Omg... Nidus is insane.. !

Marakai

I just got Nidus yesterday and omfg- he is insane. I leveled him up yesterday, used potatoe and did no forma build - Steel Fiber 9, Vitality 9, Adaptiation 10, Hunter Adrenaline, Transistent Fort, Augur Reach + Stretch and Intensify. Took my Zarr + Zakti went straight to ESO. I had Arcane Guardian 3 and Avenger 3 on me (I don't have Grace) + Carrier with Medi-Ray.

Well, around zone 6 my Carrier died and on zone 7 all my teammates left. Then I was standing in the middle of zone 8 and 9 aaaanddd.... I couldn't die. I just used Link on one tougher enemy (which even with 75% duration lasts like 40 seconds?) cast my 4 and I just couldn't die. Then it was just 2->1,1,1 and sometimes Zarr. Even without Arcane Grace and with my Carrier dead, standing in the middle of map- I could not die. Not even once I was in undying state.

That is without some mods on rank 10, without exilus mod slot used, without any forma or Umbral mods.

NIDUS IS INSANE! And he plays really well with my 4-Forma Zarr with his 2. So glad I finally got him :)))))

Edited by Marakai

5 minutes ago, Destiny2BestWFgey said:

He's great for endurance runs. For normal content...ehh, kinda meh. 

Hm, so far I only played him for 2 days but:

For solo ESO he is easy mode. He is not as efficient as Saryn or Volt when it comes to clearing map but he can't die when he can also wipe out huge group of enemeis.

For solo survival, mobile defense and defense he is great as well, again, you can't die and you kill group of enemies super fast. 

For capture, assassination, rescue, spy etc. - he is meh, because those missions are about being fast and smooth. 

For Sorties- same as above.Depends on type

Edited by Marakai

He's so underrated it's criminal. You can do everything with him, he just suffers in teams where he can't build himself up. If the devs only could listen to the numerous suggestions made to make him work better with teammates, I would play with others more when I use Nidus, instead of going solo most of the time. He just doesn't play well with others because he needs to feed by killing stuff, which ultimately makes others Nidus' biggest weakness, when his 3 and 4 bring great advantages to teammates. He's a giver, while most frames are just takers.

Edited by Marthrym

2 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

He's so underrated it's criminal. You can do everything with him, he just suffers in teams where he can't build himself up. If the devs only could listen to the numerous suggestions made to make him work better with teammates, I would play with others more when I use Nidus, instead of going solo most of the time. He just doesn't play well with others because he needs to feed by killing stuff, which ultimately makes others Nidus' biggest weakness, when his 3 and 4 bring great advantages to teammates. He's a giver, while most frames are just takers.

Agree, I have same problem with him as with harrow. Each time I try to do defense mission with him- there is always that one atterax-maiming strike guy who spin around whole map killing everything and I can't build Nidus at all. Not as that matter that much as normal content (by that I mean up to level 80) I can just use link + one-shot everything with zarr, but it's not fun.

Harrow is the same. I try to take him as support and I can't heal my teammates cause they all kill everything fast and then they die from Nox toxin, cause I couldn't dps anything.

So yeah, I will probably take Nidus only for solo.

At least he works well in ESO even with Saryn or Volt in team because enemeis spawn so often and in big numbers that I have no problems building 70 stacks by zone 6-7 and 99 for 8-9.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Try an overextended all range build with minimum duration. It's like playing katamari on ultra easy.

I was thinking about it but to offset Overextended I would have to use Blind Rage + Transistent/Intensify and I don't like to lose Efficiency on Nidus so I prefer to keep him at 100% and not wasting slot on Streamline. 

Right now with Growing power + Exilus + 15% Power (once I forma Nidus one or two times to fit Power Drift) I will be sitting at 75% duration, 100% efficiency, 175% range and around 210-235% (growing power) Strength. Maybe in future I will slap Umbra mods instead of Steel Fiber, Vitality and intensify but that is looooong from being done as I yet have to do main quest for umbra mods.

So far it's enough for anything up to level 200 (and probably much more but I don't like sitting in endurance runs more than 200/250 enemies as I get bored).

Edited by Marakai

Nidus does okay for solo missions, and long duration endurance runs.  The problem is that he needs to devour enemies.  And it's hard to devour enemies if your team mates keep killing them before you can nom them to build stacks.  Especially since some people will deliberately target the enemies that your Larva burst has gathered up before you can stomp them to death.  And then there's just the general issue of everyone else running around with Ignis, Arca Plasmor, or other frames that can nuke large areas more quickly than Nidus can.

He's a fun frame.  I like him, but there are drawbacks to how he works.

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

Nidus does okay for solo missions, and long duration endurance runs.  The problem is that he needs to devour enemies.  And it's hard to devour enemies if your team mates keep killing them before you can nom them to build stacks.  Especially since some people will deliberately target the enemies that your Larva burst has gathered up before you can stomp them to death.  And then there's just the general issue of everyone else running around with Ignis, Arca Plasmor, or other frames that can nuke large areas more quickly than Nidus can.

He's a fun frame.  I like him, but there are drawbacks to how he works.

^ this 

8 minutes ago, Marakai said:

I was thinking about it but to offset Overextended I would have to use Blind Rage + Transistent/Intensify and I don't like to lose Efficiency on Nidus so I prefer to keep him at 100% and not wasting slot on Streamline. 

