Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing with a PS4 controller on PC.

nicolajtheking2

First of i want to thank DE for making warfame... Ok lets get started, the new UI and subsequent changes to the way a PS4 controller behaves, is to put it mildy... COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! how am i supposed to effectively complete a mission let alone a sortie, if im not able to use my D PAD (AKA directional buttons) to access my powers, gear, etc. And what happened to the scrolling feature? INSTEAD we are given a super fast but ultimately useless mouse like thing!

Here is the backstory for this.

It all started with me wanting to change my alt fire, in order to better use my secondary weapon, after the small change in input i noticed something... i was unable to scroll! <no biggie...> i thought and subsequently restarted the game, but already at the login screen something was amiss, the otherwise unused right stick(PS4 controller) moved as a mouse... <that is strange!...> i thought and entered my password, i went to check my foundry for some spectres i had set to be built, and then i noticed it again... no scrolling when i moved the right stick <that is wierd> i thought, and wnt on to assasinate vor for the 30 somingth time, and during that mission i was in complete and utter panic as i was unable to access any of the things i had bound the the D PAD<ITS NOT RESPONDING, WHY IS IT NOT RESPONDING!!!> i said out loud, i was distressed, terrified, and most of all FURIOUS!! for all of my most important things was mapped and still is to the D PAD, i tried vigorously to fix whatever that might have done it, and i quickly lost hope as i requested aid from this site and nothing seemed to work...

That is why i write here... i really wish to be able to play this again, that is why i write this... in hopes that someone will see this, and help (preferably a DEV) me and possibly others who have this problem.

Funnily enough it all happened after fortuna was released...

Edited by nicolajtheking2

12 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

the new UI

You mean the one that is months old already? The one that contributes for the updates to come faster to us? The one that allows for PC players to play with controllers as much as console players to play with Mouse and Keyboard. Yeah, it's weird at first but you also need to learn new controls everytime you try a new game, even from the same franchise. It's just a matter of getting used to and tweaking this or that option, really.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

You mean the one that is months old already? The one that contributes for the updates to come faster to us? The one that allows for PC players to play with controllers as much as console players to play with Mouse and Keyboard. Yeah, it's weird at first but you also need to learn new controls everytime you try a new game, even from the same franchise. It's just a matter of getting used to and tweaking this or that option, really.

I LETERALY CANT USE MY D PAD, and the rest is a complete and utter MESS.