Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 120 - Response

CuteFoxyFox

So first of all I really liked the stream and would like to give some feedback on frames and equipment we got V_V

1 - Baruuk

His design looks cool. Abilities are well well made.

Buuut I hope his 4 will have more damage as we will be able to mod his Fists as exalted weapon.

Also hope they can make ground and standing finishers. Cuz If not... pulling enemies is kinda useless in this scenario

And sleeping enemies will miss on their daily finishers 😜

2- Titania

The biggest issue I had with titania is still here. Why WHY lantern targets are still allowed to fly into the space?

Please make them hover close to the ground or smth. This is annoying to get them down and recasting the ability is always some energy cost i could spent on few more secs in my fairy mode.

Also getting 4 buffs for 1 second ability cast is... weird? Like... If octavia got all of the buffs for jumping... it would feel weird.

3 - Nyx

Was never a fan of her, never played her... BUT after seeing the changes, first time in my life I would like to play her! ^_^

BUT can we br able to use operator during Nyx is in her ultimate? This would encourage people to use operators aaaaand make playing Nyx even more strategic I think.

4- Garuda

I just wanna mention her here because. She still needs some tweaks and I hope you are not forgeting about her just because Baruuk is being released.

Her 1st ability - Let the jump do damage! Stabing enemies with big claws to just make them fall? Come on. Let it have Talons Finisher damage to encourage people to mod her talons and make them usefull in her kit a bit more.

2nd ability - Doesnt have problems with it

3rd ability - Can we get some armor buff or smth? Just to help Garuda survive when she is on the low HP

4th ability - Still a bit sloooow and still not as good on damage. This really depends if this deals damage... would add something here but cant specify what.

Passive - Well how many ppl screamed to change it 😛 For now buffs from it are none soooo maybe a little tweak here 😛

5 - Wukong

Really happy to se new skin and plans for rework

Just want to point out some things. Remember that his Staff doesnt deal damage it just ragdolls enemies so keep that in mind that It would need some damage pass or some other ability to finish enemies on the ground.

Cloud walker is cool but slow. If it had some other use and be faster it would be super cool. Maybe think about some inspiration from Wukong from Smite game? Its moba game but i think they made wukong preety well. Im talking about his ultimate in Smite - He sits on the cloud sending a clone and after some time he jumps down and his 1st ability allows him to slam the ground with his staff. It would be cool to finish enemies like that. First you push them to the ground with 4 and finish up with high damage slam on 1st ability. Just my ideas. Really happy to see the changes coming :3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also some additional comments unrelated with Frames:

- Arch guns would really really use new mods

- Hope to see arch melee on the ground as well!

- Mesa prime looks cool as all of her eq

Also

Yes add tails syandanas into the game or more frames with tails or fur :3 😄

23:01  :3

30:12 Yaas!

30:45 Fur on frames!

Also maybe some fox themed frame since we have Fish, deer, cat, frog etc? 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Merry Christmas 😄

6 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

4th ability - Still a bit sloooow and still not as good on damage. This really depends if this deals damage... would add something here but cant specify what.

Passive - Well how many ppl screamed to change it 😛 For now buffs from it are none soooo maybe a little tweak here 😛

I hope her Passive gets looked at and her 4th, it works better for dealing damage at the lower levels. At the higher ones, it makes her 1 or your Weapons have a Guarantee chance of Procing Slash on enemies. So if you combine her 1 with her 4 if you have built up plenty of energy, she can kill lvl 160+ Corrupted Heavy Gunner in three bleed ticks and that enemy have 252K+ Health. It can work if your Weapon have Elemental Damage too like Hunter Munitions but unlike Hunter Munitions, you don’t have to rely on crits to just proc slash and you have a 70% higher chance of procing slash.

5 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

for dealing damage at the lower levels

Defenietly agree. It doesnt do much on high levels. It would be cool to have % damage on it.

6 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

At the higher ones, it makes her 1 or your Weapons have a Guarantee chance of Procing Slash on enemies.

Yes I know about that. I play tested a lot of mods and combos on Garuda but still this is unsatysfing! She stabs enemies with big claws just to... knock them down... I would not be mad if she kicked or smth but still it can deal Talons damage. Cuz why not? We can leave all of the stuff 1 have now just add any damage to it.

1 hour ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

1 - Baruuk

When we saw Baruuch, it's likely that his Fists were un-modded, so they were only doing base + Ability Strength damage to allow them to show off the CC functions more. If they were fully modded, then they would have had to go to much higher level to really show off that kind of thing.

2- Titania

I think you missed a bit, they specifically said that Lantern enemies are more 'tethered'. That's why we're now being allowed to create 4 of them, because they will stay more-or-less where they were put.

3 - Nyx

Not likely to get the Operator mode while using her 4, because it still is an ability where you want to be more specific about how much damage you're letting in and how much you want to deal out. That, along with the fixed animation of it, will likely prevent Operator mode. The Augment, on the other hand, might. But that augment has already been severely limited about how fast it can move, and Operators (at full-rank) are capable of moving at extreme kinds of speeds with their dashes, so the ability to re-position a Nyx instantly for the damage to have more effect is possibly not the kind of exploit they want to use.

4- Garuda

The jump does damage, in fact it flat-out kills enemies that are below 40% health, at any level.

3 is supposed to be a risk, why would they add more survivability when it's supposed to be a risky move?

