Hardplague9548

Atlas and Baruuk Ability Suggestions

Hi All,

I have been thinking about small tweaks or additions to these two warframes. I have not played Atlas much other than maxing him for mastery. But I got this idea so I wanted to mention it. As for Baruuk he seems promising especially if his meter will give him up 95% dmg reduction. However, I still wanted to add something to his kit. This is purely a concept so do not take it seriously. 

Atlas:

The meter mechanic is nice but I feel that it should work more like Baruuk (does not necessarily need to give the damage reduction). The idea is it fills up to full then when you hold the petrify ability down for a second Atlas enters a devil trigger state. Atlas gets a buff or a few buffs (for ex. increased range for landslide, faster speed running and/or attacking or 10x more damage) it will also give the rumblers 10x more damage as well (10x can be replaced by any value). While in devil trigger state the meter will reduce like it does currently and you can use petrify to rebuild as it goes down. Basically what this will do is allow him and his rumblers to do more damage at the risk of reducing armor or saving armor at full value making him more tanky. 

Baruuk:

As a monk frame one of the things missing in his kit is meditation. So my suggestion would be to hold down his third ability (disarm) for one second to meditate. This will look like Nyx's absorb minus the bubble. In this state he will earn energy and/or health as he is reaching enlightenment. The health and/or energy regen works like standing in nidus's fourth. A funny scenario I pictured is defending an interception objective you use meditate and his third ability (disarm) to kill lower lvl enemies. Basically this can turn him into a passive turret (regaining health and/or energy) that will only attack enemies when they approach him. 

What do you all think about these changes/additions?

• Like 2

Well, for Baruuk I can immediately say that a meditating automatic turret is exactly what DE do not want in their game. They have literally over-nerfed a whole bunch of frames because of that.

And for Atlas, why would you remove a solid CC that affects enemies at any level in favour of a personal buff? This would literally remove his crowd control in favour of more damage, and that's just not going to actually help Atlas who needs, if anything, more versatility and better effects from that CC.

• Like 2

I'm not asking to remove anything from Atlas just saying hold down the petrify ability (similar to swapping between different arrows for Ivara) to activate the meter drain. As a bonus for doing so you will get some sort of bonus to improve his and his rumblers performance. Then you can continue to petrify and landslide enemies. This allows you to choose between being tanky or possibly risking the armor to get a buff. Rather than it constantly draining when you stop doing the petrify landslide combo. 

As for Baruuk the main mechanic is just to meditate and receive either health and/or energy. The auto turret was a funny gimmick for enemies on earth or for enemies of similar level. Shown in the devstream #120 when Rebecca cast disarm and it killed the enemies. To elaborate that gimmick/strategy is not meant for anything outside of starting planets or for end game.

Atlas just needs a survivability buff. He's too squishy to be going around meleeing people. Make his rubble armor decaying but from damage only, and buff his health some.

.  How about for atlas instead of an armour increased it gives temporary HP like rhinos iron skin. Keep the cap, but let it be affected by power strength. 

2 add a charge for rock wall, increasing its strength at additional cost.

3 landslide could hit Rockwall to send rock shards out.

• Woah 1

Atlas is very annoying to get, and remarkably under powered for the difficulty. If you look at the other frames that are of similar difficulty to obtain the difference in power is just sad. Here are my suggestions:

1) I honestly think Atlas would be best served by replacing his rock walls with an armor boost (1/3 maybe 1/2 fill his rock armor) and AoE taunt to make him useful to a group. Have him stop and pull up some rock from the earth and roar or something like that. Have it send out a good size AoE taunt to keep enemies off of squishier allies. This would also serve to give his landslide a target rich environment as all nearby enemies converge on him.

2) He doesn't need shields. My best and most useful (and survivable) build on Atlas includes the use of a decaying dragon key just to drop his shields as low as possible.

3) Rumbler detonation. Let us use the power again to make the rumblers explode, deal an amount of damage proportionate to their remaining health, and drop healing rubble.

4) I also would like to add in my support for the armor counter from rubble to only reducing when actually taking damage.