What Is With These Build Requirments For Garuda?

(XBOX)Rey Za BurreI

11 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Time gating.

basically this^ It is a pretty heavy time-gate though, I think DE might be pushing their luck ever so slightly, they shouldn't make a time-gate for a warframe any bigger than this in future IMO. I understand they are trying to see what they can get away with, but there's already plenty dissent here as it is. as an example, the Dojo research for the Ocucor and Battacor is time gated as well: you need to do Kreska > Ocucor > Battacor research in that order and each one requires Fortuna resources (thank god I'm in a Ghost clan, so one mining session covers the costs) overall, that's 9 days for all 3 weapons, not including the build time in the foundry once you get the BPs from the completed research. if this is how research is gonna go now, then it'd probably be best if they just threw everything in the market instead.

on the plus side, 75% off Market Coupons exist, and I have plenty of chances to get one before I reach the point of getting the BPs together to make the gems that I need for Garuda, so it looks like another discount plat purchase to me. 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

The same reason why every Warframe, weapon, equipment and upgrade is gotten from a different mission at different stages of the game with different conditions. Is there any particular reason why ranking up on a faction is different from reaching a certain mastery rank, unlocking a certain mission or gathering items to build a navigation beacon?

Same reason you need to get all the way to max rank in the vent kids just to get the basic speed upgrade for the boards. Just there to be a kind of annoying time gate to make sure you keep coming back and playing this Great New Content every day for a month.

...of course, Garuda can be bought with plat, so some people might make an accusation along those lines (often seems justified), but in this case some of the other examples make it seem like it's just a general desire to try to stretch out the repetitive bounties and halfhearted minigames.

Edited by OvisCaedo

34 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

The same reason why every Warframe, weapon, equipment and upgrade is gotten from a different mission at different stages of the game with different conditions. Is there any particular reason why ranking up on a faction is different from reaching a certain mastery rank, unlocking a certain mission or gathering items to build a navigation beacon?

Actually, yes.  Daily limits.

There's a daily cap on the amount of standing you can gain with Solaris United, so players have a daily limit on how much closer to that goal they can get each day.  Marquis Thyst is used for Garuda and other things, refinement needs Cove rank, which is 141,000 standing minimum, and that's assuming that players picked the "right" rank-up rewards and totally ignore the kitgun, moa, and fishing blueprints/tools (which would cost standing out of that).

Contrast this with mastery points, mission completions, and resource drops, which do not have a daily limit on how many you can unlock/obtain, so players can keep playing and keep building up however much they need.

Edited by Rydian

9 minutes ago, Rydian said:

Actually, yes.  Daily limits.

There's a daily cap on the amount of standing you can gain with Solaris United, so players have a daily limit on how much closer to that goal they can get each day.  Marquis Thyst is used for Garuda and other things, refinement needs Cove rank, which is 141,000 standing minimum, and that's assuming that players picked the "right" rank-up rewards and totally ignore the kitgun, moa, and fishing blueprints/tools (which would cost standing out of that).

Contrast this with mastery points, mission completions, and resource drops, which do not have a daily limit on how many you can unlock/obtain, so players can keep playing and keep building up however much they need.

Except Mastery Rank tests have a 24 hour timer between each, which means that ultimately, certain things are placed behind similar progression blockers. Other items also exist behind similar conditions such as Archwing weapon pieces, Warframe ability augments, Conclave, etc. Either all of them are an issue, or Garuda is specifically highlighted because she is the flavor of the month.

15 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

Except Mastery Rank tests have a 24 hour timer between each, which means that ultimately, certain things are placed behind similar progression blockers. Other items also exist behind similar conditions such as Archwing weapon pieces, Warframe ability augments, Conclave, etc. Either all of them are an issue, or Garuda is specifically highlighted because she is the flavor of the month.

The timer on MR tests is a progression blocker, yes.

People have asked for it to be removed for years, but DE's not budging.

EDIT: Garuda's MR0 anyways.

Edited by Rydian

1 hour ago, Rydian said:

The timer on MR tests is a progression blocker, yes.

People have asked for it to be removed for years, but DE's not budging.

EDIT: Garuda's MR0 anyways.

the thing is MR wait time is non-existence if you pass it the first time, so there's shortcut. That is not the case with fortuna

3 hours ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

Can someone please explain to me why we have to achieve rank 4 in Solaris United just to get the resources to build her? Has DE lost it's damn minds? I really need to know. 

Simple. Someone in DE devteam was scared S-less that noone will want to play their new open world, so they put some kind of a carrot.. or rather a bunch of sticks.. for doing bounties.

Same thing we had in POE. Tbh this shows that whoever is in charge of creating content (open worlds) has rather low understanding about what's fun to play and what isn't.

