Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher stuck at checking for new content

Salfix

this happened to me like , 3 days ago and it goes like this 
 - so i booted the game normally , 10 mb update finished it , and got into the game , i was setting up my mods and stuff and then for some reason i got a blue screen and my pc crashed , then i rebooted my pc and launched warframe , and it comes to this ; am stuck at "checking for new content"

now , what i suspected was that the files got corrupted , but thats not the case , since i did both " verifying download cache" (wich also gets stuck btwand i left it for like , 6 hours and nothing happened) and i also tried reinstalling the whole thing and still stuck on the checking for new content , so no , its not bcz the files got corrupted
   so , after looking into the internet , ppl that had this problem were all saying the same things ; -its either u reboot the launcher(doesnt work)  -enable warframe in the firewall(doesnt work) -reinstall(doesnt work) therefore i thought to myself maybe its bcz of my computer since all the complaints about this error were old , but only to find out that others still get this problem after updates even lately just like u , am still trying to find a solution , i just hope this gets fixed

I was in another city not in my home and internet was awful. I did come back home in Thursday and when I open the launcher it did download 2 mb after that problem was solved 🙂 I think problem is from internet. I did read that people are using vpn to solve this problem but I didnt try that. I hope you can solve your problem too.

• 2 years later...

my specific situation
*never faced this problem before
*started after sister of parvos update
*no changes to pc, no driver updates
*happens randomly, one day it'll work, then get stuck in launcher, then randomly work again
*updates to game doesn't change anything
*reinstalling temporarily fixes it, but it randomly pops up again

the issue itself
*basically the launcher doesn't seem to use the disk at all when checking if it needs to update anything, seen in task manager disk usage

the fix
*obviously it may vary for everyone, BUT for me I've consistently managed to get it running again after doing a disk defragment on c (windows installation) drive
*i don't know why that works, steam library isn't even in that folder

On 2021-07-11 at 1:06 AM, Cephalon_Addison said:

my specific situation
*never faced this problem before
*started after sister of parvos update
*no changes to pc, no driver updates
*happens randomly, one day it'll work, then get stuck in launcher, then randomly work again
*updates to game doesn't change anything
*reinstalling temporarily fixes it, but it randomly pops up again

the issue itself
*basically the launcher doesn't seem to use the disk at all when checking if it needs to update anything, seen in task manager disk usage

the fix
*obviously it may vary for everyone, BUT for me I've consistently managed to get it running again after doing a disk defragment on c (windows installation) drive
*i don't know why that works, steam library isn't even in that folder

It is best not to defragment a drive if it is a SSD(Solid State Drive). Just google it.

Are you sure you tried to optimize and verify trough the launcher?