Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Prime Frames Worth It?

(XBOX)Wazzup bruhhh

Question

Im a player that likes doing endgame content like 3hr survivals at MOT and im wondering if investing in normal frames is pointless when there is a prime version available. Will the stat increases of the prime variants allow me to do better or would i still be in the same spot as if i was using a normal version? Are they worth the wait or plat? Im curious since i really want to get ash, volt, and saryn but their primes are currently vaulted and would take a long time to be unvaulted. Btw i dont care about mr. 

Edited by (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh

19 answers to this question

That's a question that only you can answer.  Is it worth 100+ plat to you to not have to farm it yourself?

-EDIT-

With the edited and fleshed out version of your post, it's a lot easier to answer.

The only real gain you would have that you might care about (based solely on taking what you posted at face value), is the possibility of making your final build with fewer forma, given that prime frames come with added polarities.

Edited by Thaelyn2

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

Btw i dont care about mr and i dont have xbox live so i cant just buy those prime frames either. 

in that case, nope.

Prime frames are mostly faster to get more many players and look different.

The small stat increase will not change your gameplay in any way

Solo Endurance runs very much yes though the degree varies per frame. Some have a larger boost to critical stats than others.

Group endurance runs not so much. The level of synergy a group can attain is just so absurd that prime stats don't make a difference.

Where you play matters as well. MOT caters to Invis / CC / Shield frames and groups. Other frames will suffer with x3 exponential enemy damage. The difference of 20 minutes can just be massive on MOT past the 80 min mark. You simply have to use Ancient Healer specters to test out tanky frames otherwise you can't even tell the difference between a bad or good build let alone a difference in prime stats.

Honestly, additional prime stats mean little to most frames. There are a few where they get a large enough boost to be more useful, but not absolutely necessary.

Personally, I like my prime frames. Even a small amount of extra energy or armor can make a huge difference depending on mods, since mod %'s are based on the frame's base. So a frame with 60 armor gets a lot less from Steel Fiber than a prime version with 150 armor. Or a prime version with higher energy amount gets a lot more from flow or primed flow mods. Two or three prime frames can pass 700 energy that way.

In rhino's case, the prime frame is actually 1/9 FASTER than the regular rhino. Rhino gets .9, prime gets 1.0. It makes a noticeable difference in distance, but not much in combat.

But until a prime version gets an active increase to power strength, duration, or range... They aren't 100% needed.

I was going to get mesa prime anyways, but the way they made it absolutely smexy compared to normal mesa is extra incentive. I think all the mesa heads that aren't tennogen are ugly.

Edited by ssj782

What you get with a prime is basically....

The exact same abilities, a visual change to the frame and some abilities and a few stats increased.  You often gain a few pre polarised slots too but at the end of the day that's just a forma or two.

Is it worth 'rushing' to get them with plat, not imo, but at the same time I wouldn't go heavily investing forma into non prime frames unless they're 'brand new' and as such a long way from their prime version being released.  Reason being, I'll simply 'default' to the prime version if/when I have it, because even if the stat changes are minor they're still 'better' than non primes. 

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

Im a player that likes doing endgame content like 3hr survivals at MOT and im wondering if investing in normal frames is pointless when there is a prime version available. Will the stat increases of the prime variants allow me to do better or would i still be in the same spot as if i was using a normal version? Are they worth the wait or plat? Im curious since i really want to get ash, volt, and saryn but their primes are currently vaulted and would take a long time to be unvaulted. Btw i dont care about mr. 

If you're doing 3hr runs already, just move your farm location to where the prime parts drops. Took me 30 15+ wave defense runs to get the Loki Prime systems blueprint ... and had a literal BLAST from the adventure! lol

Just weave in those long hauls to where choice components drop. You'll get the prime frames as your daily routine.

16 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

If you're doing 3hr runs already, just move your farm location to where the prime parts drops. Took me 30 15+ wave defense runs to get the Loki Prime systems blueprint ... and had a literal BLAST from the adventure! lol

Just weave in those long hauls to where choice components drop. You'll get the prime frames as your daily routine.

This is another realistic option, OP.  If the Primes you're interested in are vaulted, you could always crack relics for unvaulted primes and trade your way to the vaulted ones you want.  Ultimately it would still cost you some plat, but if you sell stuff to get the plat you're no worse off than you are starting out.

24 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

I dont do 3hr runs for farming, i do it for fun and how would i be able to get vaulted parts from random defense runs?

9 minutes ago, Thaelyn2 said:

This is another realistic option, OP.  If the Primes you're interested in are vaulted, you could always crack relics for unvaulted primes and trade your way to the vaulted ones you want.  Ultimately it would still cost you some plat, but if you sell stuff to get the plat you're no worse off than you are starting out.

I dont have xbox live so i wont be able to buy relics and farm the parts but i was thinking that i could buy whole sets during free xbox live play days.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

I dont have xbox live so i wont be able to buy relics and farm the parts but i was thinking that i could buy whole sets during free xbox live play days.

Ahh.  Well then, I can be safely ignored.

In that particular situation, I would just stick to what you have or can farm, personally.  As always, though, your game, your call 🙂  Have fun either way, that's what matters.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

I dont do 3hr runs for farming, i do it for fun and how would i be able to get vaulted parts from random defense runs?

Well, in that time frame you can get your prime gear. Fun or as a grind. The option is already there as you love doing 3hr endurance runs.

People who usually ask do so because they don't LIKE 3hr endurance runs. They're gone by the 15th wave and it's drop.

21 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Well, in that time frame you can get your prime gear. Fun or as a grind. The option is already there as you love doing 3hr endurance runs.

People who usually ask do so because they don't LIKE 3hr endurance runs. They're gone by the 15th wave and it's drop.

How would i still get vaulted prime parts from random 15 wave defense runs?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

How would i still get vaulted prime parts from random 15 wave defense runs?

Come back to the game after 2 years and have hundreds of relics that didn't exist then, but do now. I have dozens of vaulted relics.

Do ESOs and get 3 or 4 rare radiant relic drops (especially when the group drops before wave 8, leaving you to finish, too).

THE problem now in public groups is finding anyone who will stay longer than the 15th wave. Very high MRs, too. Because gamers these days think 2 minute runs are the "new normal", and can't even play a round for 15 minutes, heck, 3hrs!

I started online gaming around 2000. Cut my chops on EQ2 in MMOs, and carried what I learned there to WoW onwards. If you didn't have 15hrs to raid, don't bother was the life then.

Some are worth it. Some are not.

For example Volt Prime is worth since increase from 15- 100 armor and having second highest energy pool in game is important for caster frame.

But for example stealth prime frames are mostly not worth it since 99% of your survivability comes from Stealth, which is affected not by frame stats but by efficiency, duration etc. 

For regular content primes are imo not needed and many non-prime frames already trivialize a lot of content without needing or even having a prime version: Mesa, Rhino, Inaros, Saryn, Ivara, Octavia and many more.

So shory answer: if you are not about to solo ESO, Sorties or do endless solo runs- they are not worth it nor needed.

However if you are freak like me who needs to have everything min-maxed or you like to do a lot of content solo- in many cases they make noticeable difference. 

I just started and hooked onto this game. I have been buying platnium with $$4 and getting  all these inflated vaulted warframes on the switch. I think is worth it because I don't want to wait and enjoy these purchases I made. I paid like 500plat for frost, 600 for rhino and a lot more. The economy on the switch is so bad because many items are not accessible except for the PC ports.

MR is important, I figured out I can't craft any of those prime items I farmed without MR...

If you enjoy the game and want to speed up, just buy with real money. It can take you forever to catch up if you start from scratch with no boost of any sort.