And considering DEs pure disgust in returning and tweaking old content, we can already give up on expecting any major changes. Hopefully spider boss won't turn into S-show of micromanaging consoles, otherwise this whole Fortuna update will end up on cool, far overpowered, kitguns and nothing else to remember.

Edited by deothor

On 2018-12-13 at 8:24 AM, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

Can someone please explain to me why we have to achieve rank 4 in Solaris United just to get the resources to build her? Has DE lost it's damn minds? I really need to know. 

No you only need to get better at it. 

Also learn patience, it will come in handy in real life to. 

Edited by (PS4)ImTheOx

Looking at Gara in comparison, it appears you only needed to reach rank 1 with Ostron to get the Coprite alloy blueprint you needed to craft her. And Gara didn't require a resource like Toroids either.

Needing 5000 standing for ranking compared to needing 141,000 standing for ranking is quite a leap (and that ignores the standing needed to buy all the blueprints which is quite significant too).

We can only speculate as to why. But it's not like there's much room to push it further which seems kinda odd. They've gone straight from pretty much shortest with Gara to pretty much longest with Garuda.

At least there's a lot of middle ground to find.

And if you could get Garuda within a few hour of booting Fortuna you would be complaining bout how there is no reason to grind Fortuna...

Also, it is important to note Garuda is quite cheap once you hit rank 4. She is kind of like your big reward for doing the Fortuna grind.

DE can't win.

The problem is not the build requirements, the problem is that we get the main blueprint for Garuda right off the bat after finishing vox solaris quest, just "here's a blueprint we found, you can have it".

From what I understood Garuda was supposed to have some sort of mini-quest or lore thing, instead, we got a bare-bones frame: here's the bp, go farm/grind the other stuff. 

This whole topic would have a different tune if we only got Gruda Bp at Rank 3/4/5 Solaris("We can now trust you a bit, here's a bp we found") but then people would complain about time gating her to daily standing gain AND resource requirements, in the end, her introduction to WF was weak. 

Edited by HellVOps

33 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

And if you could get Garuda within a few hour of booting Fortuna you would be complaining bout how there is no reason to grind Fortuna...

This would be true if there weren't MOA companions to craft.

Or there weren't kitguns to craft.

Or there weren't k drives to craft.

Or there weren't floofs to buy.

But there are.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

28 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Also, it is important to note Garuda is quite cheap once you hit rank 4. She is kind of like your big reward for doing the Fortuna grind.

DE can't win.

Garuda had absolutely nothing to do with Fortuna. There was already no reason to be grinding Fortuna for this frame to begin with. If Garuda wasn't awarded through Fortuna, I would still grind Fortuna because of Moas, Kitguns, new mods, etc. 

What is with this mentality that everything in the game should be obtainable with the same amount of effort? If that's the case, why not just make all frames able to be farmed from Mercury?

I've already got all the resources farmed (just need the last two gem blueprints) and all the Garuda parts and about to be rank 3 with Solaris and the update only came out on console earlier this week. And I have a full-time job. 

It's reallllly not that bad of a grind...Especially considering the rng involved in a lot of this game, there shouldn't be much argument about grinding rep with a clear end in sight. 

6 hours ago, _Urakaze_ said:

the thing is MR wait time is non-existence if you pass it the first time, so there's shortcut. That is not the case with fortuna

Another difference I didn't think of immediately is that MR is something people can get out of the way ahead of time.  When you hit MR8, for example, you immediately unlock access to all items needing MR8.  You don't need to do a separate time-gated process each time a new MR8 item comes out.

Oh boy here it goes again.

Why does it matter what rank she requires to get? If you absolutely must have your new shiny right now then go buy her with plat like you've always been able to do (it's literally DE's monetization model).

Or you could just y'know, play the game and work torwards getting her. Contrary to the belief of (apparently) many people Warframe is actually a video game, something for you to have fun playing. It's only a predatory skinner box if you, for some reason, no longer have any enjoyment out of playing and continue to do so.

And before the other complaints of "but rep limits" go play the rest of the game first. If your MR is so low that daily rep is too slow then you probably should be working towards finishing the rest of the game. If you're in the MR20+ range and still complaining then you'll simply always be upset at something and should really go find a different game to play.

I didn't mind it. It was kind of refreshing having something to work toward. You get it just from playing. I can understand why that might suck for anyone that doesn't enjoy playing Fortuna, but in my opinion they do give waaay more options for gaining standing than any other faction/syndicate in the game. It was a lot easier to get Garuda, for me anyway, than it was farming defection missions to get Harrow.

9 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Time gating.

Kinda this. 

It's really the last gem blueprint that holds her back. 

Of course, it really isn't that bad since she's simply part of something you'll be doing anyway if you have any interest at all in Fortuna. I usually pace myself on rep grinds, but I still had her done in under two weeks with no particular effort expended until the serious mining started. 

And she is worth the effort.