Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Need An Opt Out For Stalker Mode?

BloodKitten

7 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

I did suggest at least 1 option so far:

1. In special Stalker Nodes you will farm resources used normaly in game or/and special currency used to buy/craft Stalker Cosmetics or maybe stalker beacons which will allow you to invade. In such missions you will get invaded by player stalkers who farmed said beacons.

2. If it was introduced with pure DE Scott idea (forced invasion, normal missions, normal stalker) player Stalker should drop unique items/resources/currency used to craft/buy cosmetics and maybe beacons used to invade. This way there will always be more players "farming" stalker than being stalker (as they have to farm him first to invade). Maybe add feature that you will not lose your invasion beacon/item unless you kill target? There are many solutions.

You seem to be missing a very important point.  If I'm playing solo to avoid PvP, why would I need resources for Invading other players?  Resources used to craft an Invade beacon are worthless to me.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I can say the same if you are not okay with and I am then you force me to accept as a major fact We as community does not want it. I personally not bothered with it and not make a significant impact on the game play except we could get some more challenge and prove yourself you are better than your opponent. You and others who does not want you can say it is okay for you the game is pve only and I don't have a problem with that too. DE will decide if it can be implented or just scrap the idea. Without test in the reality how it works say anything is just useless. Let's see if they wish to implement it and how they will. If they mess it up then you have the right to critize it and give a feedback or if you were lucky then you maybe never will meet a player stalker.

I don't give a flying Clem about being better or worse than another player's virtual avatar in a limited game environment. But you're wasting my time if you're attacking me, and I care about that.

Plus, I never said I'm against the mode. I'm against it being forced upon us. If I can opt out, then I don't care one bit. But the moment I'm forced to engage competitively with another player without my consent, the game can go eff itself.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Have you lost your mind with this suggestion of monetizing the option to avoid being invaded by Player Stalker?  This is why almost every game being made out there is PvP based because Dev and publishers know it's a fast cash grab.  There is no other reason than this for way we have so many PvP games in the recent years of gaming history.  

Pvp in games not for money mostly but the devs know this is the only one option to fresh a game if their AI cannot do the job well. A well executed pvp is a good source of challenge because you can prove yourself in a different situation what you can not get when you play pve. Don't get me wrong I am not lobbying for pvp into pve but this one stuff is not a big deal what peoples want to made out be. There is not so much difference to kill a player stalker than a stupid ai. At least the player stalker will move a lot more to avoid my shots. It is only on reflexes and tactic.

I'm fine with a stalker mode. Its not like getting downed once hurts anyone.

At best its a minor inconvenience. The issue I'm wondering is how they can make the stalker not get rekt by 4 tenno but not be OP at the same time.

On second thought. Being a fan of lore, I'm not sure this fits in well.

Edited by Chaemyerelis

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

You sem to be missing a very important point.  If I'm playing solo to avoid PvP, why would I need resources for Invading other players?  Resources used to craft an Invade beacon are worthless to me.  

Cosmetics? Did you read it? It is general suggestion. I said stalker cosmetics, items, invasion beacons. Maybe new Stalker weapons etc. but cosmetics could be best because players who hate pvp would not mind only cosmetics being locked behind this mode.

However if such PvP+PvE mode is uninteresting to such PvE only player is it not even better? See the point? Only players interested in PvP would play it.

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I don't give a flying Clem about being better or worse than another player's virtual avatar in a limited game environment. But you're wasting my time if you're attacking me, and I care about that.

Plus, I never said I'm against the mode. I'm against it being forced upon us. If I can opt out, then I don't care one bit. But the moment I'm forced to engage competitively with another player without my consent, the game can go eff itself.

I am not attacking you and the game is actually a full of force to do missions and quests what I dont like. No matter if that is pve or pvp I do not like some game mode so I just skip them or finish it wast and say goodbye to them. This is not different only in a small part. Ask DE what they wish to do or give suggestions or feedbacks what they do instead. I am not forcing it to anyone but I don't see this as a big problem. 

Edited by Sziklamester

3 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I'm fine with a stalker mode. Its not like getting downed once hurts anyone.

At best its a minor inconvenience. The issue I'm wondering is how they can make the stalker not get rekt by 4 tenno but not be OP at the same time.

Yes, this was main objective of this thread, but too many haters are derailing topic...

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, to make this clear: People who like the idea of Stalker mode are saying that folks who do not like the idea and would opt out are harming their game experience.

Lads. Get some perspective. You’re not supposed to be entitled to harass other players.

Where? Who? Wtf? No.

I prefer to fight pvp players than to stomp pve noobs. Where is fun in it?

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, to make this clear: People who like the idea of Stalker mode are saying that folks who do not like the idea and would opt out are harming their game experience.

Lads. Get some perspective. You’re not supposed to be entitled to harass other players.

