Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost is useless. I am done with him.

justin0620

Frost was always one of my favorite warframe. It looks cool (i think), simple to use, kind of tanky, useful in all types of defense/ mobile defense/ excavation mission. But right now I just don't see the point of using him anymore in any missions. It is not as useful as limbo or vauban defensively, it is not as tanky as wukong, inaros. Snow Globe got destroyed easily in high rank misssions, etc.

Any Frost player gave up on him? Is there a rework in the near future?

Edited by justin0620

You know i was just remarking about the argument so people use. The "why should i use X if Y exists" is a player enforced issue is this game.

Now...why?

Vauban - can only defend an object by as much as his spamming will allow, if an enemy so chooses or its the wrong enemy then theyll simply walk right through vaubans powers and/or kill the defense objective from a distance. The required spamming and micromanaging of late game Vauban is testament to his relic like design and the issue Warframe itself suffers from.

Limbo - Limbo while ungoldy powerful is an all or nothing frame who can accidentally impede other players leading to a form of mental gymnastics the Limbo players has to go through to simply not use his power in a public setting due to gamerz being extraordinarily short tempered, easily frustrated and have a woeful lack of understanding of a non binary warframe. He struggles to fit in a non Pre made set up group and in short its less of a headache on both the user and the pugs to simply play alone. 

Limbos flaws are directly tied to his massive energy consuming nature, as his survivability is directly tied to the Rift and requires repeating micro set ups to sustain a macrocosm which can also very easily trainwreck resulting in repeat deaths

Frost is not a tank and true tanks like Inaros, Rhino, Nidus cannot halt shots to an objective. 

So why play frost? 

Easy to use.

Effective to build

On command non impeding CC, cheap CC

Usually welcomed into a team

Globe absorbs damage then redirects to hp, it can actually stop bullets

His 1 when aimed at the ground will spawn a frost puddle that freezes targets and can lock down a hallway

Icewave is whole sale slow without nerfing status damage/procs

Theres many reasons. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

At high level play the ice wave impedance augment becomes really good. Build Frost for range and duration and you can lock down absolutely ridiculous swaths of area for easy pickings. If you like charge up or precision weapons like bows and snipers, then things are even better.

The Bubble gets broken down a lot quicker, but it still has uses with active shepherding if you have high efficiency. It's great in situations like high level point defense where you have to guard an npc. A Frost can chain cast the bubble to keep pace with that wandering liability to make clearing sortie defense a little bit less infuriating.

Avalanche does drop off somewhat in my experience, I prefer huge power with low duration so I can try and pop a few armorless targets while not preventing my allies from applying their procs for long periods of time.

Seriously though, the range for icewave can reach absurd levels making the slowing field augment great. The CC is super powerful.

I suspect someone has only been pressing 3 and doesn't realize what Avalanche does - never mind the fact that the augment is literally discount team iron skin and doesn't need to be depleted to be refreshed. I'd suggest going 235% range and at least 140% strength.

I don't find this surprising though, since almost every public Frost doesn't even have Stretch equipped.

Edited by Neightrix

1 hour ago, Neightrix said:

almost every public Frost doesn't even have Stretch equipped.

This. So much this. Argh.

High-Range Frost is so stupid fun / effective, it's always sad to see puny Globes like that,
and know how minimal the general CC & damage prowess of that Frost thus must be, when they could be so much more.

7 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

You're either using him wrong, building him wrong or both.

How about you help a fellow (obvously new) Tenno with some specific suggestions, instead of bashing and void speech bubbles?

8 hours ago, justin0620 said:

Any Frost player gave up on him?

As some people already said, Frost can be palyed in multiple ways not only as globe bot.

• There is Ice Wave Impedance build, which turn him into agreat support. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Wave_Impedance
  • Or you can also go the Avalanche route and either be a teambuffer with the augment, or a debuffer and strip enemies of thier armor and CC them.

il y a une heure, ShortCat a dit :

How about you help a fellow (obvously new) Tenno with some specific suggestions, instead of bashing and void speech bubbles?

