Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amps (How Bad Did I Screw Up?)

DarkKnight271

Question

So I was leveling up some rep with the Quills and I managed to pick two Amp braces (these are the only parts I have for a new Amp at this point) for rewards... as near as I can tell you can't actually buy Amp parts, like you can Zaw parts, so how badly did I screw this up? Will it actually be possible for me to build an Amp other than the free one you get at this point? I believe I have 3 levels of rank with the Quills at this point.

16 answers to this question

You buy blueprints for amp parts with quill standing. At any point you can attempt to create any part you have the requisite standing for. In fact, you should endevour to build one asap, as the free one is greatly inferior to any of the custom amps.

PS: Prisms grant mastery affinity.

Edited by Zavenosk

8 minutes ago, DarkKnight271 said:

so how badly did I screw this up?

You didn't. Well, You want like Lohrin as Brace in almost any "endgame" Amp So just use the current ones for your starter Amp or your Mastery Fodder Amp.

These are the Parts I recommend if you want to start Tridolon Hunting as they are the best. This will skip testing and you need less resources

tri2.jpg

On 2018-12-13 at 2:32 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Pretty sure you just missed the correct dialog option.

How did you manage with mote amp to reach rank 3 anyway? 

By playing the game... it's like the people who wonder how I got to rank 15 or 16 or whatever rank I am and still "don't know things". It's not that terribly hard to do. Get gear, level gear. For syndicates, equip symbol, or in this case get cores... it's not that hard, you don't even need to fight Eidolons to get cores.

1 hour ago, DarkKnight271 said:

By playing the game... it's like the people who wonder how I got to rank 15 or 16 or whatever rank I am and still "don't know things". It's not that terribly hard to do. Get gear, level gear. For syndicates, equip symbol, or in this case get cores... it's not that hard, you don't even need to fight Eidolons to get cores.

My bad , forgot that you dont need Eidolon shards to reach R3 only intact cores.

but ranking up without fighting eidolons ... thats gonna need some serious time.

So you get the original query resolved?

On 2018-12-16 at 7:17 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

My bad , forgot that you dont need Eidolon shards to reach R3 only intact cores.

but ranking up without fighting eidolons ... thats gonna need some serious time.

So you get the original query resolved?

Nope, don't care anymore and moved on to to trying to farm Ivara... but when I play spy missions for hours and never get a BP drop it's a little discouraging.

Just use a 1-1-1 amp -- the Pencha secondary works just fine for eidolon teralysts shields and you can get into eidolon hunting quickly to make raising your quill standing a breeze. 

And for the love of god, bring a 5 forma lanka or something similar.