Right now with Growing power + Exilus + 15% Power (once I forma Nidus one or two times to fit Power Drift) I will be sitting at 75% duration, 100% efficiency, 175% range and around 210-235% (growing power) Strength. Maybe in future I will slap Umbra mods instead of Steel Fiber, Vitality and intensify but that is looooong from being done as I yet have to do main quest for umbra mods.

So far it's enough for anything up to level 200 (and probably much more but I don't like sitting in endurance runs more than 200/250 enemies as I get bored).

Actually negative efficiency can be a good thing for Nidus.

His 1 works that 25% of the energy used to cast it is refunded by each enemy hit which becomes a net gain if you're hitting more than 4. So, with less efficiency, you can actually gain more energy. Counter-intuitive, but potentially very useful.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

On pug strength builds rage is a must for me to offset the lack of efficiency. No good at levels where enemies can one shot you though, but it does take a lot to kill Nidus. Its less of a problem when soloing though as its easy to hit 4+ enemies with your 1, but squads of vets ruin your fun a ton lol

I use Hunter Adrenaline instead of Rage.

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

Agree, I have same problem with him as with harrow. Each time I try to do defense mission with him- there is always that one atterax-maiming strike guy who spin around whole map killing everything and I can't build Nidus at all. Not as that matter that much as normal content (by that I mean up to level 80) I can just use link + one-shot everything with zarr, but it's not fun.

Harrow is the same. I try to take him as support and I can't heal my teammates cause they all kill everything fast and then they die from Nox toxin, cause I couldn't dps anything.

So yeah, I will probably take Nidus only for solo.

At least he works well in ESO even with Saryn or Volt in team because enemeis spawn so often and in big numbers that I have no problems building 70 stacks by zone 6-7 and 99 for 8-9.

So if your teammates kill everything, then they really don't need you...

If you want to heal and remove status effects, it would be much more grofitable if you'd bring Oberon instead of Nidus or Harrow to PuGs. 🙂

Just now, Orgoon said:

So if your teammates kill everything, then they really don't need you...

If you want to heal and remove status effects, it would be much more grofitable if you'd bring Oberon instead of Nidus or Harrow to PuGs. 🙂

With all due respect that doesn't bring anything to the point of my post: that harrow, being described as support, is badly designed as support. While I understand Nidus- he is clearly a solo frame, Harrow is support. So if support abilities have problem to work with team (and supports are suppose to work with others) due to design- "bring another frame" instead is not a solution to this problem.

And I don't like Oberon. I am not fun of nature-theme things. 

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

Snip

Well with a range build it's not like you'll be killing with powers most of the times (i'd still stomp to bulid up stacks but that's that). I mean, when everyone is jumbled up in 1 spot, a good lenz shot is all you need:clem:.

It's a mostly supportive build that'll speed  up things, but yeah it's a "fun" build more than anything. 

Edit : i kinda forgot you were talking about efficiency loss.. since you won't be needing blind rage, you really don't need to compensate for efficiency in the frist place.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

37 minutes ago, Marakai said:

With all due respect that doesn't bring anything to the point of my post: that harrow, being described as support, is badly designed as support. While I understand Nidus- he is clearly a solo frame, Harrow is support. So if support abilities have problem to work with team (and supports are suppose to work with others) due to design- "bring another frame" instead is not a solution to this problem.

And I don't like Oberon. I am not fun of nature-theme things. 

Yes it does bring, because I told you one solution to your problem. It's another problem that you don't want to accept it, because "you don't like Oberon".

Both Nidus and Harrow are support frames, since both directly interfere with other frames attributes (energy and health) and both work very well in PuGs, coordinated teams and solo, if you know how to play them.

If you can't take Nox down either as Nidus or Harrow, you have still have room for improvement. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Orgoon said:

Yes it does bring, because I told you one solution to your problem. It's another problem that you don't want to accept it, because "you don't like Oberon".

Both Nidus and Harrow are support frames, since both directly interfere with other frames attributes (energy and health) and both work very well in PuGs, coordinated teams and solo, if you know how to play them.

If you can't take Nox down either as Nidus or Harrow, you have still have room for improvement. 🙂 

Problem lies in Harrow second ability design. Bringing another frame instead does not solve ability problems.

I didn't say anthing about not being able to take Nox down. Please read with caution before replying. I said that team mates kill enemies faster than I can heal them or remove their statuses as Harrow therefore manytimes they die from Nox poison because there was nothing left for me to regen their HP with. 

Also seems like it's best we agree to disagree and stop this off-top.

5 minutes ago, Marakai said:

Problem lies in Harrow second ability design. Bringing another frame instead does not solve ability problems.

I didn't say anthing about not being able to take Nox down. Please read with caution before replying. I said that team mates kill enemies faster than I can heal them or remove their statuses as Harrow therefore manytimes they die from Nox poison because there was nothing left for me to regen their HP with. 

Also seems like it's best we agree to disagree and stop this off-top.

If you can kill Nox, how come they're dying from him? And further, if there's nothing left for you to kill, how come they're dying again?

2 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

If you can kill Nox, how come they're dying from him? And further, if there's nothing left for you to kill, how come they're dying again?

Um, you know Nox release a toxic cloud upon his death and on higher levels this cloud can easly kill squishy frames in few seconds? Especially if they already were damaged or have low HP pool. And if there are no enemeis around for me as harrow to damage- I don't restore teammates hp. 

If that is clear- can we return to topic?

Edited by Marakai