Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I make platinum (Guide)

RisoIarin

First two methods are more for beginners. Any questions? Leave them below and I'll try to answer them as soon as possible.

First and foremost, use the extremely valuable website for plat farming: Warframe.market to look for prices all while looking at sell orders and buy orders. (Sign up and you'll be able to list stuff too).

1. Farming and cracking open relics

"To perform refinement themselves, players must complete the Mars Junction mission on Earth and install the Void Relic Segment they receive in their Orbiter. "

So in order to use this method, you need the void relic segment already installed in your ship.

The way I do this is looking for the most valuable prime items that are the rarest for their respective relics.

For example, If I have Lith S4 relic that has a Saryn Prime Blueprint as its rarest drop, VS a Lith S5 relic as a Spira Prime Blueprint as its rarest drop, then I would obviously look to refine the Lith S4 relic to radiant and open that one to get the most value out of the cost of the radiant refinement (100 void traces, this could be farmed from any void fissure mission). After I have refined the Lith S4 relic, I would go to the Recruiting channel and look for other people that have the same refined relic by saying something like "LF Lith S4 relic radshare" (Do not be shy to ask!). I would repeat this method by looking for valuable rares in relics, looking for a radshare squad, then opening it praying that I get the rare. 

Or you could just simply join an interception void fissure mission, or survival mission (My preferences since defense imo take longer), and open unrefined relics praying that rng will hit you with good drops for you and your squadmates. 

2. Vault runs

Vault running is probably the easiest, but time consuming way to make plat. When I mean time consuming, I mean it will take a while for a good mod drop that is actually worth something. (RNG based)

Basically vault runs are held most typically in the capture mission of the Orokin Derelict, and if you are new, you most definitely would need a squad for it. In any orokin derelict mission there is a door that would look this:Image result for vault door warframe

Essentially, there are 4 keys that only one is able to open the door every mission. These 4 keys being the Bleeding key, Extinguished key, hobbled key, and the decaying key. (Blueprints can be found in any Clan Dojo's Orokin lab, They're reusable so you only need to buy one of each). When doing vault runs with a squad, each squadmate has to be holding one of the 4 keys in their gear slot before entering the mission. 

Inside the vault are corrupted rare mods which most are useless, but some are valuable:  Blind rage, Fleeting expertise, Narrow Minded, Overextended, and Transient Fortitude so these 5 are the mods you are praying to get for platinum farming (Each being worth around 20-30p). The other mods you can keep, use or sell for credits as they barely go for any platinum in the market. 

3. Making platinum investments (Want to make platinum without doing much?)

This method is more tailored towards players that already have a decent amount of platinum and are looking for big, but easy ways to make plat. As most of us know (I HOPE SO), Euphona prime, Banshee Prime, and Helios Prime are being vaulted on December 18th. Therefore their relics will no longer be obtainable in the game promptly on this date. What does this mean? Supply for all three of these prime variants will start to cut down. As supply starts to go down, cost goes up (This is reflected in all vaulted prime items, this is not unusual). 

Knowing this, I usually make investments and or farm for those three prime variants ( I already have). Why?  So when I buy them now or farm them now, I'll be able to get more platinum or profit off of them when they increase in price. It doesnt happen after a day of being vaulted, but typically for warframes I would say roughly 5-6 months before increasing already by 100-150p. I purchased a banshee prime set 3 days ago for 80p, and as of today its already 100p since news has spread about these three prime variants being vaulted. Euphona prime was about 60p 3 days ago as well, (Couldnt buy it since it was mastery locked 😞 ) and it's already freaking 80-100p on warframe.market. Pretty crazy right? 

All I'm saying is, as soon as you hear the news of prime variants being vaulted ( Make sure it's true not just mere rumors) take some plat (NOT ALL OF IT!!) or take some time to farm for them and sell them with prices increase.

Do it with Euphona prime,Banshee prime and Helios prime as it's not too late to invest or farm for them. (Or you can just farm their relics and farm the relics later, but if you wait too long, it'll be harder to find radshare squads). You make platinum as you hold onto these soon-to-be vaulted prime variants, and sell them in the future. 

Edited by RisoIarin

So, if I understand correctly:

1- Basicaly what everybody does on a regular basis.

