Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pathera small buff and QoL changes

BlachWolf

The panthera is a fun gun with some interesting fire modes, though lacking in the stat department. With some small changes, this weapon could turn out great.

Primary fire:

*Reduce the ammo consumption to one instead of two.

*Increase the crit chance from 12% to 15%.

Alt fire:

*This is basically a beam, but without the beam weapon rework, apply the rework to it.

*Reduce the base dmg and increase the fire rate.

*Increase the range to at least 15m.

This would make the weapon a great sidegrade for new players, while giving it more endgame potential. Some changes to its augment could also be done, but because I've never used it, I cant give any feedback.

Though one other thing that can be done, is just to wait for its prime haha.

Edited by BlachWolf

1 hour ago, BlachWolf said:

Primary fire:

*Reduce the ammo consumption to one instead of two.

While I'm always down for buffs to underappreciated weapons,
I'd say Panthera's Primary Fire ammo consumption is ~fair enough actually,
50 damage per ammo used is solid, heck, it beats e.g. Boltor Prime.
(Plus it makes the weapon just a tad more unique, FWIW.)

*Increase the crit chance from 12% to 15%.

As someone who quite dislikes abhors unreliable Crit,
I'd rather have a more significant buff (and slight base damage reduction along with it).
Make Panthera a proper Crit / Status hybrid on both firing modes
rather than (once again, DE why) split those up.

Alt fire:

*This is basically a beam, but without the beam weapon rework, apply the rework to it.

*Reduce the base dmg and increase the fire rate.

*Increase the range to at least 15m.

:thumbup:

Also, one big issue I have with Panthera is that it's one of those weapons where Heavy Caliber is just a no-go.
In this case, it makes your projectiles split apart by the maximum horizontal spread,
meaning with Split Chamber, you get two blades that always diverge as far as possible from where you aim,
thus making it 100% impossible to hit stuff you're aiming at after a certain distance. That's just silly.

36 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

As someone who quite dislikes abhors unreliable Crit,
I'd rather have a more significant buff (and slight base damage reduction along with it).
Make Panthera a proper Crit / Status hybrid on both firing modes

Well yes I would also enjoy that, I just didnt want to go overboard with the buff. The two ammo comsuption though really doesnt make it special, it really only hammers your ammo economy, though if they would do something like the quartakk, where it shoots two blades with half of the dmg and rifle status chance, then yes that'd be ok.

I agree, and I think functioning as a beam (with the current default beam fire rate of 12.0) would be the best improvement. Innate punch through would be nice too, especially since you're already competing with melee at its current range. I think it might use a bit of AoE too, but I'd have to play with proper beam changes first to form an opinion about that. I'd also make punch through mods work on primary fire if possible.

I'm not sure it would get a Prime since you need a grineer Miter to build it (but I'm not against at all).

Edited by Neightrix

13 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I agree, and I think functioning as a beam (with the current default beam fire rate of 12.0) would be the best improvement

Yep that would be really nice.

14 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

Innate punch through would be nice too, especially since you're already competing with melee at its current range.

Ah 1.0 punch through buff would be nice yeah, though i would much more like a range buff to 15 or even 20m.

15 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I think it might use a bit of AoE too,

I don't really know how that would work, but yeah why not,

15 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I'd also make punch through mods work on primary fire if possible.

It already has punch through, it really depends as long as it doesn't mess with the bouncing of the projectiles, which what makes the weapon so special.

17 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I'm not sure it would get a Prime since you need a grineer Miter to build it (but I'm not against at all).

Well its a tenno based weapon so I believe it can be primed, if not then it would be the same dilemma with revenant and nidus. But then again its up to DE to decide, though it would really be a shame if they wouldn't at least make a prisma /vandal version out of it.