Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The return of the Close Beta Skill tree.

Jormungand.The.Serpent

Hello, I have been thinking about this for a long time. Since I first join warframe back in 2013 and became a founder. I have always had an issue with the idea of Forma. Yeah, it gives you a polarity slot, which yes lets you mod your warframe and make it way more efficient but why is that the only plus to it? We don't get anything else which I can understand up to a point but I just feel that if you're going to reset your warframes level, you should get a little more. Now I don't know how many people remember the closed beta or have seen things from the closed beta, but warframe use to have a skill tree before Focus. This skill tree allowed you to increase certain stats by a set amount as well as gain access to your abilities and extra mod slots. Now what I am asking for isn't for us to return to that system, but to implement something similar. Now some warframes (Nidus inparticular) Get a bonus to his power strength when he hits 30. Granted its only 15% but it is there. Now imagine this, if by using a forma on your warframe, you could unlock a node on the skill tree that gives extra Power, Duration, Range, Effeciency, Health, and or Shield. It would make using a forma feel so much more impactful since not only is it allowing you to mod your warframe easier but you now have an option to make it Uniquely Yours.  I would love to hear what yall might think about this.

I would rather have skill tree for warframe, sentinel and pets only.

Maybe a simple bonus stat like for example,

Dethcube gain better health and armor to survive sortie;

Ember finally gain armor strip in her accelerant;

Mag now remove armor and shield 100% from polarize.

But when i think about it, we need more Augment mods for the underwhelming weapons, warframes and companions. 

Skill trees might be gone for good.

The Focus system was a perfect time to allow long term progression solutions with minor customization options.

Sadly it did not accomplish pretty much anything it was said to do. According to the Devs it was something to put affinity towards when you've maxed out your gear. Most of us think Alternate Advancement, Paragon levels, ect. It doesn't last though. Focus 1.0 failed and in my opinion Focus 2.0 failed as well.

Focus 1.0 failed because of it's design. Focus 2.0 failed because of it's design and basis primarily in Operators over Warframe. On top of this Focus 2.0 failed because the long term solution became short term or even instant. Soon as they dropped the cost everything was maxed. Not to mention Shards are plentiful beyond the daily cap.

Instead of being an interesting but minor layer of options and customization. It became yet another dead-end road. I don't even have Focus lens on half my frames anymore. Such a waste of potential really. It could have been a good long term progression option. Esp if key elements like Convergence were removed.

Nioh/assassin creed origins have the perfect skill tree system for DE to borrow and expand on, the current modding system is counterproductive augmentations-

wise, hell some augments feels so lazy and out of place that you bet they're ripped from the ability before hand just to be added as an augment 

the modding system should be reserved for mini maxing abilities along with they're augments instead of hosting both with the so limited slots.

Edited by Paracosmer

Nidus was made with the bump to his stats when he leveled. Would you rather they rip out stats from the other frames to return them once you hit certain levels?

3 hours ago, Jormungand.The.Serpent said:

you should get a little more

You're allowed to halve the cost of any matching mod. That is quite the power bump. 20 min max to relevel it is a trivial cost.

3 hours ago, Jormungand.The.Serpent said:

Now imagine this, if by using a forma on your warframe, you could unlock a node on the skill tree that gives extra Power, Duration, Range, Effeciency, Health, and or Shield. It would make using a forma feel so much more impactful since not only is it allowing you to mod your warframe easier but you now have an option to make it Uniquely Yours.

Then mods go away. Mods replace it, there is no room to put them in the game together.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

The Focus system was a perfect time to allow long term progression solutions with minor customization options.

Sadly it did not accomplish pretty much anything it was said to do. According to the Devs it was something to put affinity towards when you've maxed out your gear. Most of us think Alternate Advancement, Paragon levels, ect. It doesn't last though. Focus 1.0 failed and in my opinion Focus 2.0 failed as well.

Focus 1.0 failed because of it's design. Focus 2.0 failed because of it's design and basis primarily in Operators over Warframe. On top of this Focus 2.0 failed because the long term solution became short term or even instant. Soon as they dropped the cost everything was maxed. Not to mention Shards are plentiful beyond the daily cap.

Instead of being an interesting but minor layer of options and customization. It became yet another dead-end road. I don't even have Focus lens on half my frames anymore. Such a waste of potential really. It could have been a good long term progression option. Esp if key elements like Convergence were removed.

The player base will not allow a long-term goal to exist. It immediately becomes a need to grind out as fast as possible. If the Hema is any indicator, any high cost will be seen as a personal attack on the players by DE.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The player base will not allow a long-term goal to exist. It immediately becomes a need to grind out as fast as possible. If the Hema is any indicator, any high cost will be seen as a personal attack on the players by DE

why are you taking cheap shots at your own people ? long term goal should not be tied to core game mechanic, especially that goal involve working a full time job to get there 

with your already full time job in real life , and yes the hema cost was an attack on our valuable time and patience .

not to mention that this goal can be skipped completely by opening your wallet lol ! 

Image result for hema warframe shop

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The player base will not allow a long-term goal to exist. It immediately becomes a need to grind out as fast as possible. If the Hema is any indicator, any high cost will be seen as a personal attack on the players by DE.

Well the way they designed it; I don't blame players for feeling that way.

The trick is you put the big stuff up front. The things that change the way you approach the game like Energy Regen, Combo Counter, Revives. Diminishing returns continues until you're spending days and weeks for 1 HP. The grind portion is a fault of Affinity gains. It's quantity over quality. We don't get enough ambient Affinity for objectives and simply playing the game. For instance finishing a Bounty stage. Convergence just amplifies this problem. Two seconds late on hacking in Spy? Oh well.

What they did was more like grind then effectively punishing the player for upgrading. I have everything unlocked but don't have everything turned on because of the increase in energy cost. It's dumb that something becomes conditionally useful but otherwise less useful when you upgrade it. It's not really that hard to make a soft cap alternate progression system where player's don't feel cheated or baited into participating if the way and rate you gain that progression feels natural.