2- Something people have been doing for years. (And btw, you can equip all 4 key types at the same time if you want. Been like that for a couple weeks, maybe a month or two, idr)

3- So, farming the next vaulted set (nothing special there) and... scam people by buying their stuff for cheap to sell it again for lots of plat? That's your "guide"? :suspicion:

Weird, but I don't smell any Grofit here. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Get a riven with one decent stat and a bunch of useless ones including a negative that will ruin the weapon

Go to TC and put "REAL GOD ROLL 1K PLAT SERIOUZ OFFERZ ONLY NO TRADEZ" 

grofit 🙂

wont work, riven buyers are no simpletons to be tricked by that low quality bait, good meme thought haha .

1 hour ago, RisoIarin said:

All I'm saying is, as soon as you hear the news of prime variants being vaulted ( Make sure it's true not just mere rumors)

Or you know, just look at the vault wiki page or look for the oldest prime Warframe and related weapons that came out and not vaulted already and those are the next things to get vaulted 

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

That's your "guide"? :suspicion:

As obvious as all of this may seem, I see newer players in alliance all the time who don’t recognize these things as standard practice.

Even if some upstart doesn’t become the next Buffet off of this guide, at least they’ll be hip to the game. Might save them from getting “scammed”.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:

As obvious as all of this may seem, I see newer players in alliance all the time who don’t recognize these things as standard practice.

Even if some upstart doesn’t become the next Buffet off of this guide, at least they’ll be hip to the game. Might save them from getting “scammed”.

this guide wont save anyone from being scammed nor will anyone become this buffet guy that ive never heard of

seeing as it overlooked around maybe 5 or 7 different ways to make plat besides relics vaultrun and scam

6 hours ago, RisoIarin said:

I would go to the Recruiting channel and look for other people that have the same refined relic by saying something like "LF Lith S4 relic radshare"

Yeah, try to break through the tridolon/newly relased relics spam with your already vaulted relic. Finding 4-man relic run doesn't really work even for somewhat common ones.

This is the only and the best chance to really spam soon-to-be-vaulted relics as everyone and their mothers rush to open as many of them, but tbh it's still long time before those prime parts/sets will gain enough value for anyone to simple stop playing the game alltogether.

1 hour ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

1) Farm kuva everyday

2) Buy and roll Kohm riven (DE ain't touching the dispo)

3) Sell for 10k-30k plat

4) Repeat until you have more plat than credits

40 rolls in and I stopped rolling my kohm at 500% dmg with -50% crit chance (so my base is about 5%'ish). Kuva is a b**** of a luck sinkhole.

EDIT: Tiny funfact. Equinox with Duality augment with Kohm with said riven puts even best tweaked Mesa to shame. It literally deletes anything as it shows in index. My guess is, the clone doesn't need to wait until Kohm is full speed and just kinda treats it as some kind of infinite range beam weapon (or as far as clone sees). Fun stuff 😄

Edited by deothor

why was baro not mentioned here lol. primed mods and variant weapons can get hella expensive.

an other unconventional method is Farming Index and fusing the mods. it is self sufficient long as one continues to run index and 

if one is lucky they can get some rare mods they dont have or ones that just have a super low drop rate 😛  literally got all my condition overload from fusing mods (about 5 of them) but this method is a bit rng and i dont suggest it unless u are kinda bored.

long story short, if its tradeable there is almost always someone willing to buy it. 

if anyone is plat broke is usually because they are lazy or simply dont care for eating hoards of plat.

Edited by Makunogo

59 minutes ago, deothor said:

Yeah, try to break through the tridolon/newly relased relics spam with your already vaulted relic. Finding 4-man relic run doesn't really work even for somewhat common ones.

This is the only and the best chance to really spam soon-to-be-vaulted relics as everyone and their mothers rush to open as many of them, but tbh it's still long time before those prime parts/sets will gain enough value for anyone to simple stop playing the game alltogether.

40 rolls in and I stopped rolling my kohm at 500% dmg with -50% crit chance (so my base is about 5%'ish). Kuva is a b**** of a luck sinkhole.

EDIT: Tiny funfact. Equinox with Duality augment with Kohm with said riven puts even best tweaked Mesa to shame. It literally deletes anything as it shows in index. My guess is, the clone doesn't need to wait until Kohm is full speed and just kinda treats it as some kind of infinite range beam weapon (or as far as clone sees). Fun stuff 😄

Since I don't have a Kohm riven, I had to get my John Prodman poster with Dual Equinox wielding Vectis Prime.

