Sigma & Octantis build, kinda weak?

DragonDude3010

Question

23 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well 1.  Take Condition Overload off, Sigma isn't a good status weapon.  You could go this route but the weapon just really doesn't monopolize on it. 

2. Build for Blood Rush and crits.  Final Harbinger combo is especially easy to keep up.

You would think that, but every test I've done has it preforming better with CO on it then with a pure crit build.

12 minutes ago, DragonDude3010 said:

Is Primed Fury needed, cause I prefer Berserker or is it just a both is evenly good?

Berserker's fine.

Drop Organ Shatter and a 60/60 for Condition Overload and Drifting Contact. Build for Viral Damage+Electric for CC and go ham. Make sure you're using the Final Harbinger stance. Many things will die very quickly.

Alternatively, I've found this setup works quite well, too. As usual with Condition Overload, you get lotsa mileage out of warframes and sentinel weapons that add additional elemental procs. Also, I don't generally find much need for additional attack speed with Final Harbinger, if anything, it's disorienting enough without it.
Sw5h3pk.jpg

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

42 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Berserker's fine.

Drop Organ Shatter and a 60/60 for Condition Overload and Drifting Contact. Build for Viral Damage+Electric for CC and go ham. Make sure you're using the Final Harbinger stance. Many things will die very quickly.

Alternatively, I've found this setup works quite well, too. As usual with Condition Overload, you get lotsa mileage out of warframes and sentinel weapons that add additional elemental procs.
Sw5h3pk.jpg

MNPSZxH.png

How about this? This good?

37 minutes ago, DragonDude3010 said:

MNPSZxH.png

How about this? This good?

Yeah, looks better. You'll be leveraging the multi-hit nature of several of Final Harbinger's combos to quickly stack procs and get the Viral and Electrical procs that'll both push your DPS skyward and give youa measure of local CC that doesn't require a lot of energy expenditure, while also moving around quickly to avoid being pinned down by enemy fire. It should work quite well.

"Should" is the keyword here. You need to spend some time actually using the weapon setup to see if it's up to snuff for your purposes. It does look like a pretty good place to start, and should work quite well with the Hold-Block and Hold-Attack combos of Final Harbinger. Might be difficult to get down the timing for for the Pause combo with Berserker all stacked up, though I've not really ever felt much need for that combo so YMMV on it.

11 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Yeah, looks better. You'll be leveraging the multi-hit nature of several of Final Harbinger's combos to quickly stack procs and get the Viral and Electrical procs that'll both push your DPS skyward and give youa measure of local CC that doesn't require a lot of energy expenditure, while also moving around quickly to avoid being pinned down by enemy fire. It should work quite well.

"Should" is the keyword here. You need to spend some time actually using the weapon setup to see if it's up to snuff for your purposes. It does look like a pretty good place to start, and should work quite well with the Hold-Block and Hold-Attack combos of Final Harbinger. Might be difficult to get down the timing for for the Pause combo with Berserker all stacked up, though I've not really ever felt much need for that combo so YMMV on it.

Oh I was already a Silva & Aegis Prime fan with Final Harbinger I know how the combos work! Thanks for the advice my dude! ❤️

13 hours ago, DragonDude3010 said:

Is Primed Fury needed, cause I prefer Berserker or is it just a both is evenly good?

Primed Fury will be better if you're taking advantage of the Finishers from it's throw.

Your crit build is kinda stifled by the fact that you don't have True Steel on, your damage will be noticeably higher if you add that in.

1 hour ago, DragonDude3010 said:

Where would you fit that?

Replace Vicious Frost for it.

Then maybe Gladiator Might in place of Volcanic Edge for not only another +60% crit damage, but an additional 15% * multiplier.

If I were going all the way, I'd then change the dual stats for Primed Fever Strike and Shocking Touch, and forget about status completely.

That'll give you 405 Corrosive damage, instead of 190*2 of Radiation/Viral, not only that but your crit chance will go to 44.8% before taking into account the crit buff of 180%*mulitplier, and a crit damage multiplier of 5.5

Spoiler is full of really badly laid out math, but the gist should be enlightening.

Spoiler

Old build, no multiplier

Total damage = 539.6
Crit chance = 28%
Percentage that crits = 151.088
Crit damage = 634.5696
Average damage per hit = 1023.0816

Old build, 1.5x multiplier

Total damage = 809.4
Crit chance = 74.2%
Percentage that crits = 600.5748
Crit damage = 2522.41416
Average damage per hit = 2731.23936 

Increase of ~1,700 damage per hit for the multiplier increase.

Proposed build, no multiplier

Total damage = 564
Crit chance = 44.8%
Percentage that crits = 253.12
Crit damage = 1392.16
Average damage per hit = 1704.04

Proposed build, 1.5x multiplier

Total damage = 846
Crit chance = 125.44%
Percentage that Orange Crits = 215.2224
Orange crit damage = 2152.224
Normal damage = 3469.2768
Average damage per hit = 5621.5008

Increase of ~3,900 per hit for the multiplier increase, which means it will scale far harder as the multiplier continues to increase.

I can try and explain my workings if needed, but they should be pretty accurate.

I have rushed this whilst eating fish and chips though, so if anyone spots any mistakes (not that my math is even followable) then please let me know.

Edited by DeMonkey

30 minutes ago, DragonDude3010 said:

Imgur >.>

for testing and to show my build for his weapon.

ppIMFmG.jpg

ppIMFmG.jpg

I'm considering dropping both Bloodrush and Weeping Wounds to have more consistency as the combo ramp just doesn't fit my playstyle.  This is basically just me experimenting with a few mods to see how they behave in missions before settling on a specific build for the Sigma.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
trying 2nd picture Link

4 minutes ago, DragonDude3010 said:

JPG doesn't show. >.>

This is really strange.  I tried both imgur links and it shows in Edge Browser, but not IE and Chrome.  WTF!!  Any way I need either a new image hosting sight or some other method that is consistent in showing pictures.  

Sorry for the derail OP

i just focused down the crit chance and crit damage its Really effective once it warms up after 5 kinda inates yellow jumps to orange then just red for days witth final harbinger forcing slash procs granted it struggles abit with bombard around level 125 if its not mid combo but effective at just gutting everything else in the way for combo lemme know if the image is broken 

Spoiler

tfrnwxF.jpg