It's a feedback thread, not a "[insert frame name] is useless" sterile whining. Actually there's a thread about how to deliver proper feedback and i don't see a single concrete point here. I don't understand why such a thread still exists especially since it's pretty much a hater bait.

Honestly speaking, Frost is still one of my absolute go-to frames. I've given up on a lot of them, over time, but I've always found myself gravitating to frames that let me play this game at my own pace, without ruining other people's experience.

My favourite frame of all time is Zephyr, because of her Individuality. She can go in a team or solo because her Passive, her 3 and now her 2 and 4 (after the rework, the downsides of 4 were taken away, it still has problems, but it's a direct upgrade to what it was) all let you do things at your speed. You want to hang back and pop heads off with snipers? Great, Turbulence will evade all the projectiles while your passive lets you simply bounce away from melee, or your Airburst lets you bounce melee enemies away from you instead. You want to go ham with melee? Great! CC with her 2 means a lot of helpless enemies, while her 3 means that you're only dealing with each enemy as it comes to you, not worrying about the ones further away. You ever need a full field of enemies to stop bothering you for a bit? Great, press 4, and not only do the enemies get four roving CC machines to the face, you can also damage everything that the funnel is currently affecting (if it's off the ground, it's affected) by shooting the funnel itself for even more death.

Loki is another Individual frame for team or solo, a little more management needed for your abilities, as the duration on his Invisibility is very short and the fact that his Decoy is a blip of distraction at high level needs fixing (maybe make it like Saryn's Molt? So it lasts for a guaranteed amount of time?), but being able to ignore enemies as long as there's no cross-fire, and to ensure that there is no cross-fire over a huge radius at will is one of the best survivability synergies in the game. Enemies may still be free to do what they want, but you are more free to do what you want.

Oberon is the Support version of this, you throw down 2, hit 3, and everyone that's paying attention gets a buff to their survivability and high health regen for as long as you maintain your energy. With a 'get out of my face' 4, lifting and slamming everything in a wide radius, plus the synergy to crack open armour if enemies are on his 2 for better support and damage, plus that instant 'no you' on his 1, able to instantly CC a single target and spread damage to enemies around it... he's a very useful frame that embodies the ability to play at your own pace.

Frost is pretty much the same for Defense. If you need space, hit 3 and you are temporarily invulnerable, have a shield dome that charges up with enemy damage, so it will always last a minimum of that four or five seconds. The recast function absorbing the previous globe allows for amazing sustain of that defense, although there could be an improvement to visually show that the dome is getting weaker, because the counter for the ability only measures the most recent globe and you can cast four at a time.

Need to stop enemies from getting close? Ice wave is good mid-tier damage and great high tier CC with the augment. The freeze status from his 4 is amazing for locking down areas when you're in trouble, and the reduced armour on those targets means that you can use raw damage weapons (not status ones) to inflict far more damage on them for the duration.

He has point, area and mass CC functions, plus one of the best Defense skills, and decent Damage too (especially if you boost him up with a support frame).

And if I had to go Offense... I'd take a frame like Nova. Double damage on her 4, incredibly consistent high damage on her 2, her 1 can be built for survivability and her 3 makes for one of the better quick-relocation abilities in game. You can build her for Speed or Slow, meaning that you can tailor in the exact amount of CC you want out of her, and yet the damage is undeniable.

Now, if these kinds of frames, if this attitude of playing at your own pace, doesn't really appeal to you, then that's absolutely fine.

You move on, you play the frames that you find more active or unique. There's no harm in that, it's why we have 37, nearly 38, warframes (not counting Primes).

