Spy Mod farming (salt warning)

(NSW)Kokojo

Question

Hi,

I just made a Dagger Zaw and I'm farming covert lethality.
Wikia says T3 Spy missions are the only one that drops it (around 6%)

I did the same mission in Pluto so many times that I could get the MR from a Dark Dagger, my Zaw and the Broken Scepter and all I got from all those missions was a bunch of dual stats mods, not even Hell's Chamber or another Ivara part, just the same mods over and over and over and over and over... (They are useful, but I just need 2 of each, not 6).

I'm running Ivara (no Infiltrate unfortunelly) with that Hack mod (because I'm slow) to prevent me from failing any room.

•  Is there any tactic and/or mission that can shorten the grind?

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo

12 answers to this question

As far as shortening the grind goes, you can take a fast frame or use your Operator, and craft some Cyphers. Simply rush the objective, hack with cyphers and forget about doing so stealthily. Stealth will only give you extra affinity, and clearly you're here for the mods.

As for the drop chances, 6% drop rate means that you should almost certainly get at least one within the first 74 runs (that is, the chances of not getting that specific mod 74 times in a row is <1%). Probability can be quite deceitful sometimes, but it looks like you're just having bad RNG.

I tried to get Ivara for months grinding the "hard spy missions" as wiki suggested, a friend of mine took me to lvl 20-30 range (I'd say easy to mid) spy missions we did 5 runs and I got all Ivara bits

I wouldn't dare say the RNG system is utterly crap, because there is no way that can be right? So yeah everything works fine just keep grinding spy missions and don't trust the wiki some articles are outdated I think.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

just the same mods over and over and over and over and over... (They are useful, but I just need 2 of each, not 6).

Is there any tactic and/or mission that can shorten the grind?

Sell these to other players

Buy the mod from someone with the plat you made from selling mods

Your problems can solve eachother 😉 

Buy and sell through https://switch.warframe.market :) 

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

I found out that running fissures is pretty nice way to farm that. Usually T3 fissure runners tend to be pretty experienced and motivated to run efficiently. 

Edit: offTopic: this also applied to Ivara bit farm.

Edited by Pinegulf
+ Ivara

20 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Trading for the mod, of course. If you can get it from someone who took their PC account, then it's probably not even expensive.

17 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Sell these to other players

Buy the mod from someone with the plat you made from selling mods

Your problems can solve eachother 😉 

Buy and sell through https://switch.warframe.market 🙂

Well, I made some nice plat (sold 5 Frigid Blast and 3 Thermite Rounds fo 20pl each) and bought Covert Lethalithy for 20pl.
It worked, I guess....

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Well, I made some nice plat (sold 5 Frigid Blast and 3 Thermite Rounds fo 20pl each) and bought Covert Lethalithy for 20pl.
It worked, I guess....

So basically, you still farmed the mod you wanted, just indirectly 😉 Glad you managed to get what you wanted. Sometimes, with certain dropchances, the indirect way is better.