Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve crafting time and resources

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

The crafting time for many items can justify the means for a person to space out their time when play and can be micromanaged with the app to build and collect; but it is coming to 2019 and things can be improved to be consistent with the speed of the game play. Items such as Forma can scaled back to 30 minutes or an hour instead of the 24 hour or 10 platinum rush cycle. On the long term a person would have to spend spaced out intervals of their time to craft these or spend 1000's of platinum to amass and forma most items in the game; should a rush or a Affinity booster present it self. More time and platinum saved would boost the purchase power for the player, especially if they became intermediate with the game and decided to stick around after MR 7. Faster Forma and other craftable items would make the experience more punctual.

Next in observation is to make perishable items more of a material cost reduction in the foundry and the dojo.

Imo, production times are justified in WF, so that players won't speed through the content, also DE earns a buck from this since it's is a free gane (yep, "it's free game" argument). If a player wants to rush their progress, they are free to do so at a small cost of platinum, which is easily farmable by the way.

Why not go global and ask for weekly plat gifts from the Lotus then? /s

Edited by PurrrningBoop

yes, crafting takes a while, but as I've pointed out in the past, time-gating is a necessary evil: it sucks when you're on short time, but without it many would rush through content in a day or elss and then have nothing else to do. it's intended purpose is to keep people playing longer, and it does work in this regard. it's just a question of "at what point does time gating start to take the urine?", but this is subjective and there is no wrong or right answer, some people hate timegates more than others.

3 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The crafting time for many items can justify the means for a person to space out their time when play and can be micromanaged with the app to build and collect; but it is coming to 2019 and things can be improved to be consistent with the speed of the game play. Items such as Forma can scaled back to 30 minutes or an hour instead of the 24 hour or 10 platinum rush cycle.

Emphasis added by me. 

You just hit the nail on the head as to why they shouldn't shorten the foundry times. 

People rush through the game. @GnarlsDarkley has shown that someone who is particularly skilled could get stuck at the Sedna junction with a MR3 frame.

Rushing like that, could burn a person out. They could come to hate the game because of the grind. Fortuna just dropped for me. Instead of going on an extra long grind fest trying to get everything done at once, I'm taking my time, trying everything out. 

I know that I'm gated and so, instead of trying to fight it, I'm spreading everything around. It means that I get what I want, DE can get what they want, and we're all happy. 

If what you want is to rush without paying, then you are going to have a bad time. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You quoted him pointing out that there are other costs. Whether those are greater or less than the worth of the 5 plat is subjective, but you should at least acknowledge them when making that sort of statement. 

It's not subjective, because I have hundreds and thousands of them and I can't either sell or give them, they have no real value. You may highly value Excalibur Prime in your own head and that's highly subjective, but his real market value is 0. That's why 30 < 35.

26 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

It's not subjective, because I have hundreds and thousands of them and I can't either sell or give them, they have no real value. You may highly value Excalibur Prime in your own head and that's highly subjective, but his real market value is 0. That's why 30 < 35.

That explains why subjectively that is a good/better deal for you, not that it's not subjective. 

They need to time gate to mame money you know.

This isn't some injust system like we see in many other games, the game is free to those who are willing to wait.

They don't pop an ad in your face or anything saying something like "You should rush for 10 plat", it's a player choice.