DE harassed me with their operators and ruined my headcanon, back in time you and some others said accept it and stop cry about it. Now what is the difference? Peoples not cry about beign harassed by a stupid feature called AI but feel harrassed when a living person do this whom force them to use their brains. Well.

I personally would not be the stalker - just the prey whom will kick their ass. Let's see if the idea can be made or they will shelve it.

Edited by Sziklamester

1 minute ago, Aramil999 said:

Cosmetics? Did you read it? It is general suggestion. I said stalker cosmetics, items, invasion beacons. Maybe new Stalker weapons etc. but cosmetics could be best because players who hate pvp would not mind only cosmetics being locked behind this mode.

However if such PvP+PvE mode is uninteresting to such PvE only player is it not even better? See the point? Only players interested in PvP would play it.

And this avoids the problem that was mentioned by DE Scott. If it's not forced, then almost everyone would opt-out.  If everyone opted out of it, then the whole mode would just be a waste of Dev resources.  So in essence the mode must be forced in order to not only not waste Dev resources but also so the mode isn't Dead On Arrival.  

I already have al the Stalker cosmetics, gear, and rivens for each Stalker weapon.  What does this mode offer me that I haven't already gotten before this mode for being forced into it?  Nothing, unless you can come up with something worthwhile.  

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

DE harassed me with their operators and ruined my headcanon, back in time you and some others said accept it and stop cry about it. Now what is the difference? Peoples not cry about beign harassed by a stupid feature called AI but feel harrassed when a living person do this whom force them to use their brains. Well.

“I am still mad about Operators ruining my headcanon, and I want DE to make it up to me by giving me the right to grief other players.”

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

I am not attacking you and the game is actually a full of force to do missions and quests what I dont like. No matter if that is pve or pvp I do not like some game mode so I just skip them or finish it wast and say goodbye to them. This is not different only in a small part. Ask DE what they wish to do or give suggestions or feedbacks what they do instead. I am not forcing it to anyone but I don't see this as a big problem. 

Last I checked, the game does not force you to do anything except the tutorial quest. From that point on, you can basically ignore every single node, every single quest, everything, and just do what you want. There are mastery locks, yeah, but that's character progression. Other than that, you can just taxi everywhere and reach MR26 without actively going out of your way to complete any single node in the game.

Meanwhile, some random player dropping into my mission without my consent while I'm just there to test a new build, level a new weapon or just mess around is unacceptable. They don't belong into my game, yet I am forced to have them there and deal with their bullsh*t. I did not sign up for this. The game is advertised as a Co-op PvE Horde Looter Shooter. That's what I came here to do, that's what I wanna do, and PvP-ers have no right to ruin my experience.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

And this avoids the problem that was mentioned by DE Scott. If it's not forced, then almost everyone would opt-out.  If everyone opted out of it, then the whole mode would just be a waste of Dev resources.  So in essence the mode must be forced in order to not only not waste Dev resources but also so the mode isn't Dead On Arrival.  

I already have al the Stalker cosmetics, gear, and rivens for each Stalker weapon.  What does this mode offer me that I haven't already gotten before this mode for being forced into it?  Nothing, unless you can come up with something worthwhile.  

Beign challenged and not think about he is just a shopmarkt. 😄

This is what you can get from a player stalker.

That just it devs version can not be skip you can not jus avoid it. And that the main problem most are having with it. If there any option there no problem it. Thing is if not enough people use it or be apart of it its becomes a forgotten mode...hence where DE is at with this either outrage for force out in or dead on arrival game mode  

If people really want stalker mode do it like those horror base games where its 4 players and a killer...make it interesting and boom there you go. Just dont make it a force thing.

Which is what it’s always gonna come back to:

If it’s such an amazing idea that so many people will love, what’s the problem with making it opt in/out?

If you reckon that making it optional means that it’ll be a dead game mode, then surely that means that most people just do not want it, no?

What I can get from a Player Stalker is a lot of free time to spend on other games.  I am NOT INTERESTED in fighting another player.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Last I checked, the game does not force you to do anything except the tutorial quest. From that point on, you can basically ignore every single node, every single quest, everything, and just do what you want. There are mastery locks, yeah, but that's character progression. Other than that, you can just taxi everywhere and reach MR26 without actively going out of your way to complete any single node in the game.

Meanwhile, some random player dropping into my mission without my consent while I'm just there to test a new build, level a new weapon or just mess around is unacceptable. They don't belong into my game, yet I am forced to have them there and deal with their bullsh*t. I did not sign up for this. The game is advertised as a Co-op PvE Horde Looter Shooter. That's what I came here to do, that's what I wanna do, and PvP-ers have no right to ruin my experience.

For the progression you need to do everything if you want reach the highest levels not in mastery but in items, cosmetics, finished quests and reputation. Taxi is not an option anymore and I never liked taxing or carried because I personally enjoy to play my liked missions. Taxi is for example removed basically by the junction addition to make a progress scale to newer players to actually not get everything in days but keep them in the game for long times. We can say this is a way to force but it called progression so it sounds better.

