The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attack speed limit?

Linkee

Hello there!

As title says: is there any attack speed limit?
I'm asking, becuase the more attack speed I have, the more "laggy" my melee weapon becomes. As for now, I'm using Orthos Prime with Shimmering Blight stance, Fury, Berserker and Spoiled Strike + Valkyr's Warcry. When everything is on the run, my character stops attacking from time to time for a second or so, even though i'm spamming attack key. It kinda looks like this:

attack>attack>stops for 1s>attack>attack>stops for 1s - and so on.

Yes, I'm using it in melee mode.

I believe the hard cap on attack speed is 2.5 Though i might be wrong

2 hours ago, Linkee said:

-snip-

2 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Same... I have a few issues with war cry at 200 strength. It sometimes stops and slowly finishes the animation. Pretty annoying.

Thats when you know your pushing the cap If your going too fast the game will slow you down so you dont break your self thats why it becomes laggy pretty much too much of a good thing to prevent you from breaking your self and losing the ability to melee at all like on wukong if he gets too much attack speed @DeMonkey he plays wukong and melee alot more then me he definitely knows more then me

Edited by seprent

The only time I've noticed a melee speed cap was in an arbitration recently.

Cassowar with 1.8 attack speed, valkyr 280% strength and 300% arbitration buff. Attacking normally was fine, soon as I hit war cry then my attacks wouldn't complete the animation similar to what you described.

11 hours ago, seprent said:

like on wukong if he gets too much attack speed @DeMonkey he plays wukong and melee alot more then me he definitely knows more then me

Wukong's issue may be different.

The problem faced by Wukong is that the time frame to press E to initiate the next attack becomes physically impossible unless using a Macro or Mousewheel.

To explain a bit better, every single attack has (I believe) 2 separate durations attached to it.

One is the duration that the animation takes.

The second is the duration within which you can press E to initiate the next attack, this should really be longer than the animations duration, but this doesn't appear to be the case especially for Wukong.

Increasing attack speed reduces the duration of each of these, and thus with a high enough attack speed you can reach a point where you cannot actually press the button fast enough, despite the weapon's animation still playing. I suppose that reducing the duration of the animation to incredibly low amounts is a possible cause of attacks bugging out as well, as the engine possibly can't handle the frame/weapon to move at such a high speed.