Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does WF really deserve the game awards?

Space0ddity

Harp on me or critiscize me all you want,I'll still believe that Warframe isnt winning the game awards simply because it's an incomplete game。

It's about 200 hours of content stretched via grind to be 2000 hours of content。To literally everyone,this reeks of unconfidence。WF will be good enough to win maybe every award one day,but that'll require the grind to go down。

13 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

WF will be good enough to win maybe every award one day,but that'll require the grind to go down

Then Warframe will never win any awards. The grind is the game. Fair play to you if that isn't your preferred game style, but your arms are liable to snap if you make such wide, sweeping generalizations of the game and whether or not Warframe deserves to win awards, or the narrow field of The Game Awards... awards.

Editing to add: This is about a week too late for this discussion, no? What is the point of this little rant of yours?

Edited by peterc3

Considering the norm is for all games to release into Early Access or Alpha builds while AAA companies release multi billion/million games in equally incomplete and/or unplayable states I don't see how Warframe is in any bad shape.

You're making it seem like any game award is actually worth getting. I'd say the biggest reason why DE/Warframe is so amazing is because DE/Warframe doesn't give a sht about other people's awards. They focus on their own game, literally. The only real 'award' Warframe would be involved in would be one directly from the players and not set by some big self-proclaimed gaming authority. 

Edited by mosaickle

1 hour ago, Space0ddity said:

I'll still believe that Warframe isnt winning the game awards simply because it's an incomplete game。

Warframe is more than capable of winning awards, even if it's restricted only to a F2P category. there's a lot of half-baked games out there that are overrated as hell. game awards these days are won through money, nothing more. it's one big corporate circle jerk where the AAA companies can give each other dagger-stares, the awards lost all meaning years ago.

anyway, trophies don't matter in the grand scheme of things, watching a game that was once DE's last hope of staying in business, a game that publishers panned before it was even made, a game that was made by a few Canadians in a little studio, go on to become and remain one of the biggest F2P names out there, was and still is, it's own reward; far more satisfying than a trophy gathering dust in a cabinet.

I don't know if warframe deserve it or not (other games like Path of Exile may deserve it too) , but what i'm sure is that it deserve at least be nominated.

And the beta state, as far as i know, is only on pc. And we have it because pc version is the test version. We test the updates before console and help DE to find bugs.

WF is a F2P game. Grinding is just the nature of the beast. Fair enough if you don't enjoy that, its not for everyone. However I feel WF is more deserving of an award than many other games. I don't consider COD a complete game yet it gets an award every time it gets a reskin. Not that awards mean anything anyway. 

3 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

Harp on me or critiscize me all you want,I'll still believe that Warframe isnt winning the game awards simply because it's an incomplete game。

It's about 200 hours of content stretched via grind to be 2000 hours of content。To literally everyone,this reeks of unconfidence。WF will be good enough to win maybe every award one day,but that'll require the grind to go down。

You're playing an MMO, not a singleplayer AAA title, and for that matter you're playing in an era where even "AAA" titles are adding grind and microtransactions to single player games.

Not only would Warframe be judged in a different category alongside other types of games that need drawn out content to be sustained, but Warframe would still come out ahead of titles that should be better than it within their own categories. Believe as many wrong things as you want, you won't convince me this isn't one of the few beacons in gaming worth holding on to while the industry wets its pants for drinking too much of the capitalism koolaid. Nevermind the fact that the game awards is just as much a part of that embarassing stain on the pants of gaming as the very games they're advertising.

Edited by Beartornado

Strange world, in my younger days if a game lasted for more than 6 hours it was praiseworthy.

Small exception was D2, that game is considered one of the best ever if I recall, where I cant remember exactly what people did for years, wasn't grinding was it?

29 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Strange world, in my younger days if a game lasted for more than 6 hours it was praiseworthy.

Small exception was D2, that game is considered one of the best ever if I recall, where I cant remember exactly what people did for years, wasn't grinding was it?

In my younger days length of a game was never a criteria. I'd rather play (and pay for) an amazing game with 2 hours of gameplay, than a bad game with 500 hours of gameplay. It's like saying a movie becomes better, the longer it is.

Ok over all reply is first of all the game awards are never fair things that deserve a win will never get them secondly I agree warframe has not earned a win because it is just a couple hundred hours locked behind either grind or self set goals half the player base are people who stretch out content that's not there by making their own goals cause there is nothing to do. Also above I saw someone say "200 hours omg" well my response is its a online mmo it should have more they're not wrong. But again the game awards dont matter to begin with because larger companies will always win because of large playerbases and more advertising as well as the fact that time of release matters.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then Warframe will never win any awards. The grind is the game. Fair play to you if that isn't your preferred game style, but your arms are liable to snap if you make such wide, sweeping generalizations of the game and whether or not Warframe deserves to win awards, or the narrow field of The Game Awards... awards.

You've painted such a great picture of a man spreading his arms so wide as to characterize his generalization. 

I approve sir.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

WF is a F2P game. Grinding is just the nature of the beast. Fair enough if you don't enjoy that, its not for everyone. However I feel WF is more deserving of an award than many other games. I don't consider COD a complete game yet it gets an award every time it gets a reskin. Not that awards mean anything anyway. 

Totally agree. Warframe is such a beautiful and deep game, that really puts triple AAA games to shame, I can't even go back to D2 anymore - not because I don't like it, just because WF is so superior to me.

Aside from this, the developers are so transparent and engaged with us and it makes it feel like the game is less of a product but a labour of love which they are all passionate about. 

For these reasons, you can't take game awards seriously when bland games like CoD get awards, while this masterpiece does not.

8 hours ago, novalery said:

oh and warframe did won that steam labor of love award few months ago.. pretty sure DE have won some other awards for themself and warframe.

Not including warframe, but Unreal tournament was one of the first online game of the year games ever, DE and epic games hold a real title there. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

8 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

The game is officially still in beta, if I do not confuse. Did other beta games participate in the competition?

You realize every MMO or Game-As-A-Service is a officially still in beta right?

Like WoW is still technically in beta because they all are technically incomplete.

You know what game isn't in beta? StarWarsGalaxies, that one was released and then patched and now since the servers are shut down there is no more development.(emulator doesnt count)