Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does WF really deserve the game awards?

Space0ddity

You have an option for not grinding. You can buy from Market or from other players, even Riven mod. People who love grinding do the grinding. People who don't do the grinding can buy things from people who do. I don't see any problem with how Warfrmae grinding works.

Some games don't even have an options for trading. They HAVE TO do the grinding themself to get something (mostly MMORPG). I don't really have complain about Warframe grinding as when I completed it, I feel like I gain something. Also, some aspect that don't allow you to trade/buy from the market (AFAIK, Amp, Zaw etc.), they do have options for those who can do either low level contants and high level contants. If you can do high level, it's reward you so much that you don't have to even play it for 30 minutes to reach daily limit.

PS. Also, I do grinding for Xiphos for 2 months now... Still on going lol...

8 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

You have an option for not grinding. You can buy from Market or from other players, even Riven mod. People who love grinding do the grinding. People who don't do the grinding can buy things from people who do. I don't see any problem with how Warfrmae grinding works.

Some games don't even have an options for trading. They HAVE TO do the grinding themself to get something (mostly MMORPG). I don't really have complain about Warframe grinding as when I completed it, I feel like I gain something. Also, some aspect that don't allow you to trade/buy from the market (AFAIK, Amp, Zaw etc.), they do have options for those who can do either low level contants and high level contants. If you can do high level, it's reward you so much that you don't have to even play it for 30 minutes to reach daily limit.

PS. Also, I do grinding for Xiphos for 2 months now... Still on going lol...

once upon the time , there was an era when you cant just buy prime items and you had to grind for them or spend real money to get them , good days 

warframe grinding does not respect your time on most parts especially when you descend to the riven system madness, you feel forced to use money to get things done

the problem of this game is a crises of identity 

warframe? unconfident? its the one game you can earn premium currency without having to buy... they are that confident that people enjoy the game... it should win like most innovative game because of its stance on that stuff. they aren't being money grabs, they just have a great game...
and lmao other games have like 5-20hours gameplay if your lucky... and its not finished... dude who made this post doesn't understand what he is saying at all. poor guy

2 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

warframe? unconfident? its the one game you can earn premium currency without having to buy... they are that confident that people enjoy the game... it should win like most innovative game because of its stance on that stuff. they aren't being money grabs, they just have a great game...
and lmao other games have like 5-20hours gameplay if your lucky... and its not finished... dude who made this post doesn't understand what he is saying at all. poor guy

this gave deserve jack , its free yes , and it also allow you to capitalize on the misfortune of other people rng to get premium currency, but theres other fishes on the sea too

do you know a game called bloodborne ? it didn't win an award even tho it deserve that , now compare this game to it and all the game who didn't win any award even tho 

they're genuinely good , and what do we get in return if this game won an award anyway ? would the progression system get better ? the content will be more frequent ? tell me .

4 minutes ago, Paracosmer said:

once upon the time , there was an era when you cant just buy prime items and you had to grind for them or spend real money to get them , good days 

warframe grinding does not respect your time on most parts especially when you descend to the riven system madness, you feel forced to use money to get things done

the problem of this game is a crises of identity 

But you also have option for NOT doing that right? I do not know the era where Warframe cost money to get prime. But I do know that right now it's not. You have options, it's upto you to use either options that you feel like doing. If you don't feel like doing anything and feel like getting something without doing anything. Maybe you should play other games like Chess or something. Those game require you to do nothing and progress in the previous game have no relation to the next game.

Speaking of Riven. If you have resources booster it should not even be a problem because you can get 1,100+ Kuva per normal mission. I think it has 5 Kuva siphon and 1 Kuva Flood and cool down of about 30 minutes? IDK... but it should yield you about 7,700+ Kuva per mission rotation (or about 3,750+ if you don't have booster). Not to mention those mission are easy and most mission take about 5 minutes to completed (include destroying the Kuva Siphon). I know that even playing 6 missions per day (or about 30 minutes of game play) might be even too hard on someone. But you have option to play only mission you like wait for rotation and play it again.

Also, I do not talk about gaming award. But I talk about why Warframe should be winning it base on personal opinion. They offer so much options for variety of prople. Maybe it's just that those options may not suit your playing style? IDK...

Buy game award blueprint on the market, you'll realize to make a game award will cost you 100k Ferrite, 100k Savalge, 100k Nano Spore, 30k Polymer Bundle, 30k Plastids, 30k Circuits, 20 Orokin Cells, 20 Morphlic, 20 Neural Sensors, 20 Gallium, and 10 Argon Crystals.

Keep in mind, that one is just normal game award blueprint! Gold ones will double up the amount of resource cost and additional 50k Oxium!

2 minutes ago, Paracosmer said:

like the awful red dead ? monsterhunterworld ? god of war ? thought I agree there was big crappy AAA game this year like never before , War frame cannot compete with those game I 

mentioned on a game award ground .

Yeah Red Dead Campaign was amazing, Online is Boring and Tedious, God of War was good, Monster Hunter was good But so many more AAA Games were Steaming Piles of Crap

DE does not deserve game rewards, last 2 years have been lack of dynamic content (events and operations) and dull as hell, compare to the first few years when both the faces on dev stream  and management were intent on delivering a fun game.

Edited by Kyronz

11 часов назад, Dabnician сказал:

You realize every MMO or Game-As-A-Service is a officially still in beta right?

Like WoW is still technically in beta because they all are technically incomplete.

You know what game isn't in beta? StarWarsGalaxies, that one was released and then patched and now since the servers are shut down there is no more development.(emulator doesnt count)

This is a bit wrong. I do not know about the "technical", but officially many have long been out of beta. The beta version usually has a clearly defined timeframe before the release of the game. For example, WoW "Battle for Azeroth" was in beta from 2018-04-24 before the official release: 2018-08-14. Guild Wars 2 was in beta from December 2011 until its release on August 28, 2012. 