4 is not supposed to deal a lot of damage on its own, if you're trying to use it to deal damage without following up, you're missing out on the absolute biggest part of this frame. That being the time that enemies are then marked for Bleeds to proc on any damage taken, and if you hit 201% Strength on her, this is guaranteed. (in short, no matter what you use on them, you're creating Bleed procs). If you want a nuke combo, let her 1's orb charge up from damage blocked by the shield, the orb can stay permanently, even if your shield vanishes, so just keep re-casting, use 4 on your enemies, and then charge up the orb (it gains 50% damage per second, based on its current amount, so use as much as you think you might want). As long as you have that mark from her 4 on the enemies, with 201% power strength, that orb will inflict a guaranteed bleed for massive numbers.

The numbers I've seen on this will kill enemies up to 300+ with the bleed damage, it's one of the most satisfying combos in the game to pull off.

5 - Wukong

You know that his Iron Jab has double the base damage of abilities like Fireball right?

But other than that, put a pin in the thoughts, we can't really give feedback until they tell us what direction they're trying to go.

@Thaylien

Players already have access to their operator when using the augment to Nyx's 4. If the increased explosion radius is the concern for operator access with an un-augmented 4, DE could change how transference functions while her un-augmented 4 is active: Instead of the frame coming to the operator, the operator will return to the frame similar to a "death" occurrence.

30 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

When we saw Baruuch, it's likely that his Fists were un-modded

I think they said it will be possibility to mod them

30 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

The jump does damage, in fact it flat-out kills enemies that are below 40% health, at any level.

3 is supposed to be a risk, why would they add more survivability when it's supposed to be a risky move?

It deals low damage, very low dmg compared to similar abilites like 3 ash or smth and stop with "execution below 40%" By that you are saying it will be easy for you to take down this 60% of health AND you would use this skill instead of just shoting the enemy?

3... why add more survability? Well try to play her on sortie or sanctuary than I think you may get an answer. Even with her 2 its hard to keep the health up.

33 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

You know that his Iron Jab has double the base damage of abilities like Fireball right?

I know and wukong is getting rework so it wasnt functioning well, wasnt it? 😄

I think they said it will be possibility to mod them

Of course they will, what I meant was that the damage wasn't indicative of what the ability can probably achieve, so the comment about being underwhelmed by its damage may have been unfounded.

It deals low damage, very low dmg compared to similar abilites like 3 ash or smth and stop with "execution below 40%" By that you are saying it will be easy for you to take down this 60% of health AND you would use this skill instead of just shoting the enemy?

It isn't supposed to deal high damage, that was made clear when they gave us the full rundown of the frame's abilities and again at release, but considering that you can get enemies down to 40% without a lot of effort at most levels, and that certain game modes, like the Arbitrations, have radial damage sources that reduce enemy health before you even see them, mean that an instant kill while also replenishing your shield's duration and adding to the damage of your orb is not a bad trade-off for not 'just shooting' them.

3... why add more survability? Well try to play her on sortie or sanctuary than I think you may get an answer. Even with her 2 its hard to keep the health up.

I... have? Including multiple solo runs on survivals to multi-hour and team runs at all levels. Why would you presume that I wouldn't have?

Her survivability comes in the same way that a lot of other frames does; by having a small amount of mitigation (her 1) and then actively not getting shot by correct placement, mobility, the built-in DR that some movements like Rolling gives us (75% is nothing to sniff at). Or, funnily enough, by playing with your team, so that active CC techniques have a function.

So, no, considering that an Ember can keep up in Sortie and Sanctuary and Arbitrations without getting too embarrassed, and she literally has no options for defense or restoration at all, I don't think that there should be added survivability on Garuda's 3.

It's exactly as I said; a risk/reward ability. If you want Energy an an immediate 50% boost to your damage, then you're going to be at half health with exactly the same DR as you had before.

I know and wukong is getting rework so it wasnt functioning well, wasnt it? 😄

Actually, just because the frame is getting reworked doesn't mean any specific ability wasn't functioning or that the frame wasn't playable. Saryn functioned, Excal functioned, Frost, Oberon, Zephyr, Mirage, Volt, Atlas, and all thirty of the frames that have had reworks so far all functioned, and functioned well in a lot of cases.

What the reworks are often for is to change the purpose of their abilities to make the overall frame do something else that will also function. The way that Saryn's Spores were changed from Viral (something you apply once and can only refresh) to Corrosive, something you have to apply multiple times to fully function, in order to help it deal more damage and negate the 'spore/toxin' burst mechanics of the past, is a great example. They removed a problematic nuke by making it a self-containing over-time damage ability that contains a debuff for the most tanky enemies, and she still has the ability to half enemy health at will.

So Iron Jab may not even be fully reworked, they may just give it a damage zone that includes its casting distance instead of only a radius from the end of the pole.

What we know isn't functioning well on Wukong is the massive disparity between how good his 2 is and how bad his 3 is, plus the well-documented fact that the base functions of Primal Rage are terrible, with the staff having the base range of a sword, not the same as pole-arms, and that even the range-boosting of the ability doesn't actually improve it to the right kind of state until you have far more going on, and to top it off he only has one functioning combo that you can repeat.

Iron Jab needs a tweak, Cloud Walker and Primal Rage need reworks. Ask DEMonkey, he's the expert.