Few days ago I was accused of cheating in Index, because I was allegedly using an aimbot. :crylaugh: 

6 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

Since I don't have a Kohm riven, I had to get my John Prodman poster with Dual Equinox wielding Vectis Prime.

Few days ago I was accused of cheating in Index, because I was allegedly using an aimbot. :crylaugh: 

You technically were :^)))))))))

10 hours ago, (XB1)Gilganomics said:

New players just need to Google "warframe market tips" and they'll find plenty of forum threads and Reddit posts about the topic, I honestly see no reason to open another one of those

17 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

this guide wont save anyone from being scammed nor will anyone become this buffet guy that ive never heard of

seeing as it overlooked around maybe 5 or 7 different ways to make plat besides relics vaultrun and scam

Thank you for your fruitful contribution to the discourse, I guess. 

Buffet's a irl billionaire, w/e my references are washed.

Though I don't gouge, I also have no sympathy for the "scammed". There's no council on price negotioations - it's a clusterf*ck of people deciding what something is worth. If people are willing to burn through their wallet for plat then toss it all in the wind without even doing any research, then welcome to the world (most aren't even newbies, just whales or impatient). OP is talking about making money, not giving it away. These are all of the basic tenets I had to discover through my own observation, and a post like this would've saved me time.

We are talking about a very vague game providing little direction. Two high crit(icism) posts from you could've just been an addenum of more useful info instead. 

9 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

New players just need to Google "warframe market tips" and they'll find plenty of forum threads and Reddit posts about the topic, I honestly see no reason to open another one of those

I don't hang out here, so don't think about that. Oversaturation isn't that big of a deal.

I wonder what would happen if people just ignored things they thought were unnecessary, instead of flooding in to spit. Free traffic. 

On 2018-12-13 at 1:17 PM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

3- So, farming the next vaulted set (nothing special there) and... scam people by buying their stuff for cheap to sell it again for lots of plat? That's your "guide"? :suspicion:

Point 1 and 2, agreed.

Point 3:

Let's first understand the definition of scam.

From "define: scam" on google:

- A dishonest scheme.

From Merriam Webster:

- : a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.

Obtaining an item (be it farming or buying low) and then selling it at a marked up price to the market at a later time when supplies dropped is called investment.

If I say, I am selling you Banshee Prime Set for 100P, and for some reason during the trade, I gave you all Banshee Prime parts except the Chassis and you still paid me 100P for it (maybe you got careless) that is a scam.

I hope people can understand the meaning between scam and investment.

Thank you.

@RisoIarin

Useful information. I would like to add that, players can try to assess which Prime Sets are worth the time and effort to farm. For example, Mag Prime vs Nova Prime. Don't waste time on Mag Prime sets. Secondly, and this subjective, I feel that selling them in the set, may be slower, but brings in more profit. It depends on the patience level of the players. Find whatever suits your style.

How to make platinum. 101

Get a job. Open market. Buy platinum.

Or we could let leeches grind out premium currency through trading and bypass the market entirely. Effectively recycling existing platinum already in circulation rather than selling more.

Maybe DE would make enough money to finance bigger and better updates if they didn't let leeches recycle a finite amount of platinum and get a free ride on my back.

11 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Or we could let leeches grind out premium currency through trading and bypass the market entirely. Effectively recycling existing platinum already in circulation rather than selling more.

Sorry, maybe I got you wrong, but what exactly is wrong with acquiring plats through trading? It's a method provided by DE, if someone is trading, they do not break any rules. I wouldn't define this practice as leeching.

Damn, a lot of people commenting this thread are so edgy. XMas break is coming, we do not have to wait much until we can get some rest, y'all please try to hold yourselves together a little while longer.

I get a job, work hard for a living, spend wages on the bills n food and sometimes the cheeky spend on platinum.

But I only buy Platinum when on discount, at 50% or 75% IF I am in the mood, like today, 75% discount, so bought the biggest plat package. I also buy Prime Vault or Prime Access packages depending on content.

I find I can earn WAY more plat by investing the time it would take to farm in game, in actually working to earn money that I can then spend on plat, which leaves all my relic drop farming to create a source of Duccat income.