Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Display settings to see fishing bubbles at night.

5m4llP0X

Question

Just what the title says. I have friends I go fishing with at night in the Planes and they can see the bubbles easily (they actually show up as white areas on the water) but I, for the life of me, cannot see them. Are there specific settings I can enable or disable to make those bubbles more visible?

3 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, 5m4llP0X said:

Just what the title says. I have friends I go fishing with at night in the Planes and they can see the bubbles easily (they actually show up as white areas on the water) but I, for the life of me, cannot see them. Are there specific settings I can enable or disable to make those bubbles more visible?

I believe you're referring to "Hotspots" in the Plains of Eidolon. You'll likely have to play with the following settings under Graphics:
• Particle System Quality
• GPU Particles (unlikely, as Hotspots predate and have not been updated after the GPU particle system)
• Reflections (or Local Reflections)

Also, keep in mind that hotspots are client based in regards to where they show up, but their effects are squad-wide. Meaning you won't be able to see hotspots that your team mates can see, regardless of settings. The best way to check if something in your settings is not working is to raise everything to max (bear with the low fps), go into the plains, locate a hotspot (I recommend the Eastern ocean coast), and then lower settings until your fps stabilize and/or you feel comfortable with the result.

Unfortunately there's not much more I can help with atm. I'll run a test in a few hours to see if any settings causes the hotspots to become invisible.

17 minutes ago, Vosenedich said:

I believe you're referring to "Hotspots" in the Plains of Eidolon. You'll likely have to play with the following settings under Graphics:
• GPU Particles (unlikely, as Hotspots predate and have not been updated after the GPU particle system)

Also, keep in mind that hotspots are client based in regards to where they show up, but their effects are squad-wide. Meaning you won't be able to see hotspots that your team mates can see, regardless of settings. The best way to check if something in your settings is not working is to raise everything to max (bear with the low fps), go into the plains, locate a hotspot (I recommend the Eastern ocean coast), and then lower settings until your fps stabilize and/or you feel comfortable with the result.

Unfortunately there's not much more I can help with atm. I'll run a test in a few hours to see if any settings causes the hotspots to become invisible.

Thank you, I'll try these out. I can see them at day, but I could never see bubbles at night unless I went into archwing mode and looked for irregularities in water.

Edited by 5m4llP0X

6 hours ago, Vosenedich said:

Ok, this has made it much more visible from the air and a little better on ground. Thank you.