As I said it is not a big deal and I personally not against the idea but I can see why others not want it. It is dependant on how they flesh it out and what options be there. Also I do not want force others to accept it it is your opinion I have mine so we are just talk about here. If they wish they will add it or just add as a side addition but then less people will use it so they just waste rescources. They need to try to do something because they cannot speed up the pve part progress and add what peoples wish so they want to cater newbies, advanced players and veterans alike. They cannot pleases everyone but they certainly want to add challenge to the game and the pvp is a form of it because a human smarter than an AI. 

On 2018-12-04 at 4:31 AM, Aramil999 said:

-in last interview it was stated by DE that it will NOT be opt in/out so players can just turn "player stalkers" off, i agree with that but still new players and maybe solo should be impossible to invade,

I think we need some validation of this and to talk about the thought process, because making it opt-in or opt-out would not only change the nature of things but solve most of the other problems discussed.

Some of us are more than happy to get swarmed by stalkers, why not give us dozens while people who aren't interested don't get pounced when they're focused on something else?

I play solo and main bows for almost everything.  Do I sound like some one looking for challenge that I can't make for myself?  

Now think about this seriously for a bit.  I play solo or with dedicated friends only because I highly dislike randoms on the internet in general.  This is what I came to the game for and why I like it.  So, what benefit do I or similar minded people get for having our blissful PvE experience changed by forced PvP.  

Now don't get me wrong in thinking that I'm all against PvP in general.  It has it's place and has plenty of game available to satisfy that need.  It's just that there are fewer true PvE experiences or games being made now a days and those of us who enjoy them as such would like for them to stay that way.  

2 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

What I can get from a Player Stalker is a lot of free time to spend on other games.  I am NOT INTERESTED in fighting another player.

It is up to you and maybe they won't add it. I guess you have personal experiences about player versus player as I have on dota2 but that's not bothers me because in the end we play a virtual battle what has nothing to do with me and there is no any impact on my life. Log off when enough then try the next one.

If you enjoy the stupid ai then it is up to you the devs not forced you yet to do it and we will see if they wish to do.

3 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

I think we need some validation of this and to talk about the thought process, because making it opt-in or opt-out would not only change the nature of things but solve most of the other problems discussed.

Some of us are more than happy to get swarmed by stalkers, why not give us dozens while people who aren't interested don't get pounced when they're focused on something else?

Because, according to [DE]Scott's response in the Tactical Potato video:  If they make it optional then nearly everyone will turn it off, and the only valid Stalker targets would be newbies who don't know the setting exists yet.  If it's optional, it becomes like every *other* PVP mode in this game.  Dead.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I play solo and main bows for almost everything.  Do I sound like some one looking for challenge that I can't make for myself?  

Now think about this seriously for a bit.  I play solo or with dedicated friends only because I highly dislike randoms on the internet in general.  This is what I came to the game for and why I like it.  So, what benefit do I or similar minded people get for having our blissful PvE experience changed by forced PvP.  

Now don't get me wrong in thinking that I'm all against PvP in general.  It has it's place and has plenty of game available to satisfy that need.  It's just that there are fewer true PvE experiences or games being made now a days and those of us who enjoy them as such would like for them to stay that way.  

I don't get you wrong and you have the right to play solo because you choosed your way to play the game. I do the same with operators because I feel these kids annoying and I decided to skip all the contents what requires it. Personal choice and I won't change my mind about it. 

They could improve the pvp experience if they actually invest into servers and make a different balanced game mode which is a spin off of the main game. The stalker pvp in my opinion is not a big deal because it won't takes so long and some will goes down but that's all it is a 5-10 min max pain for the stalker or the player but gives some challenge.

I do my in game challenges on the pace how I like and how I would like to do and that is fine to me. I am not against this mode but not asking for it it is actually dependant on DE but I won't leave the game if they add it. I personally like the game enough to not leave it because of some addition.

Internet also full with morons and in real life as on the internet I do the same what you not like but not dislike but avoid most of them. Overall I am a lonewolf type of player in any game what I played but sometimes if I needs I do team ups.

For my satisfy I need a good amount of loot and exploration I mainly here for that.

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Exactly, right on the spot, bravo, amazing, increadible, couldnt have worded it better myself! You summed it up perfectly why Stalker mode is a complete waste of time and resources if it isnt forced. And if it happens to be forced it will instead drive away players.

There is no good end-solution to Stalker mode really because either it is forced or it ends up DoA as a waste of time and resources.

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Because, according to [DE]Scott's response in the Tactical Potato video:  If they make it optional then nearly everyone will turn it off, and the only valid Stalker targets would be newbies who don't know the setting exists yet.  If it's optional, it becomes like every *other* PVP mode in this game.  Dead.

Yeah, I don't think this is an even vaguely correct assumption.