Stats to look for with a Status Balla?

NIkuno

Question

While* I am sitting here farming for kuva, I figured I would ask which stats I should look out for with a status dagger running Condition Overload and Exodia Force.

46 rolls in and I have not found anything compelling enough to keep, though what I have currently is pretty ok. +attack speed, +heat, -crit damage. I figure that attack speed is the way to go since it synergizes pretty well with Condition Overload and Exodia Force, and I would really like some more status chance so that I can swap out the dual stat mods for pure damage, but the disposition is not cooperating with me.

Edited by NIkuno

9 answers to this question

Daggers are rather underwhelming for any builds per se. 

They are too powerful with covert lethality. 

It's hard to suggest anything if you are one shoting most enemies. 

If it's a CO build,

Speed and an element is usually suggested. 

Melee damage and status chance or combo duration won't hurt. 

Would say range, but it's a dagger, their range sucks so range is pretty pointless. 

Nothing at this  point. Wait for melee 3.0, otherwise whatever might be a better roll now could well become a worse one when it comes out. While it's not going to be implemented before the end of the year I don't think it's that far away either, would expect it to be released in February or so.  

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Daggers are rather underwhelming for any builds per se. 

7 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

Wait for melee 3.0

I do not disagree. My main hope for 3.0 is that the daggers get a buff since you need a zaw if you want to use daggers later in the game to stay relatively good to go. It just happens to be my favorite category of weapons and that I have nothing else that I want to do at the moment, so I am rolling my riven to see what I get. Need to kill time till Fortuna II somehow, right?

Looks like I had the right idea though.

Everyone says 'crit this', and 'crit that' while I am over here like, 'but I like this weapon that I built...'

As others have pointed out I'd say wait for melee 3.0 and see how daggers feel afterward.

You suggested increasing the attack speed, but from what I personally experienced having too much speed with dagger stances just makes you accidentally pass through enemies, which is absolutely horrid to proc ConditionOverload or any hits for that matter.

It's even more worrying when you consider that any other weapon would 3-hit kill enemies within sight without any worries due to their basic range, as compared to daggers whose unique ability is Close combat Finisher, so making and choosing a dagger solely for stacking is practically crippling yourself. ( I mean, if you want to do it I'm not shaming, you do you. )

That's why I believe that at this point "Crit this and Crit that" is just much more reliable, for a dagger at least.
Everything else has its own go-to feature that works with Condition Overload, but daggers simply have everything against it, they're not reliable to continuously hit enemies, they're short on range and have smaller base damage.

Side note, for any other CO build ; Radiation, Viral, Slash is what you should go for, in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

3 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Covert lethality, oneshot anything you can do a counter or finisher on.

You are not wrong, but I don't generally use those frames in question that utilize those mechanics too often. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You suggested increasing the attack speed, but from what I personally experienced having too much speed with dagger stances just makes you accidentally pass through enemies

Yea, I ended up taking off my Primed Fury to make room for Covert Lethality for that +100 damage, and it seemed to work a bit better than almost 3.00 attack speed with both that and the Riven bonus.

And you are also correct, I am aware that daggers are weaker than other categories, but I just like them.

il y a 15 minutes, NIkuno a dit :

And you are also correct, I am aware that daggers are weaker than other categories, but I just like them.

There's a stance that has fast over-head attacks which targets the head for extra damage and also has insta-proc finisher which is slightly wonky to trigger if you're interested.
Just need to remember the name of it.

I bet it'll help you stack condition overload and mitigate for lost damage as well if you complete the combo.
I have my own dagger equipped at all time, I like it just as much as you, though mine is more Critical stacking focused, it should work the same if you have enough status on yours.

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

There's a stance that has fast over-head attacks which targets the head for extra damage and also has insta-proc finisher which is slightly wonky to trigger if you're interested.
Just need to remember the name of it.

Dont know if it is the same one you are thinking of, but I have always used the stance with the spinny jump in the combo, which will get headshots quite a bit.