Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does WF really deserve the game awards?

Space0ddity

17 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

OP here im just gonna post here to keep my rep farm going and keep the discussion up by the by but i have something to add

can you call yourself someone who loves this game if you dont get angry for it screwing up?because i reaaaaalllly dont know

My dog barfs on the floor sometimes, but I still love him. 

15 часов назад, Space0ddity сказал:

can you call yourself someone who loves this game if you dont get angry for it screwing up?

Given that I am not playing now, but I continue to follow the news about the game and to this forum - yes, the further development of the game is definitely interesting for me.

At the same time, I really didn’t like some design and marketing solutions of developers. Some of these decisions disappointed me, some even made me angry.

"Love" and "screwed up" - too strong terms for the topic under discussion, IMHO)

В 14.12.2018 в 06:04, CrackCook сказал:

warframe? unconfident? its the one game you can earn premium currency without having to buy... they are that confident that people enjoy the game... it should win like most innovative game because of its stance on that stuff. they aren't being money grabs, they just have a great game...

There are other games where you can earn premium currency in-game. And this possibility doesn't make the game good nor does it make devs considered confident automatically.

Warframe has a lot of unfinished, unpolished, unthought-out contents and mechanics, that's a fact. Yes, it is still 'work in progress', and devs are really trying hard, they're learning and trying to make a great game, but, as others said, self identity crisis is somewhere here already.

On 2018-12-13 at 5:37 PM, Dabnician said:

You realize every MMO or Game-As-A-Service is a officially still in beta right?

Like WoW is still technically in beta because they all are technically incomplete.

You know what game isn't in beta? StarWarsGalaxies, that one was released and then patched and now since the servers are shut down there is no more development.(emulator doesnt count)

lol, says officially then first example is "technically".

You clearly do not know what a Beta is. 

On 2018-12-14 at 8:55 AM, Space0ddity said:

OP here im just gonna post here to keep my rep farm going and keep the discussion up by the by but i have something to add

can you call yourself someone who loves this game if you dont get angry for it screwing up?because i reaaaaalllly dont know

Again, I must know what is going on with your punctuation. It's not just the first post's periods. The question mark quoted above only creates more questions with no answers.

Explain.

As for your new comment, that's wildly incongruous with your original post.

Your first simply asked if an incomplete game, Warframe, deserved a Game Award. This new post cites screw-ups (worth me getting angry over them and presumably voicing that anger).

What does getting angry over a screw up have to do with Warframe deserving a Game Award (or not, due to its incomplete state)? Nothing, far as I can tell.

Explain.

As for your question, let's unpack it.

• Something/someone you love screws up (in this case, Warframe)
  • If you love it/them, you'll be angry, right? (loaded question, really)

Reality looks more like this:

• Something/someone you love screws up
  • If you love it/them you may or may not get angry
  • You might forgive it/them if you understand the context/nature of the screwup. It depends.
  • You might get angry. It depends.
  • You certainly have the right to be angry, but it doesn't mean you will be, even if you love it/them.

There is no yes/no answer to the question you asked. It depends, always.

Some things DE has screwed up I've forgiven them for. Easily.

I've occasionally been upset or annoyed by things, rarely pissed off but it has happened.

What's worse than the screwups, imo, is digging their heels in and refusing to change the thing. In most cases, they make changes.

Anyway, what is the screwup in Warframe's case? That they lacked the confidence to complete the game? Not following. Explain. And what is up with your punctuation? That's the most important question of all.

Edited by Rhekemi