sentian sword paracesis in some way, in order to get War,Hate,Dread,Depair Primed, and this would be a gift from Lotus for saving her or a gift from the Tenno for helping them complete this quest. Thanks for all who took there time to read and share this to DE, and leave comments if you agree or disagree with this in order to get the new stalker mode. 👍🤗

Eh, Stalker has no indication that he can reset sentient resistances, so that wouldn't be useful. Hell, he uses that himself, so I don't know why he'd have a way to negate himself. Plus he's already allied himself with Hunhow and the Sentients so there's that as well.

Edited by Atsia

14 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Eh, Stalker has no indication that he can reset sentient resistances, so that wouldn't be useful. Hell, he uses that himself, so I don't know why he'd have a way to negate himself. Plus he's already allied himself with Hunhow and the Sentients so there's that as well.

Yeah but this would be the best way to implement this in to that because new players to the game are gonna be wounder why is this guy in there game attacking them and or trolling them and their not in there squad, there's no other good way to in put this in to the game to people understanding why someone can become a stalker and attack them during a missing or trolling them by wasting their survival pods or destroying there defense pods.

As long as it isn't in some forced-PvP (along with rewards that are only obtainable from the PvP-aspect) nonsense, then I'm all for it.

Would be nice if there were better ways to get the Stalker weapons for those that still need them.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

As long as it isn't in some forced-PvP (along with rewards that are only obtainable from the PvP-aspect) nonsense, then I'm all for it.

Would be nice if there were better ways to get the Stalker weapons for those that still need them.

If you don't have the stalker weapons for the quest they will come pre-modded for the weapons you don't have and after you complete the quest you get I assume 1of the 4 primed weapons and from doing the stalker bounty's you could get a chance to get the other three primed weapons and or just buy the stalker primed bundle for what ever amount DE tends to sell it for play or currency. And the drops from stalker will still happen non-PvP or PvP

Edited by (XB1)One Option Here

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: This thread has been derailed so if someone wants to disscuss Optional Stalker Mode move here:

So we know Stalker Mode is coming but alot of players are concerned about exploits and problems regarding it.

So a list:

-mission objective must be immune to or take reduced damage from "player" Stalker

-Stalker must have some way of avoiding instant death (like opticor just after spawn) maybe Object type HP? Immune to crits?

-Stalker have to be able to deal with Atlas 1 spam and all other Invulnerable abilities (Valkir, Wukong etc.) 

-very new players should be impossible to invade (before they kill first boss they kinda are already)

-in last interview it was stated by DE that it will NOT be opt in/out so players can just turn "player stalkers" off, i agree with that but still new players and maybe solo should be impossible to invade,

-REWARDS have to be interesting and make at least some players want to farm them (not 1 cosmetic like in Conclave where you just farm it and most are done forever with game mode) ...even Forma and some credits would do as side rewards for win...

-Some unique game mode will most likely NOT happen as was stated in interviwe, it will be NORMAL Stalker/Shadow Stalker just controled by player

-Stalker should scale better into high lvl missions, (invading MOT would be pointless otherwise) as most endurence players will steam roll such poor guy.

-way to deal with Operators invincibility*

I belive alot of players love PvP and PvE meeting grounds which Stalker Mode could start and maybe we could see more players in Conclave (just like invasions in Dark Souls game are active TILL today!) 

Any other problems, suggestions guys?

Also without some good quest and lore it will not get introduced well into game so it is very important aspect.

Edited by Aramil999
Topic being derailed hard, link to new more concrete.

16 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Any other problems

Am I the only player who defeats the Stalker onehit with Operator? I mean...that's why I always thought Stalker Mode was just a prank or for fun on Stream.

If this really will come what should a Stalker do to me? I am invincible and he is not...so 100% winrate for me

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

3 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

Coz forcing pvp on People is such a Good idea

Many, MANY player Stalkers will be weaker that AI, looking at low rank Conclave players.

Skill needed to kill such Stalker will be mostly the same and even if you die just respawn or team will res you. 

This is not real problem.

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Am I the only player who defeats the Stalker onehit with Operator? I mean...that's why I always thought Stalker Mode was just a prank or for fun on Stream.

If this really will come what should a Stalker do to me? I am invincible and he is not...so 100% winrate for me

Good point! I forgot about that, I will edit it to the list.

Honestly, with how the game is set up, it's not going to work out to any decent degree unless they impose massive restrictions across the board. It's incredibly easy to constantly jump around the map and make it impossible for Stalker to do anything to do as most of his attacks are either slow projectiles or melee that require him to be on the ground. Only people that will be hit hard by this are the near-AFK players who hardly ever move.

16 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

So we know Stalker Mode is coming

No we don't.

I'm sorry but this is just not true. DE has NEVER said that they want to release it.

The facts are: Stalker mode is actually in the game. It has been for like two years. People at Tennocon (both years, afaik) have been able to play it.

DE hasn't released it and has not announced any plans to release it, because it has problems. Do you think that your problem list is in any way new? DE has known of these problems, and more, for two years. They have looked at the problems and said: "yeah no let's not release it, it's a cute thing for a novelty but it's not feasible".

And if you listen at the interview with DE Scott, you'll find him only listing the problems of Stalker mode - speculating on how to solve them, but highlighting that no solution is without added problems.

So it's not coming and please let's stop fuelling these speculations like "it's coming" until DE announces something official, which they have never done and probably will never do.

1 minute ago, Aramil999 said:

@Flandyrll normal Stalker has good ranged weapons, I honestly have no idea about Shadow Stalker (he has this slow waves only?) so he should get some good ranged gun YES

They are both projectile weapons, Dread and Despair, a bow and a throwing star. If you've tried to shoot people during a Radiation sortie(I do it whenever someone hits me and tries to run off), even with regular hitscan weapons it's not an easy task. Conclave slows down a lot of things which is why it works but in regular gameplay, good luck trying to get that Sword Wave to hit anyone besides the guy sitting still, spamming abilities.