But Frost is in a great place in the game, and any buff to him would only really result in a nerf later when he becomes over-powered through some means or other.

im completely lost with this post, i mean i think it would be good if they tweak/buff him abit but i wouldnt go as far as to say he's like near the bottom. defense wise he beats vauban as to limbo well i guess limbo wins but he has a much bigger skill cap but frost bubble can last even up to even sortie lvl if u gravitate his build towards it. being a tank tho well he isnt a full tank frame, he is more a defense/cc frame (technically its hard for me to imagine tanks existing since my mind set is to where if im in normal stuff every frame is tanky then in endurance its everything will one shot u no matter how tanky u are lol). the only time i ever felt his bubble isnt the greatest is in endurance runs but thats why ppl focus his build on avalanche or ice wave.

Edited by ShenRyujin

vor 16 Stunden schrieb justin0620:

Any Frost player gave up on him? Is there a rework in the near future?

Nope. I like his globe for the sheer Cc of it. Who needs a wall when you can have a slow-field that stacks with cold proccs?

It doesn't prevent enemies from entering like limbo or Vauban do and its Cc is lore reliable then anything wukong or inaros could do. That's good Cc right there that still allows some kind of interaction... the only issue i got with him is that his ward is comedically low, what's in conflict with his entire theme (above average health and armor he can ideally never use)

He'd be perfect if they'd change it for a armor buff, be it only a percentuall one.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Max range, high efficiency, good power strength. You'll thank me in the morning. 

I never cared much for Frost early on, but when I started playing around with his build and maxed his range out I ended up converting my Frost-main friend, that had been playing Frost for years, to my perspective. It's incredibly effective, and fun to play.

I really like Frost. As an early game frame he's decently survivable and has a good balance between defensive and offensive skills and later game his ability to control space is fantastic. He's not the flashiest frame in the game but he's pretty much always a solid pick.

If I had one real complaint it's that his role changes as the game progresses and that doesn't always communicate well to players. Early game 1, 2 and 4 do very respectable damage on their own making him feel like a sort of bruiser, but at higher levels the draw of those skills is CC and you have to adjust your playstyle and mods to work around that. As a consequence a lot of times I think sometimes people just see the damage dropping off without specific builds and get the impression that Frost turns into a bubble bot late game which turns people off.

Edited by Elementalos

Frost is one of those frames that I loved early on and never use anymore. Mostly because I find his play style pretty boring. Not because he isn't good but because he is so useful that I used him 'too much' early on and got burnt out on his playstyle.

Frost is a very good frame. Strong AOE damage builds, strong defense builds, strong team buff builds and generally strong AOE CC (though freezing targets is one of the more annoying forms of CC as it shuts down other status effects). But I'd prefer any number of alternate frames to Frost simply because the novelty of using him wore out years ago.

There has never been a moment where I haven't absolutely loved Frost. He is useful in just about every situation. I will say that Freeze and Ice Wave (without the augment) are next to pointless. If you build for max range with decent duration, his 4 is incredible, even at 40% ability strength. His primary role is defending though, and he does that incredibly well. He is superior to Vauban when it comes to protecting something that can destroyed, but Vauban's area denial certainly is incredible. I will admit that Limbo is the most useful he has ever been, and he is ridiculously good at defending something. Some aspects of one frame may be better than another, but overall Frost is still in an excellent place. In my opinion, Vauban is the one that really needs to be looked over.

When they nerfed Gara's 4th ability I made comments about Frost and his already immortal Snow Globe.

DE actually responded about knowing and considering this in the future. I fear that immortal period won't last though I still feel they should have gone the other direction and made Snow Globe function more like it used to ie More like Gara's 4th. This is to allow a Frost player to actually play the game rather than pressing 3 every 4 seconds and trying to get a shot in when they can. There are already frames (lol not Vauban) who can make a Defense objective immortal. Zephyr and Limbo or a well played team with Nyx / Loki.

Each has a weakness, including pre-nerf Gara and that's fine. It's more about allowing Frost to play while also doing his job well and unless you do the immortal window trick, Frost scales like trash. His abilities work well together but they don't scale well and this whole Frozen / Stone no-status effects thing needs to go as well.