Unless DE starts to actually fix the game's flaws, Warframe doesn't deserve to win any award because what dose the game offer besides grind? basically nothing and that everything in Warframe is mediocre at best while the majority of it is the quality you would expect from any FTP game. DE may be the one of the best devs currently and that Warframe is IMHO the best FTP game but that doesn't excuse their absolute amateur game design that is holding the game back from truly achieving it's potential. 

Edited by (PS4)CommanderRadec81

2 часа назад, CrackCook сказал:

warframe? unconfident? its the one game you can earn premium currency without having to buy... 

Not the only one. In Guild Wars 2, you can also buy premium currency for in-game currency.

Цитата

This is what "other" games? List the name please. In Destiny 2, for example, the content is much more than 20 hours of play. In Guild Wars 2 I personally have been playing for five years (with interruptions) and I have not even gone through some raids and some of the fractals so far.

Edited by Falconer777

13 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderRadec81 said:

Unless DE starts to actually fix the game's flaws, Warframe doesn't deserve to win any award because what dose the game offer besides grind? basically nothing and that everything in Warframe is mediocre at best while the majority of it is the quality you would expect from any FTP game. DE may be the one of the best devs currently but that doesn't excuse their absolute amateur game design that is holding the game back from truly achieving it's potential. 

IDK, maybe you can tell me which game doesn't have a flaw? Which game is so perfect that make 'Everybody' 'New' and 'Old' enjoy any new contents that introduce into the game. I know that every games have a flaw where it can only make somebody happy, not everybody. But when compare the game to other maybe that is what make the award... TBH, I don't even care if Warframe got award or not. But I do want to know when someone said that Warframe doesn't deserve the award. Because that is what make the game move forward. Make someone know that what flaws the game have and needed to be fixed. Or just plain tell everybody that you don't like it even if it's suite every players, old or new...

Warframe get nominated last year because PoE was a revolutionary update for Warframe, the first step into mega-sized map free roaming game. This year however Fortuna is largely just a replica of PoE so no way it will get nominated again. Besides PoE stayed mostly a "mega-sized map free roaming game" i.e. doing the same sh1t in a really large map in the past year so it got negative mark in creativity.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

IDK, maybe you can tell me which game doesn't have a flaw?

Not saying that a game has to be flawless but for Warframe it's baffling how flawed the game is in nearly every category and to be in the current state right for so long now that it makes me disappointed in DE as a fan of them for over a decade. Warframe wants to do so many things but fails to do anything decent that anything DE tries to add something from other games but ends up being watered down to cater to casuals/new players so much that to the point that even the casuals/new players complain about it that only makes the fanboys happy.

On the topic of OP. To date, there is no endgame in Warframe, no auction, no normal PvP, there are dips in the storyline (although the plot itself is interesting), the open world is inferior to its counterparts in other games, the progression is useless.

This year there was only one interesting quest with a good warframe - Sacrifice.

There is hope for Railjack.

But for now, as rightly pointed out by @DreisterDino, remain the grind and  Fashionframe. Is this enough for a reward? I do not think so.

Edited by Falconer777

8 часов назад, Volinus7 сказал:

I think EA is pretty late for "Don't like it, Don't buy it" meme, Warframe went "Don't like it, Don't play it" long ago since it is the typical end point reply of complaint threads in Warframe forum.

“Man, it looks like you are burned out. I know the feeling. Step away. You do not have to play it. There are other fun games out there.”

“Our game is historically accurate. You are not educated enough to understand it. And you hate woman and people of color.”

Context matters.

5 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

But for now, as rightly pointed out by @DreisterDino, remain the grind and  Fashionframe. Is this enough for a reward? I do not think so.

I got hundreds of hours of entertainment for free. That's the only 'reward' I wanted. Right now I've ran out of things to do and I only return to the game to check out new content but that's fine. I didn't expect to be entertained forever.

As for the new content being noob-friendly, it's entirely understandable from a business point of view. Veterans are largely irrelevant as a monetizable audience, why should DE invest a lot of resources in making content appealing to them?

Edited by Guest

vor einer Stunde schrieb Pr1A:

Veterans are largely irrelevant as a monetizable audience, why should DE invest a lot of resources in making content appealing to them?

Do we got proves for this?

I really wonder why people keep saying this in the forum all the time when there are not even statsitics released that back it up.

F2P- and "Service Games" rely on a steady income and on whales (google fish/dolphins/whales in relation to this)

Now who do you think becomes a whale? Someone who is new and plays the game for a few months and leaves again?

Or someone that stays with the game for a long time aka a veteran?

If Veterans are entertained well and have a reason to keep playing, the will likely spend money on the game aswell.

Its not only about plat, huge part of what is sold are cosmetics, and i think everyone of us knows a person that has spent a huge amount of money into warframe.

1 big whale (which is mostly a vet IMO) can generate as much income as a whole bunch of dolphins (new players for the most part imo)

1 час назад, Pr1A сказал:

As for the new content to be noob-friendly, it's entirely understandable from a business point of view. Veterans are largely irrelevant as a monetizable audience, why should DE invest a lot of resources in making content appealing to them?

This is debatable. Veterans are also investing money in the game - you can see that in even this forum - many veterans will now buy Prime Access with Mesa Prime and its weapons. Cosmetics are already mentioned here. Veterans will buy new frames, new weapons, etc. Permanent players are regular customers, in general) New players ... they often simply do not understand anything in the Warframe system (there is no good information in the game), they see only platinum prices - and many leave, so I would not call their more reliable than veterans.